Looking for some advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabedoc2000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

So I was just hoping I could get some perspective or advice from people on here. I graduated a UC with a 2.8 GPA. My science was around the same. I am doing an informal post bac right now and have a 3.5 gpa here. I was planning on applying this june. I took my first mcat in 09/16 and got a 492. I retook it in march and got a 499 this time. I thought I would be around 508-510.

As far as extracurriculars go, I have tons and tons of clinical hours/ volunteering, extracurriculars etc...

I dont know what to do now. Shoud I still apply this cycle? Should I retake my mcat this summer and still apply? Do you think I could still get into low tier DOs? Really appreciate help.

Members don't see this ad.

Medical school's aren't going anywhere. Postpone the test until you are consistently scoring a 508 or higher. I wouldn't risk taking the MCAT again in the summer to find out I got a similar score. Unless you feel you can make a 508-510, go for it. If not just study your butt off the next couple of months, and re-take it when you feel comfortable. Then apply next cycle (2019-2020) early.

Reactions: 1 user
You are probably right. It just sucks seeing everyone I was with get into med schools and me just being stuck at the same spot...