Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Accepted on 3/6, interviewed on 11/14

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Emailed at 4:12pm.

Best of luck to everyone. Been waiting since November and was starting to lose hope. this truly is not over yet…
I’ve been in the waiting game for good amount of time as well, since September actually. This gives me hope!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
without interview?
When did you apply….
Amazing to hear! What time did they email you?
Here is my 2 cents on why they go back and accept people interview on November
Accepted on 3/6, interviewed on 11/14
Congrats! Dont think i will come to this school because of the fact I have not been interview. Therefore my chance of coming here is 0. Has anyone wandered why they go back to accept people interview in Nov. Is that mean they dont have anyone scoring higher than this person interview Nov. Its telling till now the ad com didnt find anyone better than this person therefore this person is accepted. Correct me if I m wrong. I m open to debate on this. I m always curious because I seen in other schools doing this accepting people interview last year

When did you apply….

Here is my 2 cents on why they go back and accept people interview on November

Congrats! Dont think i will come to this school because of the fact I have not been interview. Therefore my chance of coming here is 0. Has anyone wandered why they go back to accept people interview in Nov. Is that mean they dont have anyone scoring higher than this person interview Nov. Its telling till now the ad com didnt find anyone better than this person therefore this person is accepted. Correct me if I m wrong. I m open to debate on this. I m always curious because I seen in other schools doing this accepting people interview last year
Congrats dentalstudent267! I am most certainly sure he was on the waitlist like many of us and that the school hasn't announce that waitlist yet. Someone with similar stats to dentalstudent267 dropped their seat and that is how he got the acceptance. It's not that school didn't find anyone better. Applying to the school shows the adcom our desire to attend the school and interviewing at the school tells us that they like us too. All I know is that it's good news for all of us that have not heard back yet. I am still gonna be hopeful.

Congrats dentalstudent267!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats dentalstudent267! I am most certainly sure he was on the waitlist like many of us and that the school hasn't announce that waitlist yet. Someone with similar stats to dentalstudent267 dropped their seat and that is how he got the acceptance. It's not that school didn't find anyone better. Applying to the school shows the adcom our desire to attend the school and interviewing at the school tells us that they like us too. All I know is that it's good news for all of us that have not heard back yet. I am still gonna be hopeful.

Congrats dentalstudent267!

Doesn’t that mean the class is pretty much full? Because why else would admissions send out acceptances to the “unofficial waitlist” when someone dropped their seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn’t that mean the class is pretty much full? Because why else would admissions send out acceptances to the “unofficial waitlist” when someone dropped their seat?
Based off the conversation that I had with a D4 is that class is not full until classes officially start. He said they try to fill class, but also have alternatives for each seat they give. He did mention that more OOS people drop their seat for their IS school. IS applicants drop their seat if they like another school or for some personal reason. He told me that an IS applicant he interviewed dropped their seat for university of michigan. If you have an acceptance from your state school and maryland is OOS then it makes sense to drop your seat before whatever deadline they give you. He did tell me that this year is slightly different from previous years due to being post-covid.

another aspect you should look at is that the adcom already ranked people based on their interview. If I was in the adcom I would pick someone from the rankings to replace with the dropped seat rather than to interview a new person, discuss about him/her, make a new ranking. Doing an interview session means that they gotta invite at least 80 people and rank them after the interview. This seems like more of a hassle in my opinion.

Last edited:
most dental schools, especially the publics, have been pretty much full for weeks now...

Folks, ADEA just finished its annual meeting this week in New Orleans where they had their in-person recruitment fair. That's where I usually find out from my peers in admissions if their classes were filled.

I'm not there so I can't confirm anything.

Please read...

Reactions: 2 users
I got into maryland Todayyyyy!!! I interviewed 1/10. The waiting game sucks but just believe guys. My stats are not the best but I believed and let God do his works. 3.4 19AA 20TS. I am so gratefulllll

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
I got into maryland Todayyyyy!!! I interviewed 1/10. The waiting game sucks but just believe guys. My stats are not the best but I believed and let God do his works. 3.4 19AA 20TS. I am so gratefulllll
Are you IS or OOS

Huge huge congrats!! Giving hope to all of us, god willing more answers coming soon, but has anyone else heard anything else since?

Huge huge congrats!! Giving hope to all of us, god willing more answers coming soon, but has anyone else heard anything else since?
I haven’t heard anything, but im assuming if we don’t get anything by 3/31, we should expect a waitlist email?

Ima assume they try to fill their final spots those last 2 weeks, it follows the flow of other schools tbh

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many spots are left?

Wonder if the class is full rn! Submitted my second app in Nov, but never heard back from them

Wonder if the class is full rn! Submitted my second app in Nov, but never heard back from them
Regarding interviews it may be difficulty to figure out , not fully sure if they are still interviewing or just reviewing past interviews

Anyone know if offers are being sent out this week?

Safe to assume no more interviews? I received a secondary application in mid January and haven't heard back since then

Safe to assume no more interviews? I received a secondary application in mid January and haven't heard back since then
I would sadly have to say ur probably right, the way Maryland does it Admissions is very strange. They don’t make a waiting list in December they make it in these next few weeks, so it’s safe to say there’s a lot of individuals that have been interviewed and haven’t heard anything still. It’s safe to assume mid March interviews are done and waitlist move slowly

Plus a secondary doesn’t always yield an interview, my instate school ended up not intervening me and sending me a reject 2 ish months after sending me secondaries.

Agreed, people are as stressed as can be rn. As Mac said give it the last 2 weeks of March and the beginning of April. Keep hope alive but an open mind!
i never said april
movement after friday will be less common and sporadic up until the first week of school
by this weekend, you will need to start getting prepared to reapply...

Plus a secondary doesn’t always yield an interview, my instate school ended up not intervening me and sending me a reject 2 ish months after sending me secondaries.
Boys and gals recommended to move on and strengthen your application for next cycle. I said this with total sadness but we got to move on. If it comes cheers.,…

i never said april
movement after friday will be less common and sporadic up until the first week of school
by this weekend, you will need to start getting prepared to reapply...
At least I wasn't insane for what I typed (then deleted lol..). I accepted the fact it's GGs and it was a good run (for now :D). I believe waitlist is imminent due to the events that took place these past two weeks and recognizing what month we are in.

I'm just grateful I have a school to go to even though this program was one of my top choices.

At least I wasn't insane for what I typed (then deleted lol..). I accepted the fact it's GGs and it was a good run (for now :D). I believe waitlist is imminent due to the events that took place these past two weeks and recognizing what month we are in.

I'm just grateful I have a school to go to even though this program was one of my top choices.
I understand the position we’re all in, it’s not easy one, but the reason why I still have hope, and I don’t say it’s over until it’s over because last year this exact same time (March 21 & 22), two kids announced on SDN they were accepted into UMSOD. Who knows if it was more than just two, so until we get that official letter, anything can happen

Hope we all get what we deserve