LSU New Orleans - 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an acceptance letter from LSU! I interviewed at the end of March and got a letter of "No Further Action" a month later. The letter was dated 5/13/08, I wish everyone the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations...now have fun/relax while you can........

Members don't see this ad :)
hi there, congratulations to everyone! i'm new to this forum and new to new orleans. does anyone have any thoughts on the residence halls? have any of the current students ever lived in the res hall, any cautionary tales for someone that's interested? any input would really be appreciated!

I lived in the res hall (perdido) all 2nd yr and loved how easy it was to roll out of bed a few minutes before class (if I went) or the parking under the building that is guarded....the whole place is locked down now with access with programmed ID's. Can't beat the price!!!!!!! I shared a 2 bedroom apt with a classmate for I think around $400 each a month with free utilities.

It ain't uptown or the warehouse district which is $$$$$.

good luck. I also posted some available houses for rent in lakeview which is a safe area....would be great for 3-5 student group together to keep cost down (each have own room too). Several of my classmates lived like this and had alot od fun.

Does anyone know anything about the Big Buddy Program? I know we were assigned a M1 adviser once we got in to guide us as we prepare for med school. I think we also get a adviser (Big Buddy) once we enter med school. Does anyone have any info on this? Basically I am trying to find out when do we find out who they are and if we or they can pick or are they assigned? Thanks.

Did everyone get assigned an M1 adviser? I haven't gotten anything like that and I was accepted in February. :confused:

Does anyone know if the class is full? do you think there will be anymore movement or just waitlist letters?

Although rare, it has happened for a few of my classmates.....read 2talls story!!!

Congrats to all those who've been accepted...pretty exciting ain't it!

To those still waiting for a definitive response be patient and remain hopeful. I interviewed on March 29th and didn't hear an official word that I'd been accepted until the first week in June.

See you guys in August. I just recieved my acceptance letter today! WHOOO!!!!

They going to win the world series this year?

How much you have left to ms-3? I took peds shelf today....just 4 weeks of family then I am a L-4(ms-4)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys, I just found out I was accepeted to LSU NO. I am way excited, but I dont know what i should do next. I sent in my $100 deposit, but is there anything more I should do? Did you guys already recieve info? If not did they say when they would be sending it out? See you all in August!!!!:D

You should just be enjoying your accomplishment! The school will send you a ton of information in the mail. They know you're waiting for it.

I imagine you could start thinking about where you will live. If you haven't found a place and the dorm list is too long, I posted the information of a guy that is renting houses in Lakeview. Perfect if you can get together with a few other med students.

Feel free to email/ IM me for more specific questions.

[email protected]-

Hey Guys, I just found out I was accepeted to LSU NO. I am way excited, but I dont know what i should do next. I sent in my $100 deposit, but is there anything more I should do? Did you guys already recieve info? If not did they say when they would be sending it out? See you all in August!!!!:D

Hey everyone,

I am planning a trip to New Orleans next week to check out student housing. Does anyone know what student housing is like? I am interested in the 2 bed room apartments. Are they safe? How big are they? What are the pros and cons of living in them? Ect.

The student housing apts are very safe. You need an ID card programmed to a room to get up the elevators or into staircases.....24 hour guard....skywalks around campus...you saw them on tour right? I lived 2 bedroom apt for all of 2nd yr....and first block of 3rd yr.....and liked it and saved a huge amount of cash..........

PM me for any specific questions you have...or email [email protected]

Hey everyone,

I am planning a trip to New Orleans next week to check out student housing. Does anyone know what student housing is like? I am interested in the 2 bed room apartments. Are they safe? How big are they? What are the pros and cons of living in them? Ect.

I just got a call today! I'm in! I am so excited.

Can anyone tell me when orientation/classes start?

I just got a call today! I'm in! I am so excited.

Can anyone tell me when orientation/classes start?

Registration and orientation is August 7th and 8th and classes begin Aug 11th.

Congradulations and see you in August!

Does anyone know if we get our class/exam schedule sometime before registration, or do we have to wait until the 7th?

Damn man....you ready to start studying or something? You won't know anything about tests until you actually start classes.

BTW if there is some awesome event/game/concert that you are dying to go to...chances are the test will be the day after.....so you have to choose to either knock off studying...or give up on that special event. It always seemed like my tests were scheduled to make me miss big games at LSU or big concert events.

Anyways....good luck with 1st yr...you are going to have fun!

Does anyone know if we get our class/exam schedule sometime before registration, or do we have to wait until the 7th?

Damn man....you ready to start studying or something? You won't know anything about tests until you actually start classes.

BTW if there is some awesome event/game/concert that you are dying to go to...chances are the test will be the day after.....so you have to choose to either knock off studying...or give up on that special event. It always seemed like my tests were scheduled to make me miss big games at LSU or big concert events.

Anyways....good luck with 1st yr...you are going to have fun!

Haha. I am actually maid of honor in my best friend's wedding in New Hampshire on the last Friday of August, so I wanted to see what I would be missing. How do they generally look at missing class for things like that?

Haha. I am actually maid of honor in my best friend's wedding in New Hampshire on the last Friday of August, so I wanted to see what I would be missing. How do they generally look at missing class for things like that?

You should be safe....I think tests in first yr are typically at least 6 weeks apart. You can take the Friday off. I would just let you tank mates know that you won't be around for gross anatomy that day (for gross lab).

If you ave a small group session that day, make sure you let your small group leader know so that you can make it up with a group that meets on a different day.

I hope you are having fun this summer...before you start. Med school is time-consuming however, you'll find time for friends and fun times....good luck!

Have they given you a big buddy yet?

-Mike-

I saw the laptops they are issuing y'all when I went to Computer Services to drop off my Gateway piece-of-chit. Your computers are nice and I am jealous.