LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

So looking at the acceptance letter the drug screening is due in 30 days after the first 2000 dollar deposit and has to be done through a specified company. Do they give more specific instructions after receiving the first deposit or do we just go out and do it on our own? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

So looking at the acceptance letter the drug screening is due in 30 days after the first 2000 dollar deposit and has to be done through a specified company. Do they give more specific instructions after receiving the first deposit or do we just go out and do it on our own? Thanks for the help!
Unless they changed it, you won’t really get much more and what was in your packet was it until you get your matriculation packet around mid/late January. Last year, I just looked up the company and they had plenty of locations. I actually called to schedule though instead of online scheduling and customer service was helpful on the phone to get me an appointment set up!

Reactions: 1 users
LECOM and timely instructions are two things that will never meet. Basically like the person above said, just call up the lab or schedule online and let them know it's for certephi when there and they'll take care of the rest for the most part. Also get an alcohol test if they decided to forget to tell you guys again this year. That was real fun for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM and timely instructions are two things that will never meet. Basically like the person above said, just call up the lab or schedule online and let them know it's for certephi when there and they'll take care of the rest for the most part. Also get an alcohol test if they decided to forget to tell you guys again this year. That was real fun for us.
Alcohol test? Wym

Reactions: 1 user
Alcohol test? Wym
An alcohol test to see if you have any OH in your system. Cheapest is a urine test. Its a completely pointless test that was a nice waste of $40. They forgot to include that detail in our packet so we all had to go out and get one last second. Double check with them to see if they just stopped requiring it, but I wouldn't be surprised that they forgot again.

An alcohol test to see if you have any OH in your system. Cheapest is a urine test. Its a completely pointless test that was a nice waste of $40. They forgot to include that detail in our packet so we all had to go out and get one last second. Double check with them to see if they just stopped requiring it, but I wouldn't be surprised that they forgot again.
What’s the point of it lol we’re 21+

Welcome to LECOM
Wait, you are not allowed to drink alcohol? And what if you used to live in a state where weed is legal? Would I lose my spot if I test positive for ethanol or THC?

Wait, you are not allowed to drink alcohol? And what if you used to live in a state where weed is legal? Would I lose my spot if I test positive for ethanol or THC?
You can drink, though you aren't allowed water in the lecture hall which is a whole different issue. They don't ever test you again so just make sure that one test is going to be clean.

You are allowed to drink if 21+. They give the test to look for those who may be alcoholics/addicted. The amount of time you would have to wait to drink (EtG test detects 3-5 days before) would cause withdrawal symptoms for those who are addicted. It’s annoying but a part of the requirements unfortunately.

To current LECOM students:
What’s the best course of action for an applicant that didn’t hear from LECOM on D-Day? I have already interviewed and sent a letter of interest following my interview.

To current LECOM students:
What’s the best course of action for an applicant that didn’t hear from LECOM on D-Day? I have already interviewed and sent a letter of interest following my interview.
All you can do now is wait. If you have any updates like added grades, extracurriculars, etc you can send update emails. I wouldn’t do that more than once a month though as to not bother the school too much.

Hey so do we have to mail our deposit? I didn't see a way to do it electronically within the letter :unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a lot less people in the 2025 Facebook group than last year though. That was usually a decent indication last year.

There is a lot less people in the 2025 Facebook group than last year though. That was usually a decent indication last year.
So you might be suggesting that there so far has been less given acceptances compared to this time last year. Just to clarify. I am still waiting for an interview. Fingers crossed!

Are the numbers from the Facebook group usually fairly accurate/good indication of how many spots are filled?

Are the numbers from the Facebook group usually fairly accurate/good indication of how many spots are filled?
I wouldn't say it's 100% a good way to tell how many acceptances went out or were accepted, but it was a lot higher by this time last year. Of course it could be that more don't have Facebook, don't know about the group, etc. Also, people that join those groups don't always accept their spot. Even I'm still in some fb groups for other schools.

Most likely not an accurate depiction of the number of spots filled. Members in the group may be upperclassmen too.

Received an interview invite this morning but will be declining. 3.6 o/sGPA 24 AA

Reactions: 3 users
I also received and declined my interview today. Wish yall the best :>

Hey guys! If we have not received an interview yet, would you suggest to email them a letter showing our interest? Or that should only be done after getting interviewed?
Yes, definitely! Be proactive, show interest, and it will pay off.

Would we just send this to the admissions email?

I would send it to Chandler! But I think she gets all of the admissions emails anyway so maybe either way doesn't matter.

LECOM wants you to show interest so definitely do so!

If you weren’t waitlisted by now, does that mean it will be a rejection on January 15th?
(I interviewed in very early October)

If you weren’t waitlisted by now, does that mean it will be a rejection on January 15th?
(I interviewed in very early October)

No. At least for LECOM, no news is good news. It means you’re still being considered. Last year, I heard nothing from them until the very end of February when I received my interview invitation.

No. At least for LECOM, no news is good news. It means you’re still being considered. Last year, I heard nothing from them until the very end of February when I received my interview invitation.
Will they waitlist more people on January 15fh or is the waitlist complete?

You will be notified if you are placed on the waitlist. No need to speculate if you're on it or if it's "full".

You will be notified if you are rejected. If so, strengthen your application to prepare for the next application cycle, if needed.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone here accepted a post December interview date with LECOM?
What was the earliest date you were able to choose?
Thanks

Has anyone here accepted a post December interview date with LECOM?
What was the earliest date you were able to choose?
Thanks
February 25th

Do they usually reply and/or acknowledge that they received letters or interest??

I got a response this morning after sending my letter of interest. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything correct?

Do they usually reply and/or acknowledge that they received letters or interest??
Yeah i sent one last week and they replied. They also sent me an interview the next morning.

I received a response this morning after sending a letter of interest. Does this necessarily mean anything??
No. They’ll just add it to your file.