LMU-DCOM Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what's amazing he used to prepare students for USMLE-1, his profile on the dcom website says he still teaches for kaplan. I wonder if he will hook us up with a personal usmle course at DCOM campus?

That would be awesome!!! Even more awesome if I (a waitlistee!) was able to join that usmle course!!!:luck::luck::luck: I do research for a former student of Dr. Leo and he speks very highly of him, and says he was an awesome professor.

If any of you are interested in the topic of depression, I accidentally came across this article while I was doing some research. It is work of Dr. Leo!:thumbup::

http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020392

I read it and thought it was very interesting (said the psych major!!), so I wanted to share. Its titled Seratonin and Depression: A Disconnect between the Advertisements and the Scientific Literature. Considering many DCOMers will go into primary care, we are bound to see cases of depression, and this brings up a very relevant point! Anyways, the article is great, especially for those of us who will become D.O.'s:D... Go Dr. Leo!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got two FREE roosters today!!!! LOL! WOOT!!! They are about three months old and very calm, so they will make good pets. I need some names for them. The woman has more if anyone wants a rooster. She is going to hook me up with some goats and hens in the future too. Very cool! :banana: :banana: :banana: Anyone who has kids has to come out and visit us. I will have a petting zoo going soon. Just PM me and I will give you my address and you can come on out. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just make me laugh. You have acclimated to TN very quickly. Shall we recap:

- Dogs
- Cat
- Horses
- Pete the Pony (Leader of the DCOM Underground Network)
- Your piano is on the front porch
- Roosters
- Soon to add goats (I hope fainting ones :smuggrin:)
- Cows???
- Pickup truck???
- I can bring cicadas, and plenty of them :smuggrin:

Your husband is a very patient man. Mad props to him. Your kids just have to be going crazy and have no idea of which animal to play with first. We just might have to get you your own show on Animal Planet or something. I look forward to seeing your zoo soon. I'll make sure to wear my overalls :laugh:

Wow! Lots of activity lately. Thanks for posting the links everyone. I'm gonna go check them out soon, and I'm sure that's when it's gonna "be real" to me.

I'm very happy they've already posted the schedule...as I was just wondering when/if we would get a detailed outline of this fall's schedule in the recent weeks!

All goes well, I officially become a resident of TN on July 12th! I can't wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
That would be awesome!!! Even more awesome if I (a waitlistee!) was able to join that usmle course!!!:luck::luck::luck: I do research for a former student of Dr. Leo and he speks very highly of him, and says he was an awesome professor.

If any of you are interested in the topic of depression, I accidentally came across this article while I was doing some research. It is work of Dr. Leo!:thumbup::

http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020392

I read it and thought it was very interesting (said the psych major!!), so I wanted to share. Its titled Seratonin and Depression: A Disconnect between the Advertisements and the Scientific Literature. Considering many DCOMers will go into primary care, we are bound to see cases of depression, and this brings up a very relevant point! Anyways, the article is great, especially for those of us who will become D.O.'s:D... Go Dr. Leo!!!

that's pretty impressive:thumbup:..so how you been jenn?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You just make me laugh. You have acclimated to TN very quickly. Shall we recap:

- Dogs
- Cat
- Horses
- Pete the Pony (Leader of the DCOM Underground Network)
- Your piano is on the front porch
- Roosters
- Soon to add goats (I hope fainting ones :smuggrin:)
- Cows???
- Pickup truck???
- I can bring cicadas, and plenty of them :smuggrin:

Your husband is a very patient man. Mad props to him. Your kids just have to be going crazy and have no idea of which animal to play with first. We just might have to get you your own show on Animal Planet or something. I look forward to seeing your zoo soon. I'll make sure to wear my overalls

I LOVE Tennessee. I am right at home and where I belong. :biglove:

Well, first of all, there are pics on Facebook. I think most are you are on my account there. I don't actually know the link if you aren't, so ask someone else if you need the link. LOL!

No cows yet, my son keeps asking though. I want a jersey heifer calf if you know of anyone who has one. :rolleyes:Working on the truck. Found the perfect one, just need the money. Piano is actually on the back-porch, soon to be inside though. Goats are pygmy, not fainting. :laugh: My husband is going nuts. He doesn't want all these animals, but I usually get my way and I am the one taking care of them anyway. Besides, how could you possibly pass up FREE ROOSTERS!!! :lol: I certainly hope they don't get mean when they get older. I had a rooster when I was younger that would come up and sit on my lap and eat out of my hand. He was sweet. Although, I will warn you, if you feed a rooster like that, wear gloves...it hurts. :smuggrin:

I will pass on the cicadas. I have a large population of tree frogs and salamanders here who might like to eat them though.

Good!!! What about you? I have been very busy, but thats normal for premeds I think!!! I have been preparing for (GULP!) reapplying next year. I have a plan B, but I hope I dont have to use it. I am ready to go now!Im Studying to retake the MCAT, applying to SMPs, perfecting my new AACOMAS, found a new D.O. to shadow that uses alot of OMT...and looking to start a pre-D.O. info group at my former CC (btw...any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated!!! ) :love:I LOVE talking about osteopathic medicine...where I am in CA, not too many people know about it. I get so excited when people ask me about what I want to do. I go on forever...lol. Im sure we all do! Anyways...other than that, Im just working!

I am really bored at home, i been trying to shop for my apt in TN. By the way, good luck studying..your plans sound pretty good. Just do a lot of practise tests, if there's anything i could change about my mcat preparation it would be to focus more on practising questions from old tests. One of my buddies was waitlisted at LECOM and he i believe finished his application to reapply and then he got a call yesterday from lecom telling him that he was accepted. The waitlist process is a crap shoot, you never know when you might get the call...hang in there jenn!

I worked on a chicken farm for two summers.

I hate roosters. They tend to become mean-spirited as they get older.

Yea, this is pretty true. We've had two roosters (one just recenty died from some strange sickness) but they are not pleasant. The new one has taken to attacking my mother for no reason when she comes in to change the water or check for eggs. It pecked her ankles so bad she basically had a solid bruise all the way around and her ankle was swollen. I just suggest that you have a pen for them and don't let you're kids around the roosters. They can be alright but all you need is for them to go crazy one time. They've got some nasty claws on them. :eek:

Oh, and does anyone in the area know what the mobile home parks are like down there? Or even if it's not a park area but just random places spread all around. I figured if I can't buy an actual house why not pay cash for a mobile home and just be done with it?

Yeah, quite a few. Alot of them have nice property as well !!

Pick up realestate guide form any agent when you get in town.

Propably 50+ under 70k, that's with property.

I just got two FREE roosters today!!!! LOL! WOOT!!! :biglove: :clap: They are about three months old and very calm, so they will make good pets. I need some names for them. The woman has more if anyone wants a rooster. She is going to hook me up with some goats and hens in the future too. Very cool! :banana: :banana: :banana: Anyone who has kids has to come out and visit us. I will have a petting zoo going soon. Just PM me and I will give you my address and you can come on out. :D

We had chickens when I was growing up. Hummm...2 roosters, it won't be long before your down to one. :oops: Roosters will kill each other. :eek:

All this in one day...wow. I guess I should check this out several times during the day to keep up. The petting zoo sounds great...not sure about the roosters though, never been around them. But my daughter has been begging for a horse for years. I told her after med school, but I will definitely bring her out to visit your animals. I've done no shopping for school stuff, just going to wait till I get there for it I think and to this day we have packed 4 boxes...AHHHHH. We're moving there on July 8th if everything works out so we'll have to get some numbers and try to having everyone we can over once we get settled in the house, which will probably take right up until school starts. As far as real estate, I haven't looked in awhile, but we used Nancy Maiden and she was very helpful to us. That's all for now.

Spineman: How old is your daughter? She can come out and ride if she wants. Just PM me when you get into the area and I will give you all of my contact info.

As for the roosters, I thought that they would fight too so I was orginally only going to take one. Our rooster we had when I was younger would attack each other and they could be really mean/ But, this woman had about 100 chickens and roosters, everyone together, and they didn't fight. My roosters get along really well and are really mellow when you pick them up. This lady loved her chickens and so they were like pets and handled all of the time. Her four year old son just walked up to a bunch of them and picked them up. So, I think (and hope) that roosters are like every other animal and their personality is very individual. But, we will see. I won't let the babies around them of course, but I think that they will be fine with older kids.:D:thumbup:

As for realtors, I used Tom Hopkins with Virginia Wilder Real Estate. He was really good. He brought us out gift certificates and a strawberry pie the other day. Nice guy! I don't remember his cell phone number, but the office number is on their site: http://www.vwilderrealestate.com/

Going back to a previous post about kittens....Here is the story. There were these kittens listed in the classifieds for free. There were four of them and two were said to "walk funny". I spoke with the girl and she said that they were from a neighbor's cat who had kittens, but all her previous litters had been killed by dogs, so she had them under her house. One of the "hops like a bunny" and the other one "wobbles". They were supposedly born that way, but she thinks a dog might have gotten them. So, it sounds like they have some neurological condition or something. (Did anyone ever hear of something like that?) The girl also said she had a pregnant cat who needed a home. The dogs around there will kill cats and kittens, so she wanted to find them a home. So, being the animal lover that I am...:rolleyes::laugh:....I, of course, offered to take them all and find them homes. NO, I AM NOT KEEPING THEM! LOL! The cat had her kittens, so I am not going to take her and the kittens for a few weeks, but I am supposed to go pick up the other four kittens tomorrow. They are 6-7 weeks old and pretty much feral at the moment, but with love I am sure they will be wonderful. Would anyone like a kitten? I would be willing to take them to the vet and get their shots for you if someone would like one. I want to get the two that walk funny checked out anyway. So, any takers?

Oh, one more thing. There was what appeared to be a house for rent and it said no deposit. I couldn't catch the number because I was driving and there were cars behind me, roosters in the back, and screaming kids in the car, but if you are in Lafollette and you turn at the Walgreens and go about a half a mile, you will see it. I doubt that I will be back out there anytime soon, but if I am I will try to get the number for you guys. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My oldest daughter will be 7 in November. She has ridden before, but not much. My son will be 3 next month and he has ridden also, but not much. I have another daughter that will be 1 next week, but we'll keep her off for a long while. Thnaks for the offer. I'll be sure to get your contact info before we head that way.

My oldest daughter will be 7 in November. She has ridden before, but not much. My son will be 3 next month and he has ridden also, but not much. I have another daughter that will be 1 next week, but we'll keep her off for a long while. Thnaks for the offer. I'll be sure to get your contact info before we head that way.

There are lots of kids in the same age range, that should be fun. My oldest daughter is 11, then we have a daughter who is 8, a son who will be 7 in July, and a daughter who turned 3 in March. The BBQ on Aug. 3 should be fun!

Is there any reason that Sallie Mae loans are not on the preferred lender list??? anyone still using them???
thanks

Is there any reason that Sallie Mae loans are not on the preferred lender list??? anyone still using them???
thanks

Medloans is serviced thru Sallie Mae

yes, I used sallie mae, but for an additional loan to help with moving expense, deposits, and such

Are you guys having problems with the loans? I chose Chase for both of mine and apparently the Stafford Loans are not going thru! If so, you guys should call DCOM and make sure its all complete!

apparently it is against the law in TN to keep couches or any indoor furniture on your lawn or deck.

it is also not against the law to have open containers in a vehicle as long as the driver has no alcohol on his breath.

i've learned both of these laws through experience

very interesting info...both of em. I haven't had any probs with the loans yet, but I'm about to call and make sure everything has gone through. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you guys having problems with the loans? I chose Chase for both of mine and apparently the Stafford Loans are not going thru! If so, you guys should call DCOM and make sure its all complete!

I chose chase as well for stafford and decided to not borrow grad plus.

Houses For Rent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Bdrm/ 1 B house for rent in M’boro $350 + Sec. Dep. & ref Call (606)337-2195 lv. msg

Save ad
Email a Friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 bdrm house, 1st & last month rent in advance, $300 mo +security dep. (606)248-1319.
Save ad
Email a Friend

4 Bdrm house $550 per month deposit & references required 606- 269-1892
Save ad
Email a Friend

House for rent, 3 bedroom, in country, $350 per month, (606)337-1152 or (606)499-0707. pd6a...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

Apartments - Rooms

1 bdrm apartment, all utilities furnished, $550 month, Available Aug. 1. 248-4049.
Save ad
Email a Friend

1 bedroom apartment, no smoking. $350 a month, $350 deposit. (423)869-8355.
Save ad
Email a Friend

2 bdrm apartment for rent. (606)248-4932.
Save ad
Email a Friend

2 bdrm apt in Ewing, VA. $375 month + $350 dep. Section 8 HUD accepted. References required. No pets allowed. Call 276-445-5777....from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

2 bedroom apartment for rent, $425 plus deposit, (606)248-5959. pd6abcd...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

2BR duplex in VA. Nice & clean. CH/A. $350/mo + dep. Ref. req. No pets. 606-248-1090. pd 6 a...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

2BR duplex in VA. Nice & clean. CH/A. $350/mo + dep. Ref. req. No pets. 606-248-1090
Save ad
Email a Friend

Apt. for Rent Ex. M’boro location 2 Br/ 1 1/2 B $400 mo. + sec dep ref. Call (606)337-2195 lv msg
Save ad
Email a Friend

Country home, 2 bdrm, 1 ba, eat-in kitchen, 3A, for rent or sale. Tazewell/Lone Mtn Rd area. Call 423-626-2703 or Noah Real Estate 423-626-8167.
Save ad
Email a Friend

H’gate 2 bdrm, 1 ba. water & trash incl, no pets, no smoking, $390 mo + dep & app fee. Sherry - 869-5160.
Save ad

Harrogate, furnished apartment for rent, 1 person, no pets, no smoking, references and deposit required, (423)869-7355. pd6ab...from Cumberland Trading Post
Save ad
Email a Friend

i went w/ ed america for mine (lowest IR when all is said and done...) thought about chase as well. I probably should have looked at outside lenders such as Wells Fargo, but no biggie. The difference in the end is literally hundreds of dollars between most lenders. I hope to god almighty that as a physician a hundred bucks does not make or break me. (knock on wood). pat peace emailed me today and said they were having some issues w/ the stafford loans and so I think its a universal problem. it'll resolve itself pretty quick - they want our money bad.

Her four year old son just walked up to a bunch of them and picked them up. So, I think (and hope) that roosters are like every other animal and their personality is very individual. But, we will see.

Man, I read you were getting roosters, and I was going to get in shape for OMM lab by chasing them around (i.e. Rocky), but apparently a 4 yr old can catch them :(

I won't let the babies around them of course, but I think that they will be fine with older kids.:D:thumbup:

I was really hoping to have my baby around the roosters before school starts too:laugh:

We are headed over to Harrogate tomorrow to start moving some things. I would love to meet any of you guys that are already in town.

Any advice on turning on utilities and things like that would be greatly appreciated.

EMT IV- I may try and work some as a Paramedic the month of July. I though maybe for Claiborne Co. EMS or at one of the hospitals. If you have any ideas please let me know.

I look forward to meeting everyone in a couple of months.

i went w/ ed america for mine (lowest IR when all is said and done...) thought about chase as well. I probably should have looked at outside lenders such as Wells Fargo, but no biggie. The difference in the end is literally hundreds of dollars between most lenders. I hope to god almighty that as a physician a hundred bucks does not make or break me. (knock on wood). pat peace emailed me today and said they were having some issues w/ the stafford loans and so I think its a universal problem. it'll resolve itself pretty quick - they want our money bad.

Chase actually has the lowest IR for the Stafford. For the GradPlus, EdAmerica has the lowest. I wasn't sure which loan you were talking about, so I figured I'd put both on here. I did the math for both loans a few pages back. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=340629&page=8 posts #357 and #361, just in case anyone hasn't filled out the loan info yet and has some questions.

Froggie, if you want to chase my roosters and let the baby play with them, you are more than welcome. LOL! :p

Utilities: I think in Harrogate it is probably Powell Valley Electric, but I am not sure. They will need you to fill out an application and they run a credit check. The phone is Bell South. I can't have cable all the way out here, (we have DirectTV), but I think the cable is Comcast. You can Google them or find numbers in the phone book.:)

HOUSE FOR RENT

I got a voice mail from a fellow classmate who asked me to post this. I don't have all the specifics on it, but this is what I know. PM me if you are interested and I will try and get more info for you.

The house is about 5 minutes from the school in Harrogate. I think that there were two bedrooms. The rent will be less than the 1 person med student apartment.

Froggie, if you want to chase my roosters and let the baby play with them, you are more than welcome. LOL! :p

Utilities: I think in Harrogate it is probably Powell Valley Electric, but I am not sure. They will need you to fill out an application and they run a credit check. The phone is Bell South. I can't have cable all the way out here, (we have DirectTV), but I think the cable is Comcast. You can Google them or find numbers in the phone book.:)

HOUSE FOR RENT

I got a voice mail from a fellow classmate who asked me to post this. I don't have all the specifics on it, but this is what I know. PM me if you are interested and I will try and get more info for you.

The house is about 5 minutes from the school in Harrogate. I think that there were two bedrooms. The rent will be less than the 1 person med student apartment.

Here is Comcast's website

The phones are Bell South, but I believe they were bought out by AT&T.

We found a place for me to rent month-to-month while waiting for our condo to sell in Chicago. We are still working out all of the details, but we are really excited to finally have that done. It's in LaFollette and there is a possiblity of buying it as well, but we will see once I begin living there in a few weeks. The lady was saying that, at least in LaFollette, the electric and water companies are one in the same, which is nice - one bill. We should be getting our new cars within the next week or so too. That will be really exciting for us too :D

DocMom,

Any news on the BBQ? You not collecting all these animals for that, are you??? :p

On a serious note, I was reading through the handbook, and before I ask Jody, maybe it has already been answered...

What is DCOM's definition of business casual? I work at a very casual business, so I can wear Jeans and an untucked polo - is this acceptable?

The library hours are a little lame considering we will study all of the time. Is there any way we can protest to keep it open past midnight, and later than 5:30 on Fridays? I know the best place for me to study is at the library - less distractions.

On a serious note, I was reading through the handbook, and before I ask Jody, maybe it has already been answered...

What is DCOM's definition of business casual? I work at a very casual business, so I can wear Jeans and an untucked polo - is this acceptable?

The library hours are a little lame considering we will study all of the time. Is there any way we can protest to keep it open past midnight, and later than 5:30 on Fridays? I know the best place for me to study is at the library - less distractions.

This is the way I understand the dress code, at least for guys....

When wearing short-sleeves, you have to have to collar, so a polo/golf shirt is fine. We can wear jeans, gym shoes, shorts, etc., just no t-shirts.

As for the winter, I don't know. Are we allowed to wear hoodies? I don't see why not. I really don't want to be in a dress shirt (no tie thankfully) b/c we need a collar. I hope hoodies are fine, there's nothing wrong with them as long as they look nice and aren't ripped, torn, etc.

This is the way I understand the dress code, at least for guys....

When wearing short-sleeves, you have to have to collar, so a polo/golf shirt is fine. We can wear jeans, gym shoes, shorts, etc., just no t-shirts.

As for the winter, I don't know. Are we allowed to wear hoodies? I don't see why not. I really don't want to be in a dress shirt (no tie thankfully) b/c we need a collar. I hope hoodies are fine, there's nothing wrong with them as long as they look nice and aren't ripped, torn, etc.

yeah, I would think a hoodie is OK, just no Bill Belichick hoodies and we should be all right :laugh:...any of those DCOM admins want to step in on this one?

I chose chase as well for stafford. I did not take out any grad plus loans. Apparently, when I went to apply for the loan, the online application would not let me electronically sign it. I ended up calling chase and asking whether the loan went through or not and they said that they were having a problem with the online program and that they were going to have it fixed sometime in june. They ended up mailing me a copy of the loan and having me actually sign the master promissary note. I sent it back and emailed pat whether or not the loan went through and she said it did and now everything is fine. All she has to do now is certify my loan.

i misspoke earlier...chase for stafford, ed for grad+. as far as dress code goes...no scrubs, no t shirts, no ripped jeans, no shorts. thats the vibe I got from Paul at the interview. Collared shirt/pants = biz casual to them. I think we ought to be able to wear scrubs in class, but thats me. Scrubs are for anatomy, t shirt/shorts for OMT lab. White coats for any event that calls for them...especially years 3/4.

You are correct. AT&T did just buy out Bell South.

Stay away from my farm animals. LOL! I would imagine roosters do taste very much like chicken. :laugh::p

As for the BBQ....when is a good date for everyone? I was going to do it on August 4th, but that is too close to DCOM's BBQ. So, what do y'all think? Anytime in July is fine with me. Throw some dates at me. I am open to suggestions. :D

You are correct. AT&T did just buy out Bell South.

Stay away from my farm animals. LOL! I would imagine roosters do taste very much like chicken. :laugh::p

As for the BBQ....when is a good date for everyone? I was going to do it on August 4th, but that is too close to DCOM's BBQ. So, what do y'all think? Anytime in July is fine with me. Throw some dates at me. I am open to suggestions. :D

You shoul do it the Saturday before, on the 28th, or the 21st. It is still close, but it would be great to meet everyone (at least from SDN) before Orientation starts.

did anyone get it yet? He is planning a white water rafting trip (sep 9th) right after the anatomy test (sept 6th), also DCOM will be on local LMU tv station tonight. I believe the dean will be talking about the school and folks like me who cant see it can check out the dvd which should come out next week. Also the med school apts should be open to move in as early as july 20th but no later than 28th.

dress codes are for kids

Agree :rolleyes: I don't understand it, but at least it isn't like LECOM (no offense ot LECOM peeps). If the only they care about is a golf shirt, fine with me. As long as I can wear jeans, gym shoes, etc., I am a happy camper. As for the scrubs, I believe that we are only allowed to wear them during lab and that is fine b/c you don't want to smell that all day - trust me :barf:

DocMom, I would say the 21st or 28th too. I think those would work well. I kind of thought of a name for one of your roosters. You should name one after the rooster/hen/chicken guy from Looney Tunes. I just can't remember his name though. Was it Henry, Henley - something along those lines I think.

Also, I asked Dr. Leo and students are not required to be certified in CPR prior to matriculation to DCOM. It is encouraged, but not mandatory. Just in case anybody was wondering.

Harrogate Utilities.

Water - Arthur Shawanee Utilities 423-869-4761

Electric -Powell Valley Electric 423-626-5204

Trash - Waste Away 423-626-2199, or just haul it to the local dump for free.

Cable - CommuniComm Cable 423-626-9107, this is the number in the phonebook but may connect you to Georgia. If you go into the Tazewell office with the phonebook there is no activation fee or contract since it is stated in the Yellow Pages add. If you call, they will try to charge you the fee and have a contract; also if you go to the office without the ad they try to do the same. Also there is a package where you get $20 off cable TV and $10 off Internet if you sign up for the Expanded Basic package and Internet both. Be sure to mention the discounts or you may not get them.

Phone - do you actually still use a landline?

So does anyone know where the "valley" is?

Rent to own 4 bdrm, double wide, 6 yrs old w/ nice lot & shed in the valley $55,000 w/ $5,000 down payment (423)869-3729...from Cumberland Trading Post

Rent to own 4 bdrm, double wide, 6 yrs old w/ nice lot & shed in the valley $55,000 w/ $5,000 down payment (423)869-3729...from Cumberland Trading Post

I saw that ad too. I think they may mean Powell Valley, which I think is where I am...somewhere along 63? Not quite sure, but that is my best guess. The number is similar to ones around here. Call and find out.

BBQ: 21st or 28th? Taking votes now... It doesn't matter to me. Just let me know what y'all think. I would love to set a date and then start a list of who is coming and who is bringing what. The 28th would probably allow more people to be able to attend, but as much as I would love to have everyone here, I don't know if I have enough room for all 150 students + faculty + SOs. The 21st would probably be a smaller group, which is good and bad, but it would also allow me more time to clean up and get ready to start school. I am voting for the 21st or the 22nd, but I can do it the next weekend if everyone would prefer. Let me know what y'all think and I will set the date and start making plans. :D:thumbup:

I just got the email!!!! AHHH!!! I AM LOCAL AND I MISSED IT!!!! :smuggrin::mad:+pissed+ Oh well, I guess I will have to wait for the DVD. The white water rafting sounds incredible. I have always wanted to do that! I wanted to go white water rafting and camping on my honeymoon, but no....my husband wanted to do something more romantic. :rolleyes: :lol: Plans for student government too. WOOT!!!! Can I officially start my campaign now....?:p;):laugh:

I was thinking about student government too but Im also starting to think that maybe I should see how time consuming and stressfull medical school is before I bite off more than I can chew lol.... I finished my shots and all my medical stuff now I just have to mail off the results.. Im gonna call tomorrow to make sure my financial aid stuff is done, and hopefully Im finished with everything. I wonder when we will get our move in info for the med apts. Im sure hoping that we can move in the 20th cause I set everything up for that date. only a month and a half left...

I'll be there either day so count me in and let me know what we need to bring. As far as the rafting trip that sounds like a blast. I have been planning on going to a place just Southeast of Knoxville in August with my fam when they come down and then maybe again in October. It is the only place with class IV and V rapids...does anyone know where Dr. Leo is talking about going. I know there are several places close. Have a good day/night everyone.

dress codes are for kids

I agree! I guarantee you the only days people will be dressed nice are the two orientation days and the first day of class.... after that everyone is gonna look like crap from all the stress and sleepless nights!

As DocMom said, I believe the valley is considered to be along 63. I heard my realtor say this a couple of times before I figured it out. That is a beautiful drive and very easy. Just invest into a radar dectector b/c it is very easy to go 80 mph on 63 where the speed limit is 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.