Looking for cheesy, annoying science books (serious)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nomad1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not kidding about the title. In my molecular bio class we were given an excerpt from a book called "Whirlwind Tour of the Life Sciences," and it was so bad I haven't forgotten a word of that chapter. It had the smarmiest jokes I've ever read, and I was actually embarrassed on the author's behalf. Every sentence insulted my intelligence. It was too awful to forget. If anyone knows of similar books (especially for physics, biochem and anatomy) I'd really like to know about them. I'm looking for embarrassing metaphors, third grade puns, pop culture references that were outdated ten years ago, the works.

I'm dead serious. I call this the Geiko approach to memorization. Geiko ads are so obnoxious that they're impossible to forget.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
EK I think does this. You should make your own as you study! I think this approach certainly works.

Go ahead and get Kaplan if you want to be reminded every two pages that you're a pre med and you're going to do well on the MCAT and be successful

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not kidding about the title. In my molecular bio class we were given an excerpt from a book called "Whirlwind Tour of the Life Sciences," and it was so bad I haven't forgotten a word of that chapter. It had the smarmiest jokes I've ever read, and I was actually embarrassed on the author's behalf. Every sentence insulted my intelligence. It was too awful to forget. If anyone knows of similar books (especially for physics, biochem and anatomy) I'd really like to know about them. I'm looking for embarrassing metaphors, third grade puns, pop culture references that were outdated ten years ago, the works.

I'm dead serious. I call this the Geiko approach to memorization. Geiko ads are so obnoxious that they're impossible to forget.

I'm obsessed with the Made Ridiculously Simple books- seriously, I have orgo, micro, cardiology and pathophysiology by them- I wish they covered every subject