Low GPA and Received Interview Before Taking DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fitpredent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I somehow received an interview before taking the DAT. COVID has obviously put a wrinkle in admissions process in general, but I am shocked consider my low GPA (3.3overall, ~3.1science). My situation is odd as I received the interview before taking my exam, but scheduled my interview for after I take it. The school’s site says that interviewees who do not have a DAT yet will only be required to score a 16 minimum AA to be accepted. I’m wondering though, does this apply to me? Or is this too good to be true?

Members don't see this ad.

HI, I have similar stats as you! what school is this?

Reactions: 1 user
They just mean that this is their score cutoff for your application to still be considered by the admissions committee. To be competitive everywhere and give yourself the best shot at acceptance, you want to score 20+ in all areas of the DAT. But it’s true that some schools do readily accept people with lower scores depending on the candidate or situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please share the school with others and you are going to rock the DAT. Don't worry about it.

Sounds like ATSU.
Anyone hear of other schools sending interview offers before submitting DAT scores this cycle? I know there are a lot of us in that situation due to COVID closing prometric down a few months.