LSU c/o 2018 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get any news? It says they updated the status check system again today but mine still says interview :(

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get any news? It says they updated the status check system again today but mine still says interview :(
Last year mine still said interview until around lunchtime on the day they clearly stated would be the day of sending out final decisions (Feb. 20, my interview was the 5th). I was in the IS pool, though.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year mine still said interview until around lunchtime on the day they clearly stated would be the day of sending out final decisions (Feb. 20, my interview was the 5th). I was in the IS pool, though.

Hmm okay. Thanks for the info! Gives me some hope haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything? I'm being impatient lol.

I am thinking about applying to LSU. I am from Texas and I was wondering how many OOS are accepted that are not from Arkansas. Thanks and good luck to all waiting for acceptance!

Waitlisted :( this is my 3rd one this cycle. I only have 2 schools left. *sigh* To @Sandie they accept 15 OOS that are not with Arkansas. Those have their own little pool.

Waitlisted :( this is my 3rd one this cycle. I only have 2 schools left. *sigh* To @Sandie they accept 15 OOS that are not with Arkansas. Those have their own little pool.

I was waitlisted as well, and it's my 3rd also. I'm keeping up hope though! I think we have a pretty good chance of getting off of LSU's waitlist.

I was waitlisted as well, and it's my 3rd also. I'm keeping up hope though! I think we have a pretty good chance of getting off of LSU's waitlist.

waitlisted. this is my third time too...I don't know that I can wait another year :(

That's very true but still a sucky feeling at first. I, however, was waitlisted at 4 schools last year too so I'm a bit grumpy about it.

That kills my hopes a little bit :(
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to infect you with my grumpiness. I've just been on this rollercoaster too many times and I would like off of it at where I wanted. It makes me awfully cynical about the process and where I stand in it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to infect you with my grumpiness. I've just been on this rollercoaster too many times and I would like off of it at where I wanted. It makes me awfully cynical about the process and where I stand in it.

It's okay. I do hate the waitlists since you don't know where you are on them, I think that's ridiculous and kind of cruel. Were you on LSU's list last year too?

It's okay. I do hate the waitlists since you don't know where you are on them, I think that's ridiculous and kind of cruel. Were you on LSU's list last year too?
No this was my first year applying to them. I was waitlisted last year at WSU, K-State, OK-State, and U of I.

I got in!!!!!!! I think all of you have a good chance at getting in OOS!! I know three people that got in out of state when they were wait listed.

To Sandie: I am actually from Texas also. I realized that I had a much easier chance at getting into LSU than A&M, so I moved here in August, got in state residency, and now I got in. I know that it sounds crazy to move, but if its what you have to do, it makes it worth it. Oklahoma also has a great in state acceptance rate of 75%. I have heard of a lot of Texans moving there. A&M is just so competitive that it's ridiculous.

I am waitlisted too, but if you got an interview then you are in the top 50 so I think we have a good chance. I am waitlisted at another school, got rejected from one, and am still waiting to hear from another. The waiting is killer! For those of you who are in your third cycle, what have you done during the year? Have you continued your education?

My first time applying (OOS - another former Texan here!), I was waitlisted without an interview, and was offered admission in mid-May. One of my OOS classmates had the same thing happen to her last year. So don't y'all lose hope just yet. :)

My first time applying (OOS - another former Texan here!), I was waitlisted without an interview, and was offered admission in mid-May. One of my OOS classmates had the same thing happen to her last year. So don't y'all lose hope just yet. :)

Awesome! Thanks for that :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yay! I got accepted! I can't wait!!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes. I'm an Arkansas resident. How about you?

I hate updating the status check system and seeing that more OOS seats have been filled... Makes me so anxious!

So anyone know how many Arkansas alternates there usually are? I am somewhere on that list and would like to have an idea of my chances before I send in my $1000 deposit to another school.

I wish more people used the forums. They're pretty barren for the most part.

Any accepted OOS students thinking of giving up their spot? The wait is driving me crazy! I just want to know how much the alternate list is going to move by time April 15th rolls around. I really love LSU and my IS school has not mailed out letters yet and LSU is my first choice for OOS

Any accepted OOS students thinking of giving up their spot? The wait is driving me crazy! I just want to know how much the alternate list is going to move by time April 15th rolls around. I really love LSU and my IS school has not mailed out letters yet and LSU is my first choice for OOS

I'm not sure about declining acceptances, but I know that quite a few people who were waitlisted were accepted to UF and are going there

I like that they at least tell you how many acceptances they have already, but it's a bit nerve racking at the same time. Like, you know what's going on but as the number goes up you're like nooooooo. That being said, I wish more school did it.

I like that they at least tell you how many acceptances they have already, but it's a bit nerve racking at the same time. Like, you know what's going on but as the number goes up you're like nooooooo. That being said, I wish more school did it.

I have a love/hate relationship with the counter haha. But, I'm really glad it hasn't gone up much in the past few weeks!

I have a love/hate relationship with the counter haha. But, I'm really glad it hasn't gone up much in the past few weeks!
Me too. I've been stalking it ferociously since I realized its existence.

I'm not sure about declining acceptances, but I know that quite a few people who were waitlisted were accepted to UF and are going there
I am glad to know that the list will at least move lol my fear is that it won't move enough lol

Ughhh... YES! It especially makes me anxious when LSU's admissions people take a million days off so the status thing doesn't get updated! Haha
I know! I've checked it like 5 times today hoping it's been updated.

If they could update it now that would be cool...

So do we think it's safe to say that if the system doesn't get updated one day, nothing's changed? :p

So do we think it's safe to say that if the system doesn't get updated one day, nothing's changed? :p
That's my theory as well so hopefully it won't change anymore lol.