Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does Maryland send rejection letter after interview? My interview was 1/10 and heard nothing yet..

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview in november and I still haven't heard back yet

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview: #2
Notification date: 1/16 (submitted secondary on 12/26)
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.0 Overall: 3.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 20 PAT, 21 RC, yes
Method of interview: Virtual
Non-traditional student. D1 Athlete. 4000+ hours dental assisting two GP’s and Endo/Perio. 1000+ community service hours.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh they gave you an interview with a section below 17? :D . I have a 15 QR ;O :(. So far 2 schools accepted me with that QR so I don't think its an ultimate deal breaker :D
Ha, at least you got accepted to schools while I’m here waiting for at least an interview 😭

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
i have a friend who submitted Jan 9 and received yesterday. I received on Jan 16 and submitted 19 then ghosted

Members don't see this ad :)
someone above who submitted 18 and received yesterday.
you aren't being ghosted
sorry, but the schools do not have the time or money to keep everyone constantly updated...

you aren't being ghosted
sorry, but the schools do not have the time or money to keep everyone constantly updated...
Bingo, and something to keep in mind is that Maryland conducts interviews in February as well, I’m not sure about March, but I do know this process is far from over

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a way to find out how many seats they have given out? like a facebook group or groupme, I know it's not reliable but helps me gauge how the school functions

Is there a way to find out how many seats they have given out? like a facebook group or groupme, I know it's not reliable but helps me gauge how the school functions
wondering the same exact thing!! i’ve been trying to find it for days now lol. I saw a poll on facebook though and it seems more people are denying spots than accepting them if that mean anything

Does Maryland send rejection letter after interview? My interview was 1/10 and heard nothing yet..
I had my interview in late October, I didn’t hear back until 1/17. It’s frustrating I know, but you’ve just got to be patient a little while longer. Hang in there!

GroupMe currently has 68 members. Class has 130 seats

I had my interview in late October, I didn’t hear back until 1/17. It’s frustrating I know, but you’ve just got to be patient a little while longer. Hang in there!
Im in the same boat as you; I interviewed early nov

I submitted mine 12/27 and haven't heard back other than a response that they received my emails, should I not be expecting anything? This is truly my top choice so I want to keep hoping

Haven’t heard much. Anyone from December 13 interview as well? I know school was closed Friday so that may have further delayed anything
Yes, Interviewed Dec 13th, accepted Jan 17th. My friend also interviewed dec 13th and got accepted dec 20th

• Care
Accepted today via email @4:23PM est!
I interviewed back in September (I was in their first interview group) but heard back today.

• Care
Accepted January 29th @ 4:23 PM

Interview:
Notification date: 11/29 (received supplemental 11/3, submitted 11/21 )
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: 7/17
GPA: sGPA: 3.70 Overall: 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA, 25TS, 20PAT, 25 RC
Method of interview: Virtual

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Are there any groupme's created yet for the class of 2028? I requested to join the Facebook group already but I am still waiting on a response.

I just got an Interview from Maryland!! Lets goooo! Be Patient guys the APPLICATION CYCLE IS NOT OVERRRRRR :D

• Care
Relax lol I received secondary on 01/08/2024. I haven't received anything, we just have to be PATIENT. The Application Cycle is NOT OVERRRRRRRRR :D. Honestly, I don't expect a response until like February so I'll sit tight, enjoy life, and focus on working to help stack up money.
^ and I submitted it 01/11/2024

It seems like Maryland is sending out a lot of interviews rn. I was excited to interview yesterday but it seems like I am just one person in a sea of others haha🥲

It seems like Maryland is sending out a lot of interviews rn. I was excited to interview yesterday but it seems like I am just one person in a sea of others haha🥲
trust the process...

• Care
The goal is to not think about others! The goal is to focus on why you are AWESOME enough to even receive an interview!! It means they took time out of their day to review your application and select you!!! So when you get an interview be happy and cherish the moment :D They want to see you smile!! *wink wink* Future dentist!

P.S.
What I always tell people is that the moment you compare yourself to others is when you LOSE! I say this because when you do this you forget how special you are and focus on how special they are!!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
can't agree more..!!

The goal is to not think about others! The goal is to focus on why you are AWESOME enough to even receive an interview!! It means they took time out of their day to review your application and select you!!! So when you get an interview be happy and cherish the moment :D They want to see you smile!! *wink wink* Future dentist!

P.S.
What I always tell people is that the moment you compare yourself to others is when you LOSE! I say this because when you do this you forget how special you are and focus on how special they are!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!

For those who have had a post-dec interview, do any of you know how long it is supposed to take? In the email, they only mentioned the interview date and the scheduled time but didn't provide information on the overall duration.