LIS vs SOV - Revenge of the grumpy old men WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When grumpy old men get together, there are inevitably disagreements, and that is why a civilized society has rules for deciding matters when they are deadlocked. Of course, things get a little more dicey when the apparatus for tie-breaking is cruelly sacrificed for personal benefit (see DVMD's death). There must ultimately be a decision, and oftentimes fate (read: Mod) is forced to intervene to move things forward. On the one hand, you had LIS claiming to be SOV, who IRL has been espousing just how angelic he truly is, and on the other hand, you have Rogert, who oh so very subtly (so subtly the mods even missed it) came out as grumpy cat. Of course it comes down to a knockdown fight amongst old men... we have all seen this before, but with an SOV and an LIS involved, it bears bringing back (again... and again)...

7a7605667b5ad0c529a1f95a121ba309.gif

So who won this fight? Of course nobody. How can any old guy win a fight when breathing is trouble enough.
But what about the identity of the players. First off, can a cat be a human old guy? Well, when it comes to Lupin and SOV, of course it can. We had a lamb villager, a muppet a villager, why not a cat. And in any game about grumpiness is there any way to avoid including the grumpiest cat in history? Your answer:

Grumpy-Cat-Meme-16.jpg

So it is you have lynched Rogert, grumpy cat, a villager.

Now on to LIS. LIS was indeed SOV. It is time to be real here. Is SOV grumpy? Well now, isn't that a silly question. Of course SOV is grumpy. Was it LIS/SOV who threw DVMD/LIS under the bus to save his own life

underthebus.jpg

That's right. SOV will throw anyone under the bus anytime if it advances his cause (be sure to ask @MrsSOV for confirmation). So SOV is a villager right? Cause this is an SOV/Lupin joint? Um, don't forget about reality. This games are nothing if not realistic. And historically, who is converted way too many times to actually be chance? Who is most likely to be a wolf if still alive past the midpoint? Of course SOV. So it was that whomever STL chose to be his first convert (or his autoconvert on death) would not matter, as it would always be LIS/SOV who was converted instead. Although STL tried to convert WZ, it was LIS who was listening to the secret of happiness and was converted. And what poetic justice that LIS got the role that would definitely convert if he survived. Ah, it is cruel to play in one of SOV's games.....

That's right folks, LIS/SOV got changed into THIS guy.....

giphy.gif

Definitely not grumpy, a little creepy, but let's face it, none of you would be surprised if this is what SOV REALLY looks like.

You have lynched Rogert, grumpy cat, villager and you have lynched LIS, SOV turned happy, wolf.

and the game goes on. It is worth nothing that with Rogert's death, the scourge of Syphilis has been wiped out, but so has the telescope.

Your 6 remaining players

3- @Mad Jack
4- @Rogert, grumpy cat
6- @dyachei

11 @LetItSnow
,SOV ==> happy guy, wolf
14- @swiniazycie
15. @allieh8607
17. @Lissarae06
19 @Cyndia

12- hedgiehog, guy throwing the first punch
18 Flim Flam Man, Carl Fredrickson
5- touchpause13, Scrooge
16. Zensing, guy throwing the second punch
10 - WhtsThFrequency Red Forman
7- DVMDream LIS
2- SummerTheLynx Old guy from Six Flags Commercial
8- Frozenshades Bill Belichick
1- WildZoo Dr. House
13 - Gwenevre Lamb with a Grumpy Old Man Face
9-brightimpressio Jack Lemmon

It is Night 7. if you haven't already, get your PMs in.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It was a little bit of a strange night last night. Most of the old guys just seem to be counting the days until their expiration date, but not everyone. A wolfish kill occurred as usual from a non-grumpy type. Killed dead was Cyndia, Tommy Lee Jones, villager. Oddly after Cyndia was already dead, someone came along and re-killed Cyndia with a cane. I guess senility has set it or someone just didn't like Cyndia very much.

<insert your own beating a dead horse image/joke here. I posted one but SDN was unhappy with it>

Your Fabulous 5 remaining players

3- @Mad Jack
6- @dyachei
14- @swiniazycie
15. @allieh8607
17. @Lissarae06

19 @Cyndia , Tommy Lee Jones, villager

12- hedgiehog, guy throwing the first punch
18 Flim Flam Man, Carl Fredrickson
5- touchpause13, Scrooge
16. Zensing, guy throwing the second punch
10 - WhtsThFrequency Red Forman
7- DVMDream LIS
2- SummerTheLynx, Old guy from Six Flags Commercial
8- Frozenshades Bill Belichick
1- WildZoo Dr. House
13 - Gwenevre Lamb with a Grumpy Old Man Face
9-brightimpressio Jack Lemmon
4-Rogert, grumpy cat
11 LetItSnow ,SOV ==> happy guy, wolf

It is Day 8. 11pm deadline for you late night partiers .

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I don't know if anyone has the copy of the wolf brag where LIS talks about how to be an alpha wolf to rojo, but in it he's like "and whatever you do, don't kill MJ. He'll do something crazy that'll screw everything up for the villagers" or something along those lines. Whenever it's getting to late game and LIS isn't prodding me at all, I think of that brag, and start to get suspicious.

Sorry, I didn't have internet once I got home last night.

Does anyone have a list of the roles/abilities that everyone left has claimed?

I'm going to go with lynch Allie but am in no way set in that vote.

I don't feel like part of the fabulous five.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, with that vote mine just became meaningless. If I vote for Allie, she voted for Lissa for survival, while if I vote for Lissa Lissa still dies. I've got no info, so I'm just going to lynch dyachei to make things interesting. I don't like quick votes that lead to bandwagons after writeups in the late game from players that claim to know nothing, but that's just me.

Man you guys are going to lynch a girl on her birthday? Thats cold.

Anyways, still Clint Eastwood. I have old man health insurance so I don't think lynching me will work anyways.

Was someone specifically handing out the health insurance? I know a lot of items have died with players. I was going to vote for Lissa but don't really want to if it's going to be a waste. I think I could also vote for dy. Sorry I didn't "wrap this up" sooner... I didn't get the tag

Day eight lynching

Lissa (2) swin, allie
Allie (2) Lissa, dy
Dyachei (1) MJ

5/5 : With all precincts performing, it's a tie! You have until 11pm to resolve it yourselves.
Results might have to wait until tomorrow, and I have a busy day.

For your entertainment
old-man-cigarette-trick-gif-536325.gif

Unlynch lissa

I'm still a villager you guys. I'm going to go back and read the thread and see who seems more wolfy to me because either way it will most likely end up in a tie

Well, let's see. I've had exactly no seer items. I had the dentures one night, but it was the same night I had the syphilis and couldn't use items. I had the cane once. I sent lissa the dr's appointment. I have nothing to base this on except feels. No solid info, no communicating with anyone.

You and swinia haven't role revealed, at least I didn't see anything from the quick re-read and while I realize it would be easy for you two to make up roles now I think it would be beneficial to have everything laid out to help figure this out. If you're not a wolf you shouldn't have anything to hide...

Swinia actually gave me the most feels just due to dodging questions asked of her. I had forgotten than zen saw lissa with a rectangular object and everyone just kind of dropped that when Lissa brought up it would be stupid of her to contradict it. But if she was wolf and that info came out I think it would be dumb NOT to refute that. So I kind of want to lynch lissa but if she does have the Medicare then no doubt in a tie I will be the one killed and I obviously don't want that. Ugh idk who to vote for

You and swinia haven't role revealed, at least I didn't see anything from the quick re-read and while I realize it would be easy for you two to make up roles now I think it would be beneficial to have everything laid out to help figure this out. If you're not a wolf you shouldn't have anything to hide...

Swinia actually gave me the most feels just due to dodging questions asked of her. I had forgotten than zen saw lissa with a rectangular object and everyone just kind of dropped that when Lissa brought up it would be stupid of her to contradict it. But if she was wolf and that info came out I think it would be dumb NOT to refute that. So I kind of want to lynch lissa but if she does have the Medicare then no doubt in a tie I will be the one killed and I obviously don't want that. Ugh idk who to vote for
i could also go for swinia.

But I did role reveal. I'm oscar the grouch

I'm Walter Mathau from grumpy old men. I'm also at a bar so I can't do much as a defense lol. I'm grumpy and I'm a villager.

would we really have 2 from grumpy old men? Didn't we have another?
Both BI and I are from grumpy old men

Sorry I do remember reading that you are Oscar the grouch now that you mention it

so then 3 from 1 movie?
If swinia is telling the truth then yes. Mine didn't explicitly say Grumpy Old Men, but it was included in a list: "you are Burgess Meredith, from Rocky, Grumpy Old Men, etc"

Meh I think it's enough of a stretch for me to vote for her

Lynch swine

**unlynch lissa Lynch dy**

Villagers are gonna lose if I die

Ok well I went back through and am convinced it's probably not Lissa.

Villagers are gonna lose if I die
Villagers lose a number if I die, too....

I don't think it is MJ. I think he is just obstinate.

That leaves swine and allie.

Swine has followed my vote almost every time. So I'm leaning more towards her. Plus I don't buy 3 grumpy old men from the same movie.

Agreed that a tie is really not ideal in this situation which is why I'm curious about MJ's reasoning other than "to make things interesting"...this is potentially end game decision making so we really need to get it right

Whats the tally? Tie between swine and dy?

Agreed that a tie is really not ideal in this situation which is why I'm curious about MJ's reasoning other than "to make things interesting"...this is potentially end game decision making so we really need to get it right
I already stated where my feels come from. If we have two of the main characters from grumpy old men, the third isn't farfetched. Dy said she knew nothing but jumped to voting for Lissa six minutes after results without waiting for any other information. It just looks like lazy endgame wolfing to me. I also had some feels from earlier.

I already stated where my feels come from. If we have two of the main characters from grumpy old men, the third isn't farfetched. Dy said she knew nothing but jumped to voting for Lissa six minutes after results without waiting for any other information. It just looks like lazy endgame wolfing to me. I also had some feels from earlier.
are you kidding? You think I would endgame as a wolf like that? I already told you. I had a full day at work and wanted to get some participation in. Sometimes, I wish you'd stop being so damn stubborn and think

are you kidding? You think I would endgame as a wolf like that? I already told you. I had a full day at work and wanted to get some participation in. Sometimes, I wish you'd stop being so damn stubborn and think
Well, it's not like my opinion matters at this point. All I really get is that either the villagers win at this juncture for picking swin or an "I told you so" if we lose and you're a wolf. That really makes it a win-lesser win for me ;)

Well, it's not like my opinion matters at this point. All I really get is that either the villagers win at this juncture for picking swin or an "I told you so" if we lose and you're a wolf. That really makes it a win-lesser win for me ;)
Or you're just completely wrong