Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda 2020-2021 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m planning on commuting but I am not sure yet
I'm planning on trying to find an apartment or room nearby the university but I haven't found anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I honestly thought today would be the day that we’d hear back from LLU. But once again, nothing. 😔 I’m really praying that we hear some good news next week before the holidays!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just found this thread which I thought was pretty cool! I turned in my Secondary application on October 11 and interviewed on November 18th. I received an Acceptance email first on December 8th and didn't receive the physical acceptance in the mail until like a week later. For those that are thinking of commuting, how far is your commute? I'm debating on if mine is manageable.

Reactions: 1 user
I just found this thread which I thought was pretty cool! I turned in my Secondary application on October 11 and interviewed on November 18th. I received an Acceptance email first on December 8th and didn't receive the physical acceptance in the mail until like a week later. For those that are thinking of commuting, how far is your commute? I'm debating on if mine is manageable.
Congratulations! I’m planning on commuting from Orange County.

May I ask you who interviewed you?

I honestly thought today would be the day that we’d hear back from LLU. But once again, nothing. 😔 I’m really praying that we hear some good news next week before the holidays!
Have you emailed them?

Hey guys! Important question here. Has anyone heard of LLU doing second interviews???

Hey guys! Important question here. Has anyone heard of LLU doing second interviews???
For any university, I've only seen a layout of just a one-on-one interview or a group interview first followed by a one-on-one interview. For LLU, I've never heard of a second interview though

For any university, I've only seen a layout of just a one-on-one interview or a group interview first followed by a one-on-one interview. For LLU, I've never heard of a second interview though
I was just offered a second interview so maybe that’s a good thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you shoot them an email asking, they will tell you! I asked for mine.
Woah really?? Did you research the person once you found out? Or how did you prepare for your interview? I feel like I’ll need to do a lot more preparing or something for the second interview

Woah really?? Did you research the person once you found out? Or how did you prepare for your interview? I feel like I’ll need to do a lot more preparing or something for the second interview
Yes.. it's something a mentor told me to always do in an interview process. I did do a little research about the faculty to know who I was talking to. Best way to prepare for the interview is to familiarize yourself with typical OT Graduate Program interview questions (can easily access them anywhere online / following typical job interview questions). After the interview, he told me it's always respectful to send an email to the interviewer thanking them for their time!

Yes.. it's something a mentor told me to always do in an interview process. I did do a little research about the faculty to know who I was talking to. Best way to prepare for the interview is to familiarize yourself with typical OT Graduate Program interview questions (can easily access them anywhere online / following typical job interview questions). After the interview, he told me it's always respectful to send an email to the interviewer thanking them for their time!
Got it okay! How did you ask them for the name of the interviewer? I don’t want to bug them too much lol

Got it okay! How did you ask them for the name of the interviewer? I don’t want to bug them too much lol
I just asked whoever it was emailing me about the interview, if it was possible to have my interviewer's name and email for a follow-up thank you email. They weren't hesitant at all to do so for me!

I just asked whoever it was emailing me about the interview, if it was possible to have my interviewer's name and email for a follow-up thank you email. They weren't hesitant at all to do so for me!
Thanks! I'll email them and hopefully I hear back before the interview!

Update on my second interview: the program director, Heather Javaherian-Dysinger, is going to interview me! If anyone has been interviewed by her or has any advice, it would be much appreciated!!

Late to this thread! But I actually have my interview scheduled for this week. Was wondering if they asked any religious based questions during the interview? Just trying to be prepared as I felt the supplemental app was heavily religion focused.
Thanks and congrats to all those who have already been accepted!

Late to this thread! But I actually have my interview scheduled for this week. Was wondering if they asked any religious based questions during the interview? Just trying to be prepared as I felt the supplemental app was heavily religion focused.
I dont recall asking me religious questions, but who knows they might ask you. I recommend going over standard interview questions, and i think you would be fine.

Hi guys! I’m new to here but I submitted my application a day before the deadline (smh at me) and I have my interview this Thursday. I have an email from Leticia Guerrero. If anyone has tips for the interview, that will be truly appreciated!

Hi guys! I’m new to here but I submitted my application a day before the deadline (smh at me) and I have my interview this Thursday. I have an email from Leticia Guerrero. If anyone has tips for the interview, that will be truly appreciated!
How did your interview go?!!

Congratulations to everyone!

I just had my interview today and I felt it went very well as I received positive feedback. It was very conversational and the four questions were meant to understand you as an individual and how you mesh and understand the profession and LLU entirely. Good luck!

Just curious but, has anyone considered the entry OTD program starting next year?

Update on my second interview: the program director, Heather Javaherian-Dysinger, is going to interview me! If anyone has been interviewed by her or has any advice, it would be much appreciated!!

Hi! I am currently an OT student in my last year! i havent been on this thing in so long and I got curious. Dr. Javaherian-Dysinger is the sweetest woman ever! The woman has calming super power effects I'm convinced, when you speak with her.. she really eases your stress instantly! lol.. but seriously, don't stress! just be YOURSELF. all the faculty are truly exceptional. LLU was my first choice and God knew what He was doing placing me here. I have never met a group of professors that truly care for you, & your success, through and through. They ALL have been the most supportive faculty ever.

You're in good hands, just be yourself! I think back of my interview process and was a nervous wreck looking back and knowing who the professors are, especially the one that interviewed me... I really had nothing to worry about! Even if I tried, I don't have one bad thing to say about any of the faculty.. in all honesty, they are what we envision OTs to be... truly compassionate, kind, heart warming, caring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hi! I am currently an OT student in my last year! i havent been on this thing in so long and I got curious. Dr. Javaherian-Dysinger is the sweetest woman ever! The woman has calming super power effects I'm convinced, when you speak with her.. she really eases your stress instantly! lol.. but seriously, don't stress! just be YOURSELF. all the faculty are truly exceptional. LLU was my first choice and God knew what He was doing placing me here. I have never met a group of professors that truly care for you, your success, and your growth through and through. They ALL have been the most supportive faculty ever.

You're in good hands, just be yourself! I think back of my interview process and was a nervous wreck looking back and knowing who the professors are, especially the one that interviewed me... I really had nothing to worry about! Even if I tried, I don't have one bad thing to say about any of the faculty.. in all honesty, they are what we envision OTs to be... truly compassionate, kind, heart warming, caring.
HI!!!
Wow thank you so much for sending this message! It has been so insightful. Loma Linda is 100% my top choice for so many reasons and I really hope that I showed her just how much I want to be in their program.

I dont recall asking me religious questions, but who knows they might ask you. I recommend going over standard interview questions, and i think you would be fine.
I didn't have any religious questions asked either!

Has anyone been waitlisted or rejected from LLU? Or have they only sent out acceptances? I’m getting worried at this point ):

Has anyone been waitlisted or rejected from LLU? Or have they only sent out acceptances? I’m getting worried at this point ):
Hang in there Lina, I am also waiting for a response from LLU. My interview was last week. I applied last year and didn’t get in (I received a rejection letter). But here I am again:)) Best of luck to us both! Congrats to all who are in already!

Reactions: 3 users
Hang in there Lina, I am also waiting for a response from LLU. My interview was last week. I applied last year and didn’t get in (I received a rejection letter). But here I am again:)) Best of luck to us both! Congrats to all who are in already!
Wow, I needed to hear this. Thank you so so much!!! Good luck to us both that we hear good news soon ❤️

Wow, I needed to hear this. Thank you so so much!!! Good luck to us both that we hear good news soon ❤️
Hi, just heard back in the mail. It’s not good news for me:) Best of luck @linaot ♥️
Now I need to consider my other options. Maybe Samuel Merritt, I got accepted in Dec. Or an out of state:)!

Hi, just heard back in the mail. It’s not good news for me:) Best of luck @linaot ♥️
Now I need to consider my other options. Maybe Samuel Merritt, I got accepted in Dec. Or an out of state:)
Awww! Im glad that you got accepted to other schools. Whichever schools you go to, you will do great~

Now I need to consider my other options. Maybe Samuel Merritt, I got accepted in Dec. Or an out of state:)!
Hi! Thank you for the sweet message! I’m sorry you didn’t get in, but I’m also really happy that you have options to choose from! I wish you nothing but the best on your OT journey ❤️❤️

Hello, just came across the forum! I was wondering if any of you heard back from LLU yet? I did my interview mid December and was told that admission decision would be decided by end of January? So any of you guys heard of getting accepted/rejected/ or waitlisted?

Hello, just came across the forum! I was wondering if any of you heard back from LLU yet? I did my interview mid December and was told that admission decision would be decided by end of January? So any of you guys heard of getting accepted/rejected/ or waitlisted?
Hello, I am still waiting for my decisions, but I know some people have gotten their rejections and acceptance letter. However, IDK about the waitlist.

Is there anyone that's attending this summer that's in need of housing/a housemate? I've been struggling to find housing around campus.

How did your interview go?!!
My interview went pretty well. I wish I answered one question differently but other than that, I'm just staying positive... I haven't heard anything from them yet and I see some people got waitlisted... ;/ and it's already Feb 3rd.

• Care
My interview went pretty well. I wish I answered one question differently but other than that, I'm just staying positive... I haven't heard anything from them yet and I see some people got waitlisted... ;/ and it's already Feb 3rd.
Stay positive itzkingyan, wishing you the best !

Anyone else hear back from LLU?

I'm confused why some people received rejection or waitlist emails but I haven't heard anything since my interview in November... I'm wondering if I should send them an email or would that ruin my chances?? This wait is putting me in a tough spot in starting the admissions process for the program I've already been accepted to.

I'm confused why some people received rejection or waitlist emails but I haven't heard anything since my interview in November... I'm wondering if I should send them an email or would that ruin my chances?? This wait is putting me in a tough spot in starting the admissions process for the program I've already been accepted to.
It doesn't hurt to email them asking about your application status! It shows your interest in the program.

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed them and they told me that they are sending the rest of the decisions this week. Try to email them. I think there is a delay.