Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Yeah hope shouldn’t run out even if u get waitlisted. I got off a waitlist before Maryland accepted me, so now I got to pick do I stay near but pay 💰 or go out and pay less tuition but with living and stuff eventually even out.
well what are your plans after finishing school? wanna stay in your home state or move? look at cost of living for both schools before you decide. I dont wanna be rude but its just my opinion

Members don't see this ad.

well what are your plans after finishing school? wanna stay in your home state or move? look at cost of living for both schools before you decide. I dont wanna be rude but its just my opinion
I would stay home if I accept the instate school, I could commute. I’m also taking into account the rent, food and also the trips back and forth from Maryland to my state. Plus after all that both schools I’m adding like a 10k possible extra feee that I keep hearing

Like ik you can return to your normal state if you want after but I can’t find info on the process so I got to wait until Monday to call and ask

Members don't see this ad :)
No waitlist yet because spots are still open and more spots are getting empty as people drop their seats; the class is not full yet and I spoke to someone in the admissions department in-person

New offers are being sent so I would say that we gotta be a little patient

God willing I hope we all hear positive news

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
No waitlist yet because spots are still open and more spots are getting empty as people drop their seats; the class is not full yet and I spoke to someone in the admissions department in-person

New offers are being sent so I would say that we gotta be a little patient

God willing I hope we all hear positive news
Thanks for your reply!

Like ik you can return to your normal state if you want after but I can’t find info on the process so I got to wait until Monday to call and ask
You are so bless…If it’s not much of a difference I would pick a school that offers a lot of clinical experience and high board passing rates

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah hope shouldn’t run out even if u get waitlisted. I got off a waitlist before Maryland accepted me, so now I got to pick do I stay near but pay or go out and pay less tuition but with living and stuff eventually even out.

Can I pm if you don’t mind?

for some reason I feel like wednesday, thursday, and friday are the days when acceptances are sent out

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This week is Easter, most likely not going to hear anything…..

• Hmm
I don’t think Easter will make a difference. The school is still open today and tomorrow.

I don’t think Easter will make a difference. The school is still open today and tomorrow.
Well idk, tomorrow stock market, bank’s all government sectors closed, most private sectors closed as well. Public school in my area closed tomorrow and Monday because easter is on Sunday. Texas a&m closed and I believe all universities as well. It’s just a major holiday. I know universities respect it because it’s a religious celebration 🎊

• Hmm
ACCEPTED TODAY @ 9:18 PST!! Interviewed on January 26, but guys please remember, your dreams will come true, just don’t give up for even a second!! I was waitlisted at UMSOD last year this day and now a year later, my patience finally paid off. Your turns are imminent as well I promise ❤️🙏❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
I feel like that was the last batch of acceptances before waitlist no? Feel like waitlists start rolling out Monday.

ACCEPTED TODAY @ 9:18 PST!! Interviewed on January 26, but guys please remember, dreams come true, just don’t give up for even a second!! I was waitlisted at UMSOD last year this day and a year later, my patience finally paid off, your turns are imminent as well I promise ❤️🙏❤️
I’ve been seeing your posts for the past couple years. I don’t know you personally yet I can’t tell you how happy I am for you!!!

Your positive attitude throughout this process is remarkable. You’re going to be a very good dentist.

C/O 2028 let’s gooo

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED TODAY @ 9:18 PST!! Interviewed on January 26, but guys please remember, dreams come true, just don’t give up for even a second!! I was waitlisted at UMSOD last year this day and a year later, my patience finally paid off, your turns are imminent as well I promise ❤️🙏❤️
Congratulations you are incredibly patient person. I m very happy for you and wish you all the best. Who knows someday we might come across. Please 🙏 keep in touch

• Care
I know you been through alot while waiting. Finally you are rewarded. A very deserved indeed

• Care
ACCEPTED TODAY @ 9:18 PST!! Interviewed on January 26, but guys please remember, your dreams will come true, just don’t give up for even a second!! I was waitlisted at UMSOD last year this day and now a year later, my patience finally paid off. Your turns are imminent as well I promise ❤️🙏❤️
Question how much time they gave you and any contracts or fine print that came with it. Would appreciate if you can provide some information lol 😝

• Care
ACCEPTED TODAY @ 9:18 PST!! Interviewed on January 26, but guys please remember, dreams come true, just don’t give up for even a second!! I was waitlisted at UMSOD last year this day, and a year later, my patience finally paid off, your turns are imminent as well I promise ❤️🙏❤️
Congrats man. You’ve been so supportive to those on this thread, glad to see it worked out for you!

• Care
Congrats man. You’ve been so supportive to those on this thread, glad to see it worked out for you!
Thank you all for the kind remarks, it’s my joy to help bring a little bit of positivity and hope however I can. It’s such a grueling process, we need each other 🙏

• Care
Question how much time they gave you and any contracts or fine print that came with it. Would appreciate if you can provide some information lol 😝
ADEA traffic rules are very specific
applicants must be given 15 days to reply
deadlines may be shortened after april 15...

So according to the contract and offer they sent me, the first deposit is due when you sign the contract of acceptance. The second deposit is due before April 12. You can choose to pay them separately or together, but they both have to be paid prior to noon on April 12

ADEA traffic rules are very specific
applicants must be given 15 days to reply
deadlines may be shortened after april 15...
Thanks for your information. Conversely, what happens when a person decided not attend the school after the deposit is paid, I know they will lose the deposit and what else…

So according to the contract and offer they sent me, the first deposit is due when you sign the contract of acceptance. The second deposit is due before April 12. You can choose to pay them separately or together, but they both have to be paid prior to noon on April 12
Thanks for your detailed information, greatly appreciated

• Care
Honestly speaking Im pretty sure 16-20 seats are left. More seats will open if people decline their seat before the April 12 deadline

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly speaking Im pretty sure 16-20 seats are left. More seats will open if people decline their seat before the April 12 deadline
most schools, but especially a public, would be foolish to have anywhere near that many seats open in april
some private schools like usc and the midwesterns may have more...

i mean waitlists haven't rolled out yet so that does mean there’s multiple seats open. Usually when there’s only 3-5 seats they start waitlisting people. There hasn’t been any communication since end of March and April first week is passing by, I expect them to have some solid acceptances batch out after April 12th. This time last year, they rolled out all the waitlists end of March.

Baltimore isn’t at the top of people’s lists of where they want to go to school and the price isn’t insanely cheaper compared to other schools. I’ve had multiple friends turn down their UMD offer just cuz they found cheaper or flashier schools. Regardless, I feel like UMD has great education, but at the end of the day the cheapest schools will get you the same degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
i mean waitlists haven't rolled out yet so that does mean there’s multiple seats open. Usually when there’s only 3-5 seats they start waitlisting people. There hasn’t been any communication since end of March and April first week is passing by, I expect them to have some solid acceptances batch out after April 12th. This time last year, they rolled out all the waitlists end of March.

Baltimore isn’t at the top of people’s lists of where they want to go to school and the price isn’t insanely cheaper compared to other schools. I’ve had multiple friends turn down their UMD offer just cuz they found cheaper or flashier schools. Regardless, I feel like UMD has great education, but at the end of the day the cheapest schools will get you the same degree.
Not sure if you are re applicant. If so what you do waiting for acceptance

Not sure if you are re applicant. If so what you do waiting for acceptance
1st time applicant actually, just waiting for a response from UMD. Prepping for next cycle right now just incase stuff doesn’t work out.

1st time applicant actually, just waiting for a response from UMD. Prepping for next cycle right now just incase stuff doesn’t work out.
If it’s not confidential 🤫 please tell us your stat and where you completed undergrad. If it’s confidential I understand no problem. I like to know who am I talking too.

If it’s not confidential 🤫 please tell us your stat and where you completed undergrad. If it’s confidential I understand no problem. I like to know who am I talking too.
Check your pm!

i spoke directly with the admissions dept and they told me they have an estimate of 16-22 seats now available. Last offer they sent was on friday and those people have until april 12 to make both deposits. Waitlist is still being made so keep your hopes up!

Waitlist should be finalized soon

My guess is the Friday is when they send out emails

Reactions: 2 users
i spoke directly with the admissions dept and they told me they have an estimate of 16-22 seats now available. Last offer they sent was on friday and those people have until april 12 to make both deposits. Waitlist is still being made so keep your hopes up!

Waitlist should be finalized soon

My guess is the Friday is when they send out emails
Yea thats what they told me too when I called yesterday. 16-22 seats is like alot. They need to give out 25-30 offers to fill those.

Reactions: 1 users

^^ I was right on the spot. Just hoping they give out more outright accpetances rather than a ranked waitlist before they continue.