LOR's and VMCAS

Started by remi4301
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

remi4301

Michigan 2018!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 3 LOR's already done and submitted to VMCAS, but I have 2 more that may not be done by Sept. 1st. I think I know the answer but I'm getting nervous about submitting my application 😳 I can submit my app Sept 1st and the other 2 LOR can be submitted by Oct 1st right? As long as I've got 1 LOR I can submit my app and they will start the verification process correct?
Thanks!!
 
That is correct.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having the application submitted while some eLoR's are still MIA. I told my recommenders the deadline is September 1st.

Last cycle I had one recommender wait two hours before the October deadline to submit. That was awful and I don't care to repeat it.

Also, to my knowledge you can't re-send the request e-mail once you've submitted. That bothers me a little on the off chance that someone didn't communicate properly to you about receiving it the first time.... or if some link in the e-mail is wrong... or if someone accidently deletes the e-mail. You see where I'm going with this...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is correct.

Personally, I don't like the idea of having the application submitted while some eLoR's are still MIA. I told my recommenders the deadline is September 1st.

Last cycle I had one recommender wait two hours before the October deadline to submit. That was awful and I don't care to repeat it.

Also, to my knowledge you can't re-send the request e-mail once you've submitted. That bothers me a little on the off chance that someone didn't communicate properly to you about receiving it the first time.... or if some link in the e-mail is wrong... or if someone accidently deletes the e-mail. You see where I'm going with this...
Last year, I submitted my application prior to having all of my letters of rec. I was still able to resend the requests after I had already submitted my application.