You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Maryland Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Now, deadline is march 1st I believe. Also add all schools you are waiting to hear back from as well.Does anyone know when to start applying for FAFSA? And if I am waiting to hear back from other schools too, what should I do when applying for FAFSA?
Thanks in advance!
What made you choose maryland over michigan. I heard michigan is a great school.I just submitted my second deposit and sent them the second deposit form. I have officially chosen to attend University of Maryland. I have also sent them all of my transcripts. Is there any sort of confirmation that everything is in order? UMich has a spread sheet that updates in real time so you always know if the university got it or not.
Is the matriculation path set in stone now? I don't want to be in a situation where suddenly Maryland springs new requirements on me after I drop Michigan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
instate possibility so the high cost doesn't hurt as bad, good clinical reputation, UMaryland still has a lot of prestige, I can immediately attend and spend the next 6 months resting before dental school. Michigan is good but I could really do with the free time/later start date
wolf30
Full Member
Most affordable place. Debt is no fun. And affordable living.I am having a really hard time choosing between temple and Maryland. Any input will be appreciated
Surgery&Science
New Member
Hey everyone! I just sent in my 1st deposit and have withdrawn from other schools' offers to attend the University of Maryland this Fall! I am beyond excited for all it, especially to meet all of you who decide to matriculate here. Is there a Facebook group or other forum for accepted UMD students to connect? If not, do you think it's possible for us to start one? Would love to connect with all of you committing to Maryland!
futureDDStobe
New Member
what is chance of being accepted at UMD interview? Also, does anyone know how soon they send out interview decisions for post-December interviews? Does it typically take a few days or weeks?
wolf30
Full Member
someone asked this question during my interview a week ago (last wed) and the admissions faculty said maybe around jan 15th, after the first deadline for deposits, but she didn't sound super confident so who knows, hopefully soon.what is chance of being accepted at UMD interview? Also, does anyone know how soon they send out interview decisions for post-December interviews? Does it typically take a few days or weeks?
Facebook Groups here ya goHey everyone! I just sent in my 1st deposit and have withdrawn from other schools' offers to attend the University of Maryland this Fall! I am beyond excited for all it, especially to meet all of you who decide to matriculate here. Is there a Facebook group or other forum for accepted UMD students to connect? If not, do you think it's possible for us to start one? Would love to connect with all of you committing to Maryland!
anyone get a confirmation email after sending in their form and deposit?
Yes I didanyone get a confirmation email after sending in their form and deposit?
futureDDStobe
New Member
when did you guys receive the zoom link after registering for the interview?
I received the link 3 days after registeringwhen did you guys receive the zoom link after registering for the interview?
Anyone got accepted post Dec 15th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's no way to give an exact chance. If you received an interview you know they are at least somewhat interested. You will likely know within weeks. When I interviewed post dec at MUSC last cycle people in my cohort found out within a weekwhat is chance of being accepted at UMD interview? Also, does anyone know how soon they send out interview decisions for post-December interviews? Does it typically take a few days or weeks?
When do they let ppl who interviewed know if they were waitlisted/rejected
Im gonna be real, your chances aren't looking good if you interviewed in October and didn't hear back on Dec 15th. Likely means you're waitlisted or rejectedI interviewed back in October and haven’t heard back, wondering if anyone knows if that means my chances now to get an acceptance are lowered since many others have had interviews since.
Probably not until March. I didn't hear about a post-dec rejection until then last cycleWhen do they let ppl who interviewed know if they were waitlisted/rejected
Anyone got a decision recently?
Wondering the same thing . . .Anyone got a decision recently?
WooooooooowProbably not until March. I didn't hear about a post-dec rejection until then last cycle
Hi, I'm assuming you had your interview with maryland. Did they say anything about when they will be announcing acceptances?Did anyone get into the zoom interview now? I am still waiting for the host to let me in
Not me 🙁Anyone with a January interview hear back yet?
Be yourself, smile, have a good conversation and be prepared to talk about yourself.I received an invitation today surprisingly. Interview is going to be on Feb 2nd via Zoom.
Any tips?
3.9 GPA | 3.9 sGPA | 24AA | 25 PAT
Has anyone been interviewed after the 15th of Dec, receive a decision yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fixngteeth
Full Member
Not yet🙁Has anyone been interviewed after the 15th of Dec, receive a decision yet?
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
I interviewed in September and my status is still "Invited for Interview". I am not even on the waitlist. Does it mean a rejection? Do I still have a slight chance? 🙁
My friend last year interviewed in one of the first groups to be interviewed early in the cycle, was ghosted with no updates all the way until after March when he got accepted out of the blue. You never know what’s going on with Maryland. Currently, their Facebook group holds 40% new accepted students and 60% current D1. This is bc they do that program called “Your Big”, which they link students year ahead of you to ease your transition into each school year. So far Maryland looks very behind on their admission process 🙁I interviewed in September and my status is still "Invited for Interview". I am not even on the waitlist. Does it mean a rejection? Do I still have a slight chance? 🙁
Last edited:
Mr. Handsome boy
Full Member
Thank you for your information. It gives me a little hope.My friend last year interviewed in one of the first groups to be interviewed early in the cycle, was ghosted with no updates all the way until after March when he got accepted out of the blue. You never know what’s going on with Maryland. Currently, their Facebook group holds 40% new accepted students and 60% current D1. This is bc they do that program called “Your Big”, which they link students year ahead of you to ease your transition into each school year. So far Maryland looks very behind on their admission process 🙁
Not a clue from anyone Ikmore acceptances being sent out today??? 🤔🤔
camillealexander97
New Member
I got my acceptance today!! I interviewed Jan 13th.
Just got an email half an hour ago as well. Interviewed on the 6th of Jan!
camillealexander97
New Member
Thank you! I got it around 12:30PM this afternoon.Congrats! did you get an email early morning?
One by one is my thought seeing how ppl got their emailsCongrats! I am wondering if they send out in batches or one by one
wepping123
New Member
I got accepted guys. I am happy to see you all next Fall 🥳
wepping123
New Member
yesss I got accepted. Happy to see you guys all next Fall 🥰🥳
wepping123
New Member
Jan 13th. My interview was long like 45 mins, got asked a lot of questions.congrats. when did you interview?
wepping123
New Member
I once asked them how long is the wait to get the notice. They said they were on rolling admission. Looks like people who got interview from Dec to the first half of Jan got news. I wish you the best and don’t lose hope.
My interviews not until tomorrow but I got an email for creating an account with them. Do I have to complete this prior to the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try to do all what they asked you to bc makes u look more seriously interested than others!My interviews not until tomorrow but I got an email for creating an account with them. Do I have to complete this prior to the interview?
pearlywhites_77
Full Member
I just got an interview invite this morning! I was wondering if anyone here could offer any advice 🙂
If my aadsas portal still says invited for interview and I interviewed in October and didn't hear anything back should I assume I am on the waitlist?
I guess so, mine changed from invited to under review the day I received acceptanceIf my aadsas portal still says invited for interview and I interviewed in October and didn't hear anything back should I assume I am on the waitlist?
pearlywhites_77
Full Member
March 3I just got an interview invite too! when is yours?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K