Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I understand the position we’re all in, it’s not easy one, but the reason why I still have hope, and I don’t say it’s over until it’s over because last year this exact same time (March 21 & 22), two kids announced on SDN they were accepted into UMSOD. Who knows if it was more than just two, so until we get that official letter, anything can happen
yes, it makes sense that last year 3/21 and 3/22 were the people that were replacing the 3/20 deadline peeps...

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve been stalking this thread bc this is the second time I interviewed with this school.
My interviewer said at the end “ hopefully we’ll see you next year” but no notification since. Yes realistically I would say if you haven’t got into a program at all, to consider improving for the next application. But people get off waitlist too, especially for OOS students. I know all of you will become dentists in the near future

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I’ve been stalking this thread bc this is the second time I interviewed with this school.
My interviewer said at the end “ hopefully we’ll see you next year” but no notification since. Yes realistically I would say if you haven’t got into a program at all, to consider improving for the next application. But people get off waitlist too, especially for OOS students. I know all of you will become dentists in the near future
I only had one interview this cycle from 10 schools I applied too. Some rejection and ghosted. I need to apply to more schools next cycle. One thing I know from research is that all interviews will make you very comfortable. After the interviews candidates were so happy thinking they did well but not get accepted. Hope they would let people know so we improve for next cycle.....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Woah ten is a lot of schools! would def look into your application stats and personal statement.
I asked all my interviewers what they’re looking for in a prospective student. All 5 answered that they’re looking for someone who can hold a conversation and motivated to help the community. Ended up getting in my second choice with that in mind. All tips from D4s I spoke to was “be yourself”
I only had one interview this cycle from 10 schools I applied too. Some rejection and ghosted. I need to apply to more schools next cycle. One thing I know from research is that all interviews will make you very comfortable. After the interviews candidates were so happy thinking they did well but not get accepted. Hope they would let people know so we improve for next cycle.....

Woah ten is a lot of schools! would def look into your application stats and personal statement.
I asked all my interviewers what they’re looking for in a prospective student. All 5 answered that they’re looking for someone who can hold a conversation and motivated to help the community. Ended up getting in my second choice with that in mind. All tips from D4s I spoke to was “be yourself”
I suspect its my essay and DAT. DAT 21AA with pat 17 really hurts me. cgpa:3.7, sgpa:3.62 as of january; graduating this may from biology. Did you ask the question during you interview (ANSWERED ABOVER) with ad com or from d4 that you know them personally. I am sure most candidates can hold conversation and help communities like i see in sdn yet they still cant get in. Some even hold masters degree (maybe the wrong degree not what they looking for) Its a very mysterious process kinda like VODOOOOOOOOOOOO...................

Last edited:
I suspect its my essay and DAT. DAT 21AA with pat 17 really hurts me. cgpa:3.7, sgpa:3.62 as of january; graduating this may from biology. Did you ask the question during you interview (ANSWERED ABOVER) with ad com or from d4 that you know them personally. I am sure most candidates can hold conversation and help communities like i see in sdn yet they still cant get in. Some even hold masters degree (maybe the wrong degree not what they looking for) Its a very mysterious process kinda like VODOOOOOOOOOOOO...................
Yes, I asked during the interviews and everyone was very forthcoming with their answers. I believe it helps to give specific example how you have add to dentistry or community long term and not for application, and be able to talk about it. I also chose specific schools that match my mission statement. I do hold a master degree and very non traditional student so I also think that helped me tremendously. I think the process is very transparent and can be frustrating. I hope you get to hear good news regardless

Last edited:
Yes, I asked during the interviews and everyone was very forthcoming with their answers. I believe it helps to give specific example how you have add to dentistry or community long term and not for application, and be able to talk about it. I also chose specific schools that match my mission statement. I do hold a master degree and very non traditional student so I also think that helped me tremendously. I think the process is very transparent and can be frustrating. I hope you get to hear good news regardless
yes i m planning to take a master in biomedical science and continue to apply. there is no telling when they are going to accept me. Also dat definitely needs improvement, but i got to be very careful not to retake and score less. That would be detrimental to my application. what is you masters in if you dont mind sharing and you stat. if its personal you can message me in private. it only make sense to take master while waiting for this darn thing. at least in the end something is accomplished instead of do nothing.

I did all of that give specific examples, connect with ad com, talk about hobbies he had in common with me, all of that doesnt matter in the end i didnt get accepted. I camped out here do my fair share of research for long time

Last edited:
you still have not filled out a WAMC template...

I did all of that give specific examples, connect with ad com, talk about hobbies he had in common with me, all of that doesnt matter in the end i didnt get accepted. I camped out here do my fair share of research for long time
I also would add that to keep in mind that they’re also looking for a cohesive class where everyone can get along, not just a group of people with just a certain scores. Wherever you end up, it’s will be great. Trust the process

Members don't see this ad :)
I also would add that to keep in mind that they’re also looking for a cohesive class where everyone can get along, not just a group of people with just a certain scores. Wherever you end up, it’s will be great. Trust the process
i agree somewhat with you but not wholly. theorectically the ad com wants that. realistically i have seen people here with stat meeting requirement and had masters very decent and helpful person not getting accepted. that really changed my perspective on ad com

you mentioned this before, this is the 2nd time you mentioned. is this required. i dont feel like filling it out
not required at all
but if you want advice on your school list and what could improve your chances of success, it can be helpful...

i agree somewhat with you but not wholly. theorectically the ad com wants that. realistically i have seen people here with stat meeting requirement and had masters very decent and helpful person not getting accepted. that really changed my perspective on ad com
have you read this article?
the author has been at multiple professional schools serving on adcoms...

have you read this article?
the author has been at multiple professional schools serving on adcoms...

thanks for you info; that i already seen and read thru including the dental application guide; pretty much whats on sdn i have seen

not required at all
but if you want advice on your school list and what could improve your chances of success, it can be helpful...
thanks i know exactly what i need to do for next cycle. it might be alittle late such as retaking dat because the cycle starts soon; thats the only thing i m worry about; prolly wont reflect on this coming cycle cause i wanna apply early

Accepted today, OOS, interviewed in Feb! I've been lurking on this thread for a while. As a reapplicant myself, all I can say is to not give up hope.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I’m always told that Pat is looked at quite highly

Accepted today, OOS, interviewed in Feb! I've been lurking on this thread for a while. As a reapplicant myself, all I can say is to not give up hope.
I agree with you totally. I m just flabbergasted when i see someone from my school with gpa 3.5 without organic chem got accepted with only one interview, same dat score as me. I outright was rejected w/o interview.
you are absolutely correct, which is why need to retake dat which will take another 3 months at least to prepare; while making sure my aa won’t slide. Might not be able to make this coming cycle 2025.

Just got accepted today, interviewed beginning of February. OOS. Declined my offer. Good luck everyone, hope one of you guys get the offer!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted today, interviewed beginning of February. OOS. Declined my offer. Good luck everyone, hope one of you guys get the offer!

Why did you decline if you don’t mind me asking? I thought Maryland was a good school

can anyone share the link for UMSOD 2028 Group me? Thank you

I agree with you totally. I m just flabbergasted when i see someone from my school with gpa 3.5 without organic chem got accepted with only one interview, same dat score as me. I outright was rejected w/o interview.

you are absolutely correct, which is why need to retake dat which will take another 3 months at least to prepare; while making sure my aa won’t slide. Might not be able to make this coming cycle 2025.
You should be able to, you can apply with this current DAT and then always add the new one in August, September time and you will still be “on track”

while for most schools it is weighed heavily against other sections, that isn’t the case for every school. in an advising meeting with Kentucky they told me straight up they don’t put a lot of weight on PAT bc they recognize “holding a real, 3D object is completely different than looking at a 2D image.” Every school is so different

• Love
while for most schools it is weighed heavily against other sections, that isn’t the case for every school. in an advising meeting with Kentucky they told me straight up they don’t put a lot of weight on PAT bc they recognize “holding a real, 3D object is completely different than looking at a 2D image.” Every school is so different
Same thing with Midwestern AZ. The dean told me there’s been research done that said PAT has no correlation to clinic skills, so they don’t put a lot of weight on it.

• Love
Just got accepted !!!!! Email 5:12pm. Interviewed 12/13. Keep believing everyone

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
It is clear to me now they rank candidates according to their scores overall and put them in order who is next in line. I wish they would announced the listing so people know instead of waiting anxiously. I already move on after a period of denial…

• Sad
Few people that were accepted recently had multiple acceptance elsewhere. Wandering if they pay the deposit and any contract came with it

• Hmm
It is clear to me now they rank candidates according to their scores overall and put them in order who is next in line. I wish they would announced the listing so people know instead of waiting anxiously. I already move on after a period of denial…
Yes most schools do this, it’s frustrating bc as an advisor told me all schools want the same kids so they find out later liek know that those people won’t go to their school. I have until April to say yes or no, so there may be more movement then

• Care
Yes most schools do this, it’s frustrating bc as an advisor told me all schools want the same kids so they find out later liek know that those people won’t go to their school. I have until April to say yes or no, so there may be more movement then
Nice of you to reply. 🙏 Thank you. Is that 2 weeks to reply. Any contract or agreement that goes with the deposit. I have no doubt this school is most people want to go badly. First is cheap for IS and OS. Secondly is the first dental school in the world. Yes to those waiting definitely have hope….

Why did you decline if you don’t mind me asking? I thought Maryland was a good school
Maryland is a great school and I’m very honored to be accepted. However, like another comment has mentioned I have committed and made plans to attend my state school already, so I thought I’d stick to it.

Reactions: 3 users
Nice of you to reply. 🙏 Thank you. Is that 2 weeks to reply. Any contract or agreement that goes with the deposit. I have no doubt this school is most people want to go badly. First is cheap for IS and OS. Secondly is the first dental school in the world. Yes to those waiting definitely have hope….
Yeah hope shouldn’t run out even if u get waitlisted. I got off a waitlist before Maryland accepted me, so now I got to pick do I stay near but pay 💰 or go out and pay less tuition but with living and stuff eventually even out.

• Hmm