LECOM Erie Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Started by ShyRem
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LECOM made a huge mixup, today i got an email from LECOM S.H, saying that they were looking forward to meeting me this tuesday 4/10 for an interview. The only problem is I never booked an interview with LECOM. I plan on calling and canceling this in the morning, hopefully someone on here can get that spot.
 
That happened to me. This late in the game, they just give you an interview date and you can always change it, but you only have one time to change it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wanna tell you I really hope you get in. You have been more than helpful on this whole thread. Im pullin' for ya 🙂
Thank you very very much. I actually got an interview at KCUMB right around the time you posted this.

I also am going to be pulling myself off the wait list so for those of you still interviewing know that there will be at least one spot open on the waitlist.
 
Hi guys,
I just spoke with admissions at Lecom-E and they said they will most likely be sending out additional interview invites for the next week or so 🙂 Best of luck to everyone :luck:
 
Hi guys,
I just spoke with admissions at Lecom-E and they said they will most likely be sending out additional interview invites for the next week or so 🙂 Best of luck to everyone :luck:

Thanks! Did they tell you when they'd be sending them out? (you said most likely, so i guess if they're sending them out at all)
 
Hello everyone ! I am interested in applying next year after I take the mcat. The people who recently got invited for an interview I was wondering when you submitted your application and what were your stats. I'm trying to judge when the latest I can take the mcat to get as much study time in as possible. Thank you!
 
To those of you who already have been admitted, congratulations! Just wondering who here is signed up to be in the DSP/ISP pathway?
 
Hello everyone ! I am interested in applying next year after I take the mcat. The people who recently got invited for an interview I was wondering when you submitted your application and what were your stats. I'm trying to judge when the latest I can take the mcat to get as much study time in as possible. Thank you!

Find a good balance between studying and getting your application in early. I took my MCAT in March, and submitted my application the first day I could. I interviewed in late July and was accepted a few weeks after that. My stats are a 3.5/ 28. Good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said last year they accepted 120 people from the wait list. Does anybody know how many people are on the wait list?
 
My husband is a first year at lecom erie and I remember how nerve racking it was to move a family to a completely new place. If any of y'all are moving with a family and have questions about housing, financial assistance, or just want someone to introduce you around, let me know. We have an amazing group of "lecom widows" here to support each other in this journey 🙂

You can email me at [email protected] or find me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=17815296&ref=tn_tnmn
 
Hello - I'm getting ready to apply in the upcoming cycle and am wondering what to do about letters. Obviously I will need a DO letter, but then it says I need a committee letter or 2 science faculty letters. Can a letter from my pre-health advisor serve as the committee letter? I have been out of school for many years and do not maintain contact with any of my professors, so this is difficult for me. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
Can a letter from my pre-health advisor serve as the committee letter? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that a letter from just your advisor would be considered as 1 letter only and could not replace a Committee Letter, because those usually incorporate multiple letters and involve many people on the committee. I would suggest try to contact whichever professors you were closest with or you did the best in their classes. Definitely get 2 letters from Science professors. Best of luck*
 
I'm pretty sure that a letter from just your advisor would be considered as 1 letter only and could not replace a Committee Letter, because those usually incorporate multiple letters and involve many people on the committee. I would suggest try to contact whichever professors you were closest with or you did the best in their classes. Definitely get 2 letters from Science professors. Best of luck*
Okay...thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
 
I interviewed on April 20th and just got my acceptance letter today! I thought for sure that I was only going to get waitlisted or rejected since it was so late in the cycle. So for those who are still waiting to interview, they are still giving out acceptances so you are not just interviewing for the waitlist at this point. Good luck to those still waiting.
 
I interviewed on April 20th and just got my acceptance letter today! I thought for sure that I was only going to get waitlisted or rejected since it was so late in the cycle. So for those who are still waiting to interview, they are still giving out acceptances so you are not just interviewing for the waitlist at this point. Good luck to those still waiting.

what were your stats?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks playaodamonth! It was a group interview. My interviewers were Dr. Carrier and Moscatello. It was super laid back and they were really nice and conversational. I'm still waiting to hear from two other schools so I'm not sure at this point.

My file wasn't complete until March actually. I took my MCAT super late and applied in February. I didn't have a DO letter until March. So for those late applicants and those still waiting to interview there definitely is hope!
 
Hey guys...Congrats for those of you who have been accepted! I am a 2nd year and will be moving to Pittsburgh in May to start my rotations. I own a 4 bedroom house in Erie, about 10 min from the main campus and 3 min from the PBL campus. I currently have two 1st yr ISP students (female) living here and I am looking for a 3rd female to move in this summer/fall. The rent is $300/month and that includes utilities. Includes washer/dryer also. May allow small dog, but no cats. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]
Thanks!
 
Interviewed on 4/27, this afternoon (5/2) my portal changed to a "decision has been made". Looks like most people got their letters only a few days after decision day. I'm hoping for a beer weekend, but have some whiskey handy just in case. Or... water if it's a seat on the waiting list. I'm willing to wager some sadist was in charge of designing the system so that there's a lag time between "decision made" and "what decision that was". I know, I know, everyone has to deal with the pain. It made me nervous for such a quick decision because I'm still waiting to hear back from Bradenton almost a month after that interview.

I loved the school. I'm also considering the post-bacc program, is it too late to get into it for fall of 2012 at this point? To those of you who did it (if you're lurking), was it worthwhile?
 
Interviewed on 4/27, this afternoon (5/2) my portal changed to a "decision has been made". Looks like most people got their letters only a few days after decision day. I'm hoping for a beer weekend, but have some whiskey handy just in case. Or... water if it's a seat on the waiting list. I'm willing to wager some sadist was in charge of designing the system so that there's a lag time between "decision made" and "what decision that was". I know, I know, everyone has to deal with the pain. It made me nervous for such a quick decision because I'm still waiting to hear back from Bradenton almost a month after that interview.

I loved the school. I'm also considering the post-bacc program, is it too late to get into it for fall of 2012 at this point? To those of you who did it (if you're lurking), was it worthwhile?

If you don't happen to get into either med program, it's definitely not too late to apply post-bac. It takes 2 seconds. I applied last year in May and was accepted in June. Ended up going to a different program so I can't handle the worthwhile part, but just thought I'd shed some light because I am one of those lurkers 🙂 It's nice that you're preparing for the worst but you probably won't have to do that anyways. Good luck! 👍
 
Does anyone know if LECOM is still accepting people or if they are just interviewing for the wait list? I am interviewing on the 11th and am curious to know what the chances of still getting in for fall 2012 are.
 
Does anyone know if LECOM is still accepting people or if they are just interviewing for the wait list? I am interviewing on the 11th and am curious to know what the chances of still getting in for fall 2012 are.

its kind of unclear, but i think there are still some seats they are filling. but do understand that they do pull from the waitlist HEAVILY.
 
Interviewed back in February and was waitlisted.

Does anyone know when the waitlist is expected to move or how many might be pulled from the waitlist?
 
Interviewed back in February and was waitlisted.

Does anyone know when the waitlist is expected to move or how many might be pulled from the waitlist?

When I called admissions they said it should start moving around mid May through June.
 
Got my waiting list letter yesterday, interviewed 4/27. I'm still happy they at least made a sort-of decision in that relatively short amount of time.
 
i want to send LECOM a letter of recommendation. However, my professor wants to email rather than send it by mail. does anyone know to what email address he can email it too?
 
i want to send LECOM a letter of recommendation. However, my professor wants to email rather than send it by mail. does anyone know to what email address he can email it too?

why dont you utilize interfolio? Your professor can make an account and send it to yours. i think that is how it works.
 
I applied just before the deadline. Interviewed on May 4th. And received my acceptance today.

I'm probably going to decline my offer to attend as I just sat the MCAT in January and want to give myself a full shot at the cycle (MD & DO) in addition to international medical schools.

Nothing against LECOM Erie, it looked like a great school and a great program. I'll likely be applying again for next year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied just before the deadline. Interviewed on May 4th. And received my acceptance today.

I'm probably going to decline my offer to attend as I just sat the MCAT in January and want to give myself a full shot at the cycle (MD & DO) in addition to international medical schools.

Nothing against LECOM Erie, it looked like a great school and a great program. I'll likely be applying again for next year.

You are kidding right? You have an acceptance, start school as soon as you can. Why retake the MCAT and spend a bunch of money on reapplying when you can start school in a few months. Its another year of stressing out and wondering if you will get acceptance. Nothing is guaranteed that you will be accepted next year.
 
You are kidding right? You have an acceptance, start school as soon as you can. Why retake the MCAT and spend a bunch of money on reapplying when you can start school in a few months. Its another year of stressing out and wondering if you will get acceptance. Nothing is guaranteed that you will be accepted next year.

I agree. I am wait listed at NYCOM and LECOM and I would go to either at this point, immediately. I've considered taking another year off, but if you've gotten an acceptance at LECOM not only are you saving around $100,000 on tuition and cost of living, but you're saving the $30,000 you'd spend on another year out of medical school. What's the point?
 
Long time reader, first time poster

I'm in an interesting position. I got waitlisted at Seton Hill about a week after my interview in April. I've gotten two emails saying im high up on the waitlist and "there is a high chance I will be notified for acceptance before july 1st" and they sent me all of the seton hill matriculation paperwork to complete. Im really pumped for this! However, I decided that although I love PBL I really want to go to the erie campus (any pathway really). It really about being in the larger campus, and I want to have access to the cadavers too. Do you think they will let me switch this late in the game? I sent them an email, they haven't gotten back to me yet.
 
Long time reader, first time poster

I'm in an interesting position. I got waitlisted at Seton Hill about a week after my interview in April. I've gotten two emails saying im high up on the waitlist and "there is a high chance I will be notified for acceptance before july 1st" and they sent me all of the seton hill matriculation paperwork to complete. Im really pumped for this! However, I decided that although I love PBL I really want to go to the erie campus (any pathway really). It really about being in the larger campus, and I want to have access to the cadavers too. Do you think they will let me switch this late in the game? I sent them an email, they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I am in a similar situation. Accepted to Bradenton for PBL but would prefer to go to Erie for LDP.

I am going to call them soon about it. Let me know what they say.