This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeknicksjets

Reaction score
Hey all, first-time poster here. I just recently to apply DO after months of going back and forth of whether I should (avg stats, ECs). Anyway, I'm in the process of gathering letters and was wondering if a LoR from my biochemistry lab coordinator would suffice as a science letter. He's not a TA or anything, and just received his Ph.D. the semester he taught me.

I feel that he could personally attest to my growth and drive towards success and might make a good fit, but don't know whether this would count/would be looked down upon by adcoms.

Any advice/thoughts appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Garbage. Even a post-doc would be garbage. The only letter of value in research is the PI letter

Reactions: 1 user
Garbage. Even a post-doc would be garbage. The only letter of value in research is the PI letter

Gotcha, it's not research though he actually taught me in a classroom setting but he isn't an actual university professor by name. Your point makes sense though, thanks!