-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM Erie Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone from 10/7 receive a letter in the mail yet? I'm wondering when to expect mine... It will have to forward from MN to CO...
I havent received mine yet..It says that the letter has been sent and I am in Ohio. I am hoping maybe today/tomorrow!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted from 10/7! got the letter on saturday from michigan!
Congrats! We now have a LECOM-Erie Class of 2016 thread under medical students in case you're interested.
accepted from 10/7! got the letter on saturday from michigan!
What was your status in the portal before you received the letter?
Was it the standard "a decision has been made you'll receive a letter within 30 days" or different?
So my status changed to "a decision has been made about your file you will receive a letter in 30 days..." type deal. Does this mean no interview for me?
So my status changed to "a decision has been made about your file you will receive a letter in 30 days..." type deal. Does this mean no interview for me?
that is the same for me..lets see what the "decision" is in the mail!
Oh, I hate you right now. AZCOM is my top choice and I'm waitlisted there post-interview. 🙁 Congrats, though!
...Wanna trade? I'll be you, you be me. It'll work out fiiiiine.
Lol, don't worry too much. The admissions lady told us that they go into their alternate list every year. Last couple of years she said they went 50-70 people deep. You still have a chance!
Hey guys,
I'm interviewing on Dec. 2nd, and was wondering how long the interview goes. I am flying in from Idaho the day before, and I'm hoping to be able to fly out after the interview is over. I can't find any info on the schedule for interview day.
On a different note, I'm excited to interview at LECOM, who else will be there on Dec. 2nd?
I'm interviewing on Dec. 2nd, and was wondering how long the interview goes. I am flying in from Idaho the day before, and I'm hoping to be able to fly out after the interview is over. I can't find any info on the schedule for interview day.
On a different note, I'm excited to interview at LECOM, who else will be there on Dec. 2nd?
Hey guys,
I'm interviewing on Dec. 2nd, and was wondering how long the interview goes. I am flying in from Idaho the day before, and I'm hoping to be able to fly out after the interview is over. I can't find any info on the schedule for interview day.
On a different note, I'm excited to interview at LECOM, who else will be there on Dec. 2nd?
Starts like... 8 AM and ends around 1 PM.
Starts like... 8 AM and ends around 1 PM.
Awesome, thanks! Are there any shuttles to/from the hotels to the campus?
Awesome, thanks! Are there any shuttles to/from the hotels to the campus?
I stayed at the Econolodge and they picked me up from the airport, took me to the hotel, took me from the hotel to the school, picked me up from the school and took me back to the airport.
Just bring some $1's to tip the drivers 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome, thanks! Are there any shuttles to/from the hotels to the campus?
Econolodge has a shuttle to/from the aiport as well as the school. The same shuttle picked up interviewees from other hotels around the same area and we all went to the school together.
Goodluck on your interview!!!
Econolodge has a shuttle to/from the aiport as well as the school. The same shuttle picked up interviewees from other hotels around the same area and we all went to the school together.
Goodluck on your interview!!!
Thanks!!
Just made my travel arrangements- I'll see some of you in December!
Well I received my rejection letter. It says they suggest a post-bacc program. Anyone know if this is standard in all their letters?
Well I received my rejection letter. It says they suggest a post-bacc program. Anyone know if this is standard in all their letters?
Did you receive that letter before or after the interview?
Hello and Congrats to all of you for getting accepted! I am a 2nd year and will be moving to Pittsburg in May to start my rotations. I own a 4 bedroom house in Erie, about 10 min from the main campus and 3 min from the PBL campus. I currently have two 1st yr ISP students (female) living here and I am looking for a 3rd female to move in this summer. The rent is $300/month and that includes everything! (room, heat, cable/internet, water, garbage) The apartments near the school go quickly and there is often a very long waitlist to get into them, plus they are pricey. If you are interested, please email me at: [email protected]
Thanks!
Thanks!
Hi everyone, I have an interview for oct. 28th, but have some scheduling issues does anyone from 11/4 or 11/11 want to trade? These are the only other days that would work for me. If so pm me.
Thanks,
Thanks,
I am accepted to LECOM ISP but will be withdrawing my seat today. It is bittersweet because this seemed to be a good option for me BUT my family takes me elsewhere. Good luck to whoever gets my spot!
Anyone that interviewed last Friday 10/14 hear back yet???
Anyone that interviewed last Friday 10/14 hear back yet???
I interviewed on 10/7 and heard back on 10/20 in the post. It will take around this much time if you are in the neighboring states of PA.
I was accepted to Erie PBL... It took a week from the date on the letter, 2 weeks from the interview...
Received my letter today...Accepted!!! Interviewed Oct. 14th so a week later. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi guys,
I just submitted my secondary last week.
If I have average stats for those that are accepted, when do you think I will get an interview invite for this school?
Is it generally a month later after submission of the secondary? Thanks.
PS. I put seton hill as my first choice for an interview. Does one interview count for all the campuses or are they all separate?
Erie and Seton Hill are linked. Bradenton has their own interviews.
Well I received my rejection letter. It says they suggest a post-bacc program. Anyone know if this is standard in all their letters?
Last I year I don't event think I received a rejection letter at all. My portal said to apply earlier. This year I did n't receive a secondary and applied day 1 -- possibly because I'm international. 3.76/25 - Honours BSC, Professional doctorate degree, practicing in healthcare for 10 years.
So does anyone have any info on the available housing (prices, distance from LECOM, ammenities, etc.)?
LECOM Status: "A descion has been made on your app, offical letter in 10 days" this is post-sec, pre-interview. Rejection right?
CGP:3.2
SGP:3.4
MCAT: 28 (12B,9PS,8VR)
DDS with Stellar Medical School grades
CGP:3.2
SGP:3.4
MCAT: 28 (12B,9PS,8VR)
DDS with Stellar Medical School grades
LECOM Status: "A descion has been made on your app, offical letter in 10 days" this is post-sec, pre-interview. Rejection right?
CGP:3.2
SGP:3.4
MCAT: 28 (12B,9PS,8VR)
DDS with Stellar Medical School grades
If this is pre-interview, then yes most likely a rejection letter.
those of you that already put ur deposit down and are accepted, r u guys waiting to hear back from other schools too? we are allowed to drop the seat if necessary, correct? its just we wont get the 1500 dollars back??? I wonder if people pay a crapload of deposits to keep their seats at multiple schools till they make a final decision....
those of you that already put ur deposit down and are accepted, r u guys waiting to hear back from other schools too? we are allowed to drop the seat if necessary, correct? its just we wont get the 1500 dollars back??? I wonder if people pay a crapload of deposits to keep their seats at multiple schools till they make a final decision....
You are correct on everything you said, even the crapload of deposits.
those of you that already put ur deposit down and are accepted, r u guys waiting to hear back from other schools too? we are allowed to drop the seat if necessary, correct? its just we wont get the 1500 dollars back??? I wonder if people pay a crapload of deposits to keep their seats at multiple schools till they make a final decision....
I withdrew my application to other DO schools as soon as I put my deposit down. No sense in blowing the money.
You are correct on everything you said, even the crapload of deposits.
r u waiting to hear back from other schools too DrWily?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
r u waiting to hear back from other schools too DrWily?
No, I got into my #2 school AZCOM. I haven't gotten an interview invite yet from Western (#1) so I'm gonna try hard to get that one. I dropped all my other interviews.
hey guys,
for those who got accepted from the 10/14 interview, do you mind me asking what your status was on portal. My admission status still says "Congratulations, you have been selected for an interview at LECOM Erie. You will be sent instructions by email for scheduling the date on our portal."
What do you think this could mean? Do you think they haven't made a decision yet? I'm started to get a little worried because I thought they made a decision that following wednesday after the interviews.
for those who got accepted from the 10/14 interview, do you mind me asking what your status was on portal. My admission status still says "Congratulations, you have been selected for an interview at LECOM Erie. You will be sent instructions by email for scheduling the date on our portal."
What do you think this could mean? Do you think they haven't made a decision yet? I'm started to get a little worried because I thought they made a decision that following wednesday after the interviews.
Whoa... If you interviewed on 10/14 (with me) and you haven't received a letter, and your portal status hasn't changed, call them ASAP... something is wrong, my status changed right away
I am thinking of going to the open house on 11/11, has anyone gone to an open house at LECOM - Erie? Was it useful? I would really like to see the campus and area and get to talk with people in/ connected to the program. Went to an open house at another school - lasted maybe 1.5 hrs and didn't even get a tour, don't want to repeat that. Won't cost me a lot to get to LECOM but lost wages for the day would be substantial.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 42K
- Replies
- 540
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 79
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 157
- Views
- 29K