LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interesting. They never used to respond. Guess Chandler runs things differently. My bad.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Interesting. They never used to respond. Guess Chandler runs things differently. My bad.
Sometimes Chandler responds and sometimes she doesn't. For example she replied to my update letter but not my letter of interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I declined my acceptance here, hopefully someone on here who got waitlisted can have that spot now!

Reactions: 1 users
mine has not changed since I scheduled interview in October🙁I don't know if I should call and ask
If you've already had your interview, then there's no need to call. You'll be notified when they make a decision (acceptance, waitlist, or rejection).

Feel free to email any academic or personal updates (DAT scores, grades, volunteering, shadowing, etc.)

3.93 GPA, 20AA 21TS 18PAT,
My application was completed kind of late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance email this morning at 7:40 AM !

Hi, my status changed on AADSAS from under review to none. does anyone know what that means? My LECOM portal still says the comittee is still reviewing your file. Do acceptances go out all day, or just in the morning?

Hi, my status changed on AADSAS from under review to none. does anyone know what that means? My LECOM portal still says the comittee is still reviewing your file. Do acceptances go out all day, or just in the morning?
If it does not say on your LECOM portal that a decision has been made, then that means you’re still under review and will probably not receive anything right now. I would go by the LECOM portal before AADSAS. Usually once they make a decision of waitlisted, rejected, or accepted your LECOM portal will change to say a decision has been made.

If it does not say on your LECOM portal that a decision has been made, then that means you’re still under review and will probably not receive anything right now. I would go by the LECOM portal before AADSAS. Usually once they make a decision of waitlisted, rejected, or accepted your LECOM portal will change to say a decision has been made.
What would you say is likely if we still haven’t heard and our status on LECOM’s portal says a decision hasn’t been made yet? When does the waitlist start?

Thanks for the response, does the committee usually send out acceptances all day or should I believe since I haven't had an acceptance yet I may be put on waitlist?

Thanks for the response, does the committee usually send out acceptances all day or should I believe since I haven't had an acceptance yet I may be put on waitlist?
I don’t know exactly when the waitlist will go out but I would assume within the next couple of weeks. As far as acceptances today, in the past LECOM usually sends them out in one batch, so unless they decided to do it differently for today I would assume that’s probably it for today.

Am I allowed to call admissions and ask for any status updates? Or will that annoy them?

So will they start doing rolling interviews soon?
Interviews usually run every Thursday until March/April.
Am I allowed to call admissions and ask for any status updates? Or will that annoy them?
Keep in mind that admissions is handling 3000+ applications, so calling to ask them about your application can not only be annoying but it can slow down the entire process. Imagine if they answered the phone for every applicant asking for a status update, they would never be able to actually get their job done.

You can email in any updates as I mentioned a few days ago, but just trust the process! You will be notified of a decision at some point.

I interviewed there last Thursday. They told us the next batch of acceptances go out on Jan 15th and then they give the accepted people 30 days to respond. After 30 days on Feb 16th, they will send out invites on a rolling basis.
The interview was pretty chill tbh, but I was super nervous and jumbled a few of my words. Hope I still hear back!

I interviewed there last Thursday. They told us the next batch of acceptances go out on Jan 15th and then they give the accepted people 30 days to respond. After 30 days on Feb 16th, they will send out invites on a rolling basis.
The interview was pretty chill tbh, but I was super nervous and jumbled a few of my words. Hope I still hear back!

When did you receive the interview invite, if you don’t mind me asking?
I received my interview invite on 1/5/21 and the first available date to interview was February 25th.

I think I was in the same interview group on Jan 7th? I thought I heard them say people had 14 days to respond to acceptances. I also feel like I didn't give my best interview, best of luck!

My status changed to none after getting interviews, I guess it says none because they haven't decided on accept/waitlist/reject. When did you interview at LECOM?

I wasn't going to do my secondary but decided to do it anyway last week. Got an interview invite today so... guess it was the right choice lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if LECOM like letters of intent even if you haven't received an interview invite yet?

Does anyone know if LECOM like letters of intent even if you haven't received an interview invite yet?
May be better to write a letter of interest?

I think it's interest (pre-interview) and intent (post-interview), but I may be mixing them up.

When did you receive the interview invite, if you don’t mind me asking?
I received my interview invite on 1/5/21 and the first available date to interview was February 25th
I think it was Dec 23th, but unfortunately, I saw it 3 days late, I suspect I may have been able to get an earlier date if I registered immediately.

I think I was in the same interview group on Jan 7th? I thought I heard them say people had 14 days to respond to acceptances. I also feel like I didn't give my best interview, best of luck!
Thank you ! Wishing you the best of luck as well.
But no I dont think we were in the same group, my interview was on Jan 14th.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the difference?
A letter of interest expresses your interest in attending a school where as a letter of intent states that if accepted to a school you will 100% attend. A letter of intent should only be sent to one school, preferably post-interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #12
School: LECOM
Notification date: 01/21/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Massachusetts
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28
Application complete date: 9/03
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.7, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 03/11/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual

I will be declining the interview offer so one you deserving peeps can get it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview as well! The earliest date available was 3/4 unfortunately.

Interview #12
School: LECOM
Notification date: 01/21/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Massachusetts
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/28
Application complete date: 9/03
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.7, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 02/11/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual

I will be declining the interview offer so one you deserving peeps can get it!
What school have you accepted if you don't mind me asking?

Deposited at both Columbia and Stony Brook. I am still trying to decide among the two.
Congrats!! I'm still hoping to hear back from Stony Brook. Do you mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed with them?

Congrats!! I'm still hoping to hear back from Stony Brook. Do you mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed with them?
Lol lets not talk about another school here and annoy people who care about LECOM haha. You can pm me though.

Also can I get another dentist I’ve been shadowing with since I submitted to write me a letter and send it to the admissions committee or would that not be advised?

Also can I get another dentist I’ve been shadowing with since I submitted to write me a letter and send it to the admissions committee or would that not be advised?
This probably would have been better to submit with your initial application; instead, I'd suggest sending in an update letter (academic, volunteering, shadowing, DAT, etc.)

Last edited:
Received interview invitation this morning. First available interviews for me are about 2 months out (3/18).

I will be declining this interview and withdrawing my application as I have already gotten into my state school. I hope my interview spot goes to someone who would like to attend this school.

Goodluck everyone.

Reactions: 3 users