Program-Specific Info / Q's LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY MOT SUMMER 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CA2WAGIRL

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Has anyone applied for LLU to start in the summer of 2018? We can discuss and update each other on our applications here!

Members don't see this ad.

Yay! I literally logged in just to start a thread like this! I'm hoping we will get an invitation to video interview soon. Is there an in-person interview that follows? They've changed it over the years, and it's not mentioned on the site.

Yay! I literally logged in just to start a thread like this! I'm hoping we will get an invitation to video interview soon. Is there an in-person interview that follows? They've changed it over the years, and it's not mentioned on the site.
Yay we are on track! lol. And from previous years reading these forums, people have started to get invited for the video interview between now and November so hopefully they get back to us soon about the video invite! As far as I know, I think we just have to submit the video if we are invited and wait until January for an acceptance or not!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay we are on track! lol. And from previous years reading these forums, people have started to get invited for the video interview between now and November so hopefully they get back to us soon about the video invite! As far as I know, I think we just have to submit the video if we are invited and wait until January for an acceptance or not!

Okay, perfect! Here's hoping. It's such a nerve-wrecking process What other schools are you applying to? Is LLU your top choice?

Okay, perfect! Here's hoping. It's such a nerve-wrecking process What other schools are you applying to? Is LLU your top choice?
Midwestern in AZ, U Puget Sound, LLU (high in my choices), UW, Pacific University, you?!

Midwestern in AZ, U Puget Sound, LLU (high in my choices), UW, Pacific University, you?!

Oh, cool! Pacific U, LLU, AT Still, U of St. Augustine, West Coast :) Guess we just overlap with those two.

hi all!

i submitted my secondary app on september 24 and received an email on october 12 that they just received my secondary application. i'm hoping we find out soon! this whole waiting game has me so anxious haha.

hi all!

i submitted my secondary app on september 24 and received an email on october 12 that they just received my secondary application. i'm hoping we find out soon! this whole waiting game has me so anxious haha.

Wow! I submitted my secondary app on October 3. I guess now I know to await a notice of receipt for it. This really is an excruciating process. Lol. Is LLU your top choice? :)

Wow! I submitted my secondary app on October 3. I guess now I know to await a notice of receipt for it. This really is an excruciating process. Lol. Is LLU your top choice? :)
i was surprised that it took more than two weeks for them to confirm that they received my application. i got an confirmation email once i submitted my secondary so i thought that the next time i would hear from them would be either an invitation or rejection. from my most recent email, they said it will take 4-6 weeks for them to review and for us to hear back. so i guess we should start hearing back mid-november!

my top choice as of now is either stanbridge or st. augustine since i currently live in san diego and my hometown is near irvine. but LLU isn't too far so it's definitely one of my top choices! i also applied to samuel merritt, midwestern, a.t. still, and chatham! i really want to stay in cali haha

i was surprised that it took more than two weeks for them to confirm that they received my application. i got an confirmation email once i submitted my secondary so i thought that the next time i would hear from them would be either an invitation or rejection. from my most recent email, they said it will take 4-6 weeks for them to review and for us to hear back. so i guess we should start hearing back mid-november!

my top choice as of now is either stanbridge or st. augustine since i currently live in san diego and my hometown is near irvine. but LLU isn't too far so it's definitely one of my top choices! i also applied to samuel merritt, midwestern, a.t. still, and chatham! i really want to stay in cali haha

I think you're right. Here's hoping!

Very cool! This awful waiting game is too much. St. Augustine is my top choice, too! I love what I've heard about their OTD program.

Hey all! Has anyone applied for LLU to start in the summer of 2018? We can discuss and update each other on our applications here!
Hey! Thinking about applying, but I'm from Texas lol. Sooooo that is still up in the air but I just started my profile here, maybe we can bounce ideas off each other! :)

Hey! Thinking about applying, but I'm from Texas lol. Sooooo that is still up in the air but I just started my profile here, maybe we can bounce ideas off each other! :)
Yes, sounds great! Glad you are here!

Waiting for an interview as well! What was everyones stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting for an interview as well! What was everyones stats?

:)

Major: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: about 3.97
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: yet to take

Shadowing: about 40 outpatient, about 20 peds, and about 20 inpatient...still in progress! Goal is to get about 40-50 for each type. So by the time I submit them to LLU, I'll have about 100 in 3 settings :)

Volunteer: children's club (about 3 years), volunteered in Mexico mission trips, music drama day camps for kids, one special needs summer camp, served food at local funerals and weddings, served food at a low income thanksgiving

Relevant work experience: physical therapy aide (since February), writing tutor and supplemental instructor for English and writing at my college

Extras: Future Physician Leaders internship, Certificate of excellence award, presented at honors conference on literature, graduated from honors program in community college and summa cum lauds from undergraduate major.

I guess I have a lot of experience but not all of it is OT related lol. I sort of got my foot in the door by taking prereqs at Loma Linda and getting letters of rec from my professors...hopefully that helps! I hope they contact us for interviews soon.

Honesty, this was my first time applying, and getting everything together on OTCAS just felt "messy" to me, so I don't feel very confident. Can anyone relate?

:)

Major: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: about 3.97
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: yet to take

Shadowing: about 40 outpatient, about 20 peds, and about 20 inpatient...still in progress! Goal is to get about 40-50 for each type. So by the time I submit them to LLU, I'll have about 100 in 3 settings :)

Volunteer: children's club (about 3 years), volunteered in Mexico mission trips, music drama day camps for kids, one special needs summer camp, served food at local funerals and weddings, served food at a low income thanksgiving

Relevant work experience: physical therapy aide (since February), writing tutor and supplemental instructor for English and writing at my college

Extras: Future Physician Leaders internship, Certificate of excellence award, presented at honors conference on literature, graduated from honors program in community college and summa cum lauds from undergraduate major.

I guess I have a lot of experience but not all of it is OT related lol. I sort of got my foot in the door by taking prereqs at Loma Linda and getting letters of rec from my professors...hopefully that helps! I hope they contact us for interviews soon.

Honesty, this was my first time applying, and getting everything together on OTCAS just felt "messy" to me, so I don't feel very confident. Can anyone relate?

Haha girl, dont even worry. I'm pretty sure you will get in everywhere you apply!

Im a Soc Major from UCLA. Cum GPA 3.8, Pre-req 3.8.

I was vice president of an OT club at my school, VP of a culture club, On the board for six other health clubs. Various honors clubs, deans list

Work- OT aide, Caregiver, behavior therapist, personal support worker for a boy with Asperger's,
Volunteer- over 500 hours in 5 different settings

I applied to - LLU, West Coast, Midwestern, Columbia, Texas Tech, ATstill, Pacific University, NAU, Davenport and USC {but have to take the gre again in a week}

Anyone know what to use to do well on the gre? the verbal part is so unnecessarily difficult for me at least

Last edited:
Haha girl, dont even worry. I'm pretty sure you will get in everywhere you apply!

Im a Soc Major from UCLA. Cum GPA 3.8, Pre-req 3.8.

I was vice president of an OT club at my school, VP of a culture club, On the board for six other health clubs. Various honors clubs, deans list

Work- OT aide, Caregiver, behavior therapist, personal support worker for a boy with Asperger's,
Volunteer- over 500 hours in 5 different settings

I applied to - LLU, West Coast, Midwestern, Columbia, Texas Tech, ATstill, Pacific University, and USC {but have to take the gre again in a week}

Anyone know what to use to do well on the gre? the verbal part is so unnecessarily difficult for me at least

All I can really say is, same goes for you! :) Your stats go above and beyond! I'm jealous! Your work as an OT aide and your number of hours is competetive!

Ugh. The stupid GRE. I'm going to take it next month since I'm applying to St. Augustine. If you haven't used Magoosh, I would recommend it. They have helpful practice tests and they also have a free app with all of the vocabulary words. It can be expensive, but I've found the video lessons and practical problems to be worth the $100+!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back? Anxiously awaiting the invitation for a video interview!

I have not heard back yet, which is surprising because I looked at previous years' threads and people usually found out in early October about a video interview and now it's November. Maybe they are just really behind. Let me know if you get a video invite!
Has anyone heard back? Anxiously awaiting the invitation for a video interview!

Hey everyone!

Just found your page! I am currently a first year at LLU. About the videos... last year I was not invited to make a video until late Nov/early Dec soooo don't panic!! I know your anxiety will be through the roof these next couple of months but hang in there. Good luck everyone and let me know if you have any questions :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone!

Just found your page! I am currently a first year at LLU. About the videos... last year I was not invited to make a video until late Nov/early Dec soooo don't panic!! I know your anxiety will be through the roof these next couple of months but hang in there. Good luck everyone and let me know if you have any questions :)
Thank you so much I'm so glad you commented!

I emailed the department and they told me that they got a late reply on reviewing applications but they'll try to notify us about the next step as soon as possible. Just to let everyone know :)

I got a video interview e-mail today! Be on the lookout all! <3

Hey everyone!

Do you think a good amount of those invited for a video interview actually get accepted?

Do you think a good amount of those invited for a video interview actually get accepted?
Hi,

It's hard to say because I'm not too sure how many video invites were sent out. I do know that there were about 300-400 applications and they accepted 56. My guess is that maybe half of the applicants get video invites.

I haven't gotten an interview yet ughhh I'm scared

I haven't gotten an interview yet ughhh I'm scared
I feel like they are probably reviewing and sending invitations as they go since they have so many and probably don't want to wait to do them all at once! Stay hopeful, your stats look great! <3

I just received a video invite an hour ago. So they’re definitely still working their way down a list or something.

Two of my friends that applied early received video interview invitations. I applied later on, so I imagine they're still working on it. Not to worry, fellow applicants :)

Two of my friends that applied early received video interview invitations. I applied later on, so I imagine they're still working on it. Not to worry, fellow applicants :)
Yes that's probably their method because I applied right after the application opened and I got invited for an interview last week. So I agree about the no worries :)

Hey guys! I am also a first year and like LiHer0714, I was invited to interview sometime in Nov I think. Hang in there! I actually think that if you get to the interview, then you have a pretty good chance so show em what a great OT you'll be!

Just got a Video Interview invite email! yayy!

Those who have gotten the invite already, do you mind sharing the questions they asked for the video?

Those who have gotten the invite already, do you mind sharing the questions they asked for the video?
I'm not sure if we are supposed to be sharing the questions since they wanted us to make the video private

I'm not sure if we are supposed to be sharing the questions since they wanted us to make the video private

How did you record haha I am not so good with cameras, did someone record you? Im wondering if i should get a mic for better audio or not!

How did you record haha I am not so good with cameras, did someone record you? Im wondering if i should get a mic for better audio or not!
I have a mac so I used the video camera from photobooth to record and put all my answers together into one video on iMovie! :)

Definitely practice and listen to the audio if it is loud and clear and also make sure you just have a plain simple wall in the background

Hi All!

I just called the OT department and they said they're making their way down the list of people by when they applied. I submitted my secondary on September 26 and they said they haven't even reviewed my application yet... I was told we should be notified of video interviews within the next 2-3 weeks and that admissions decisions should go out in January.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi All!

I just called the OT department and they said they're making their way down the list of people by when they applied. I submitted my secondary on September 26 and they said they haven't even reviewed my application yet... I was told we should be notified of video interviews within the next 2-3 weeks and that admissions decisions should go out in January.
Omg really?.. I submitted mine in like October lol. Will they email you if you didn't get a video interview? Or will you have to wait until January with all the decisions?

Omg really?.. I submitted mine in like October lol. Will they email you if you didn't get a video interview? Or will you have to wait until January with all the decisions?

I think they'll notify you if you don't get the video interview, but I'm not certain.

Just got invited to video interview! :)

Hey guys! I am also a first year and like LiHer0714, I was invited to interview sometime in Nov I think. Hang in there! I actually think that if you get to the interview, then you have a pretty good chance so show em what a great OT you'll be!
When did they notify you of your acceptance? They are saying January but I know people have gotten accepted in December in past years. Just really excited to hear of any news!

Hey everyone!

When did they notify you of your acceptance? They are saying January but I know people have gotten accepted in December in past years. Just really excited to hear of any news!

Yes, you are right. I know in the past they’ve let people know as early as December and as late as May. Usually they send out a big chunk of acceptances in January and February. We just got done with finals this week so they’ll probably be getting together for application reviews.
Good luck all! It’s a painful wait

has anyone else been receiving e-mails about LLU's financial aid application they want us to fill out?