Loan Disbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firegirl15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm entering the second year of my DPT program and am really concerned about my loan disbursement for this coming year. I live and pay tuition with 100% loans, so I have the Graduate PLUS Loan in addition to the Federal Unsubsidized Loan. I recently learned that my loans will be split completely equally between my fall, spring, and summer semesters, even though my fall and spring semesters are longer and about 4x the number of credits as my summer semester. Because of the loans being split equally, I will be short literally thousands of dollars for both fall and spring semesters but will have way more money than needed in summer. Has anyone else run into this problem? Anyone have any solutions?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm entering the second year of my DPT program and am really concerned about my loan disbursement for this coming year. I live and pay tuition with 100% loans, so I have the Graduate PLUS Loan in addition to the Federal Unsubsidized Loan. I recently learned that my loans will be split completely equally between my fall, spring, and summer semesters, even though my fall and spring semesters are longer and about 4x the number of credits as my summer semester. Because of the loans being split equally, I will be short literally thousands of dollars for both fall and spring semesters but will have way more money than needed in summer. Has anyone else run into this problem? Anyone have any solutions?

Take all the money for the summer semester and save it until needed?

Same thing at my school. Financial aid office just automatically divides the yearly package in thirds. If you contact your FA office they should be able to get it re-distributed for you. They should also be able to tell you how to request your loans be distributed a particular way in advance for next year, if needs be.