LECOM - Seton Hill Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did they accept your first score or they interviewed you with the hope that you will score better on the January exam???
More insight please. Thank you.:)

I was told that they accept your best score, not most recent. I actually didn't do any better the second time around so the score it's self didn't change much as far as admissions. The fact that I took it again showed how bad I wanted to get in. I got in late off the wait-list.

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that they accept your best score, not most recent. I actually didn't do any better the second time around so the score it's self didn't change much as far as admissions. The fact that I took it again showed how bad I wanted to get in. I got in late off the wait-list.

I am facing a dilemma and your input would greatly help. I want to re-take my MCAT in January but I am wondering whether I should put that down on AACOMAS. I fear that if I let them know, most the schools would just put me on hold till they receive my new scores. I am also worried that I might just get rejected if I do not tell them that I don't plan on re-taking.

so my question is, did you let them know that you were planning on retaking your MCAT? if yes, Did they interview you before you reported your new scores or put you on hold till they got your Jan scores.

I am facing a dilemma and your input would greatly help. I want to re-take my MCAT in January but I am wondering whether I should put that down on AACOMAS. I fear that if I let them know, most the schools would just put me on hold till they receive my new scores. I am also worried that I might just get rejected if I do not tell them that I don't plan on re-taking.

so my question is, did you let them know that you were planning on retaking your MCAT? if yes, Did they interview you before you reported your new scores or put you on hold till they got your Jan scores.

I didn't try to hide the fact that the MCAT was the greatest detriment to my application but stated mostly other positive facts about how great I was. I aknowleged my weakness but didn't cry about it. I did not specifically say I was going to retake the MCAT. I received a few interviews and discused the MCAT issue with the faculty when I was there. I was placed on 2 waitlists, rejected frm another and then accepted to both schools after I reported my 2nd MCAT score(which was not better than my first score).
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for your response!

I think I am not going to say anything about planned MCAT on AACOMAS. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for some secondaries and even an interview or two with this crapy score. I will report my scores when I get them in Feb.

I didn't try to hide the fact that the MCAT was the greatest detriment to my application but stated mostly other positive facts about how great I was. I aknowleged my weakness but didn't cry about it. I did not specifically say I was going to retake the MCAT. I received a few interviews and discused the MCAT issue with the faculty when I was there. I was placed on 2 waitlists, rejected frm another and then accepted to both schools after I reported my 2nd MCAT score(which was not better than my first score).
good luck

Do you mind if I asked what you got on the first score?

Status
Not open for further replies.