LECOM-Erie Discussion Thread 2010-2011

Started by ShyRem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha you two would hate Florida. the "It feels like" has been like 105+ pretty much everyday that it hasn't rained this summer. That is a big selling point for the northern schools. Wearing a suit a few weeks ago was probably the worst thing I have ever had to do. But you all probably dont think 50 is cold like we do down here :laugh:

Is anyone else interviewing on 8/13 or am I the only one?

When did you get the email saying your secondary has been processed?
 
I'm from Sacramento, CA and will be moving to Omaha, NE really soon! I'll be leaving from Omaha, plane hopefully, and will be getting there on the 26th and leaving the 27th. Hotels aren't cheap! I bet over half of the people on 8/27 will be from SDN... !
Nice...haha I pretty much had the opposite reaction on the expensiveness of the city! Then again, I'm from New York City, so pretty much anywhere else looks cheap by comparison. I was looking at Erie apartment prices on Craigslist yesterday and it totally blew my mind...a two bedroom apt is much less than renting a room with roommates here or getting a crappy studio! I could definitely get used to that!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So we dont need to submit the science professor letters until after the interview right?

Science Professors BEFORE, and D.O letter after.

Please make certain all supporting documents (letters of recommendation from your college or university and MCAT scores) have been received in the Office of Admissions prior to the date of the interview. FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON COMPLETING THE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION, go to portal.lecom.edu, log in and click the Admissions tab - the instructions are located on the right. If you are accepted for admission, LECOM also requires a letter of recommendation from a osteopathic physician to complete your application.
 
Last edited:
Hm, definitely some interesting numbers, since they're very off from what the official CIB has. For 09-10, they only have 4424 applicants like someone wrote earlier, and 374 matriculants.

You know, I have been thinking about this and the numbers are from 2008. I wonder if they lumped Braedenton in there? I am assuming these stats are for the class matriculating in 2008 and Seton Hill did not start classes until July 2009.
 
Nice...haha I pretty much had the opposite reaction on the expensiveness of the city! Then again, I'm from New York City, so pretty much anywhere else looks cheap by comparison. I was looking at Erie apartment prices on Craigslist yesterday and it totally blew my mind...a two bedroom apt is much less than renting a room with roommates here or getting a crappy studio! I could definitely get used to that!!!

Seriously.. But I've never heard anything about the town of Erie, I wonder how it is? It's apparently decent sized, 100K population.
 
Seriously.. But I've never heard anything about the town of Erie, I wonder how it is? It's apparently decent sized, 100K population.
Cost of living is great, and you're close to pretty much any store you'd ever want to shop at. Presque Isle is a great place to relax on the beach when it's nice out, and Erie has pretty good minor league baseball, basketball, and hockey teams with affordable tickets (Less than $10 some nights/seats.) Night life is dismal though, public transportation is terrible, and there's lots of snow. All depends on what type of a person you are really, how much you need an active nightlife, and how well you can tolerate the snow. I love it, but I grew up in the snow belt 😛
 
Is there a consensus on what hotel people are staying at for the interview this Friday? I know some of the LECOM-B interviewee's are meeting up, if anyone wants to plan something similar i'm in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a consensus on what hotel people are staying at for the interview this Friday? I know some of the LECOM-B interviewee's are meeting up, if anyone wants to plan something similar i'm in.

I'm arriving Thursday night and staying at the Econolodge (I'm so classy).

What time are we expected to show in the morning? At 8 or earlier?
 
I'm arriving Thursday night and staying at the Econolodge (I'm so classy).

What time are we expected to show in the morning? At 8 or earlier?
I think I won't be able to sleep the night before...so I am probably going to show up around 6.
 
Is there a consensus on what hotel people are staying at for the interview this Friday? I know some of the LECOM-B interviewee's are meeting up, if anyone wants to plan something similar i'm in.

I'll be in the Days Inn on Thursday
 
I'm staying at the Days Inn. I don't think I'll be able to sleep as well! So excited!
 
I'm arriving Thursday night and staying at the Econolodge (I'm so classy).

What time are we expected to show in the morning? At 8 or earlier?

When I interview, the letter I got said the day began at 8:00 am, so I got there about 10 till 8. When I got there, I was the only one waiting and when I recieved my folder it stated that the informal Q&A session began at 7:45, so I may shoot for 7:30-7:40 just to be on the safe side. This is just my opinion though.
 
When I interview, the letter I got said the day began at 8:00 am, so I got there about 10 till 8. When I got there, I was the only one waiting and when I recieved my folder it stated that the informal Q&A session began at 7:45, so I may shoot for 7:30-7:40 just to be on the safe side. This is just my opinion though.

Thanks for the heads up, your posts have been helpful. 👍

Just got my room for the Days Inn, on Thursday, cheapest room I could find :laugh:. Can't wait!
 
Got status update saying i'm invited for interview. No email or date yet. Hopefully I can interview before September, but I doubt that seeing that earlier invites have those spots. :xf:
 
Last edited:
Normally I wouldn't do this but... I am staying at the days inn and I have a rental car. If anyone can't find a ride maybe I can drive some people.
 
Got status update saying i'm invited for interview. No email or date yet. Hopefully I can interview before September, but I doubt that seeing that earlier invites have those spots. :xf:
When did you get the email that your secondary was received?
 
LECOM Seton Hill is my first choice school. I am really excited about PBL and the fact that Seton Hill is close enough to my current home to commute. 🙂

Some things that really surprised me about LECOM's app:

1) No essays this year. According to last year's thread they had two essays. I am NOT complaining, though! 😉

If there is no secondary, are there short answer questions in secondary?

Can somebody post more details about the secondary. I want to start working on it soon...
 
If there is no secondary, are there short answer questions in secondary?

Can somebody post more details about the secondary. I want to start working on it soon...

There are no essays or short answer questions. basically it asks you to clarify some general information like race, address, SSN, stuff like that. You don't need to start working on this one because it will take only a few minutes to fill out.

It is a good idea to start working on the other ones you know for sure that you will receive. I got boggled down with them at the beginning because I hadn't and really wish I had.

Good luck with all the secondaries :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have received an interview invite, have you completed all your pre requisites?

Thanks

I have them all done but I finished them after i submitted the primary, they don't seem to care if you have them all done before the interview.
 
For those who have received an interview invite, have you completed all your pre requisites?

Thanks

I have not, I still need some more credits of behavioral science. There may be a subjective element to how they regard incomplete pre-reqs. How many credit-hours are you short?
 
It hit me this afternoon that I will actually be leaving tomorrow for Erie for my first ever medical school interview! :scared:

Best wishes to this Friday's group! :luck:

good luck! remember everything that can help the rest of us 🙂 If I get in here then I dont have to worry about any other school besides CCOM and NSU-COM. Hopefully I can get into all 3 and have the hardest decision I have ever made!
 
If you don't mind me asking, when were you guys completed? I have been complete since. 6/24 with a "app still under review" decision.
 
If you don't mind me asking, when were you guys completed? I have been complete since. 6/24 with a "app still under review" decision.

Same here... 🙁 Made me so excited the first time I saw that but now it has been up there for a while...
 
It hit me this afternoon that I will actually be leaving tomorrow for Erie for my first ever medical school interview! :scared:

Best wishes to this Friday's group! :luck:

I second that, i'm driving up tomorrow, it's CRAZY.:scared:

Good luck to everyone else as well, i'll see you there.:luck:
 
It hit me this afternoon that I will actually be leaving tomorrow for Erie for my first ever medical school interview! :scared:

Best wishes to this Friday's group! :luck:

Me too! I'm so excited! Leaving tomorrow after work...luckily my work days pass really fast.

BTW, I think my mom is just as excited about this interview as I am! Anyone else have neurotic parents?
 
It hit me this afternoon that I will actually be leaving tomorrow for Erie for my first ever medical school interview! :scared:

Best wishes to this Friday's group! :luck:

yes, it will be my first ever as well!😱 i'll be leaving in the morning tomorrow. good luck to everyone and looking forward to meeting you all on friday!!
 
I got an email that my application is on hold for MCAT status. I just retook it. Do they only give out secondaries to those getting interviewed? What's their GPA/MCAT stat?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email that my application is on hold for MCAT status. I just retook it. Do they only give out secondaries to those getting interviewed? What's their GPA/MCAT stat?

No, the only school that I am aware of which gives out interviews to those who receive secondaries is Touro-NY
 
What happens if you miss the phone call for an interview? Do they leave a voicemail?