LECOM Erie Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my letter today and I am on the wait list. Really hoping I get into LECOM, I enjoyed the campus visit a lot. I think I remember at the interview that they said they went through their entire wait list last year. That plus the fact that they have a large class size has me optimistic! Fingers crossed ^_^

Received my letter today and I am on the wait list. Really hoping I get into LECOM, I enjoyed the campus visit a lot. I think I remember at the interview that they said they went through their entire wait list last year. That plus the fact that they have a large class size has me optimistic! Fingers crossed ^_^

When did you interview? Would you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was mail sent to your school address or home (permanent) address?

Acceptance! Interviewed 2/3, letter today, 2/10. Accepted at Seton Hill PBL, but first choice was Erie LDP. Grateful for acceptance, but wondering if I could be placed on waitlist for Erie. Anyone know?

To any 2-4th year students lurking around :

Do you have any suggestions for housing? safe places, nice places, convenient places? is it better to live alone/with a roommate? And also when you were 1st years did you live alone or did you guys get roommates, if so, how?

Can you please PM me with some info?
Thanks so much,

I keep asking LECOM for help but they all just point me to rental guides and such which isn't real useful for me since I don't know any of the areas.

To any 2-4th year students lurking around :

Do you have any suggestions for housing? safe places, nice places, convenient places? is it better to live alone/with a roommate? And also when you were 1st years did you live alone or did you guys get roommates, if so, how?

Can you please PM me with some info?
Thanks so much,

I keep asking LECOM for help but they all just point me to rental guides and such which isn't real useful for me since I don't know any of the areas.

Directly across the street from school
http://www.pastorebuilders.com/rentals/laurelridge.html

Close to school (within 5 minutes)
http://www.malenodevelopment.com/apartments/scenery-hills.html

http://www.malenodevelopment.com/apartments/the-village.html

http://www.malenodevelopment.com/apartments/lakeview.html

http://www.kolbrealtyerie.com/

http://www.pastorebuilders.com/rentals/willowwood.html

All are in safe areas and very close to the school.

It's probably better to live with a roommate to save money.
Despite this I lived alone, and I'm very happy with my decision.

Interviewed 2/3, Wait listed. Anyone know if they tell you if youre on the top middle or bottom 1/3?

Interviewed 2/3, Wait listed. Anyone know if they tell you if youre on the top middle or bottom 1/3?

I interviewed on 1/20 and also got waitlisted. Word on the admissions street is that they do not rank the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am interviewing this Friday... I see you guys ^ were waitlisted. Is the class at Erie full?

I am accepted at Bradenton already but am considering transferring over to Erie if I am accepted there.

Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!

Congratulations to everyone who has already been accepted, I've heard nothing but good things about LECOM. I have my interview coming up this Friday (2/17/2012) and was hoping to get some feedback or advice about it. I sent out my application quite late (late January) but I received an interview from LECOM the same day that I submitted my secondary which made me a bit more optimistic.

My stats are: MCAT 30R (10-P 9-V 11-BS) and my GPA is a 3.72 overall and about a 3.68 for science.

I do research, have participated in a bit of volunteering and also led a mission trip through my school.

Is there anything I should focus on or stress during my interview? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated

Congratulations to everyone who has already been accepted, I've heard nothing but good things about LECOM. I have my interview coming up this Friday (2/17/2012) and was hoping to get some feedback or advice about it. I sent out my application quite late (late January) but I received an interview from LECOM the same day that I submitted my secondary which made me a bit more optimistic.

My stats are: MCAT 30R (10-P 9-V 11-BS) and my GPA is a 3.72 overall and about a 3.68 for science.

I do research, have participated in a bit of volunteering and also led a mission trip through my school.

Is there anything I should focus on or stress during my interview? Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated
No, just be yourself. With your GPA and MCAT you just need to show you can talk normally and you should get in or be at the top of the wait list.

Just wondering, why did you apply so late? plus with your scores im shocked you didnt just wait til june and submit early

My first choice was Erie LDP, I was accepted via snail mail for SH PBL, but my LECOM portal has me as LECOM Erie LDP. Does anyone know if the portal trumps the letter? Or is the portal only reflecting what I indicated as my first choice? I emailed the office, but no response yet. Thanks much for any info.

No, just be yourself. With your GPA and MCAT you just need to show you can talk normally and you should get in or be at the top of the wait list.

Just wondering, why did you apply so late? plus with your scores im shocked you didnt just wait til june and submit early
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to arrive early tomorrow and do my best to go over the usual interview questions in my hotel (if anyone knows any of the usual questions they ask during their interviews, it would be a huge help to know these as well)

But to answer your question about my application and why it was so late: I interned at a D.O. hospital in a cardiac catheterization laboratory for an entire summer so I was heavily exposed to the osteopathic practice of medicine. However, my adviser at my university heavily encouraged me to send applications to allopathic schools because he felt it would be the best path with the most opportunities. I soon learned that he encouraged me to do this because his sons had gone this route and he was extremely biased towards it. While he was an extremely kind and helpful adviser, his focus is in environmental biology and was not extremely well-versed in medical pathways. To cut to the chase, I interviewed at a few M.D. schools and was extremely unimpressed -- they were not interested in who I was as a person or what sort of intangibles I could bring to the table as a physician, but simply focused on my statistics and my extracurricular activities. I spoke to an actual pre-med adviser, she heavily suggested that I apply D.O. and I immediately took this advice (although quite late in the application process)

Here is a spread sheet that compares match lists, GPA/MCAT scores of matriculates, COMLEX scores, and other types of data. It includes:

-2011-2008 Match lists for many osteopathic schools
- comparison of match results between schools
-GPA/MCAT scores, a profiles of average matriculating students compared between all Osteopathic schools,
-COMLEX scores for some schools
- You'll also find comparison of tuition / graduate indebtedness between schools

https://sites.google.com/site/osteopathicreference/home

(I can't host the spread sheet on the forums because of size limits)

I apologize in advance that I will be mass posting this through out the forums this afternoon but many people have been looking for this data and I want the to be able to find it!
LECOM Erie and Bradenton's average MCAT score of their incoming class is 27-28, and their average GPA is 3.4-5, if you would like to update your spreadsheet. PM me if you would like to know the source.

Hey Everyone,

Anybody interviewing at LECOM on March 23. Its getting late in the process but I'm thankful to god for the two interviews I got. Anyway was just wondering. I'm very curious to see what Erie is like because all I know is its cold as hell. Also, if you are interviewing then, do you know how one would go about updating their transcripts to include this past years fall grades?

Anyone else who is staying at the Days Inn for an interview tomorrow, send me a PM.

sooooo it's been going on 3 months for me and i'm still under review. is anyone else in this boat? :( i'm afraid they forgot about me!

sooooo it's been going on 3 months for me and i'm still under review. is anyone else in this boat? :( i'm afraid they forgot about me!
It took a very long time for my interview notification, they still have interviews until april so....

It took a very long time for my interview notification, they still have interviews until april so....

ok good to know i'm not alone! how long did it take for yours, if you don't mind me asking?

ok good to know i'm not alone! how long did it take for yours, if you don't mind me asking?

I applied in October and they didn't send me an interview invite until late January. I was in Limbo until then and figured I wasn't going to get one until one day they emailed me. They gave options for which interview date I would like on the website. They basically interview every Friday or at least every other. I think, although I may be mistaken, that they interview about 1000 applicants. Which seems like a ton but they are group interviews of roughly 8 so....

Maaaan...what I'd give to get some movement on the waitlist...this is killing me!

I got accepted at SH PBL. I'd really like to know what it's like to live on the Seton Hill Campus. Most importantly, will I need a car? Also, is there an academic calendar available for the class of 2016? If not, when do classes normally begin? Is there an orientation period beforehand? When would that be? Regarding textbooks, is it possible to buy them more cheaply either online or from other students? Or is the estimate given in the financial aid information on cost of text books pretty accurate? Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone interviewing on Monday the 20th? ... Also im thinking of checking out Siesta Key tonight? Any current LECOM students taking a break from studying PM me, i'd love to get some insider info on the school.

To those who have already heard back - how long did it take for you to get the letter in the mail?

They said they are meeting on Wednesday, so I am hoping to hear back the following week sometime...

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they're doing group or one-on-one interviews this year at Erie?

To those who have already heard back - how long did it take for you to get the letter in the mail?

They said they are meeting on Wednesday, so I am hoping to hear back the following week sometime...
I interviewed on 2/3 and received my letter on 2/10. One week.

Does anyone know if it is easier to switch from LDP to PBL at Erie or from PBL to LDP? Which has shorter waitlists? Thanks

Does anyone know if it is easier to switch from LDP to PBL at Erie or from PBL to LDP? Which has shorter waitlists? Thanks

I just had my interview today, and most of the med students I spoke with said that it's much easier to move out of PBL than LDP. As for the wait lists, if you are referring to separate lists for each pathway, I got the feeling that they admit students regardless of pathway choice, then assign them one based on what still has seats left. I don't know for sure though, might want to call the admissions office.

Waitlisted today. It seems like the waitlist at every school is basically the kiss of death, but I will confirm my spot anyways...

According to the letter I received, the class is full at this point.

Congrats to everyone accepted! For those who are going to be attending LECOM next year, I wanted to extend an offer for housing. It is a 4 bedroom house very close to the school with cheap rent/utilities and a washer/dryer in the basement. One of our roommates is moving out and we need to fill his room before july. If living with 3 2nd year males (2 LDP and 1 PBL) sounds like something you would be interested in, please message me. Also, I don't know how much it will matter, but you will have 3 people who recently transitioned into medical school and access to our books and everything.

I've been under review since September..every time I call I get the same response: "Were going to keep looking over your file throughout the cycle." Frustrating to say the least.

Interviewed Feb. 23th. Received a letter today March 5th that I am wait-listed. According to the letter the class size is full. So frustrated I thought I was going to be accepted. my gpa 3.9. mcat 25 and I have clinical research experience, leadership role, tutoring, shadowing.

Just received an e-mail from LECOM stating that I am likely to be an applicant although I am currently on the wait list. I was wondering if anyone else has received this e-mail or has any more insight/experience with what it might mean aside from the obvious. I am very excited, I would definitely like to attend LECOM if I am accepted.

Just received an e-mail from LECOM stating that I am likely to be an applicant although I am currently on the wait list. I was wondering if anyone else has received this e-mail or has any more insight/experience with what it might mean aside from the obvious. I am very excited, I would definitely like to attend LECOM if I am accepted.

I received this email as well.

Does anyone know if their class is full or if they are still interviewing? I just received my secondary today....had a really late MCAT (1/27). Also, at this point will selecting one campus over the other give me any advantage (SH vs Erie)? As in, which accepts more students or has more open spots, etc.

Thanks for the info.

I believe that they are still interviewing. However, I did get a letter in the mail putting me on the wait list. Their explain was that the class size is full.

Does anyone know if their class is full or if they are still interviewing? I just received my secondary today....had a really late MCAT (1/27). Also, at this point will selecting one campus over the other give me any advantage (SH vs Erie)? As in, which accepts more students or has more open spots, etc.

Thanks for the info.

I just received a letter stating that the approved class size for 2012 has been achieved. At the time of my interview (2/23) they said PBL at Erie was nearly filled and that SH may be the better choice if that's what you're interested in.

I've been under review since September..every time I call I get the same response: "Were going to keep looking over your file throughout the cycle." Frustrating to say the least.

SAME. Only complete since Novemeber but I completely understand your frustration :(

Hi everyone, I submitted my secondary to LECOM this past Thursday (3/1), received notification of being processed yesterday afternoon (3/6), and this morning (3/7) received an invitation to interview on April 12th at the Erie campus.

Very excited to have the opportunity to visit the school and learn more about the multiple programs it has to offer in the coming weeks. :)

NMonte82 good luck on your interview. I was wait-listed but the interview is really simple. Because it is a group interview, it feels so much more laid back. Good luck and hopefully I will be seeing all of you in the summer

Does anyone know if LECOM has more than one wait list? On my portal it states that I have been placed on "LECOM Erie's Alternate List." Does it say that for everyone or does it seem like there is more than one list?

Does anyone know if LECOM has more than one wait list? On my portal it states that I have been placed on "LECOM Erie's Alternate List." Does it say that for everyone or does it seem like there is more than one list?

I am curious as well..

wait list = alternate list??