Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

As a 2nd year applicant to Maryland and being a waitlisted student last year, they should be sending out the final interview results by end of March latest. The last batch of waitlists were announced that last week of March 2023, but if you’ve had an interview already, you could hear back anytime from today until then
Thats what I was thinking! I don't think i'll be hearing back from them until like late February to mid March.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted, interviewed on 1/17

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite!! <3 Submitted app in November and secondary 01/15.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
oops I meant the group me that you had mentioned a few days ago
Oh nw! It’s still at 93, here’s the link again in case you wanna keep an eye on it:

Reactions: 1 users
Oh nw! It’s still at 93, here’s the link again in case you wanna keep an eye on it:
Thank you for linking the GroupMe!! Super helper!
Quick question though, do you know if everyone in that group are strictly class of 2028 students or are there people from previous years?

• Care
Thank you for linking the GroupMe!! Super helper!
Quick question though, do you know if everyone in that group are strictly class of 2028 students or are there people from previous years?
These are strictly for the class of 2028 students, there might be some admin members in that chat, but it’s strictly for the upcoming class

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
very quiet havent heard of any interview invites probably closed but hope not

stay strong, life goes on...........started planning for next round hopefully better this time.
Exactly! Try to be patient, we are still in February and we also have the ENTIRE month of March :D Use this time with family/friends, learn new things, and most importantly stacking that money because Dental school is expensive.

Has anyone who interviewed in late January and early February heard back yet or know when we'll hear back? TIA

Has anyone who interviewed in late January and early February heard back yet or know when we'll hear back? TIA
I interviewed back on Jan. 26, but nothing yet, although it’s very possible to hear a status update from UMSOD today up until March latest. There have already been kids in this chat who were in the earlier Jan interview rounds who have heard back. Patience and good faith my friend 🤞

I interviewed back on Jan. 26, but nothing yet, although it’s very possible to hear a status update from UMSOD today up until March latest. There have already been kids in this chat who were in the earlier Jan interview rounds who have heard back. Patience and good faith my friend 🤞
Correct! Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since I interviewed and honestly it feels like i interviewed a few days ago lol. The key is to be BUSY like a bee.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Don’t forget there are a few students like me that have interviewed pre-January and we’re all still waiting, it’s a big waiting game and we all got this!
Correct! Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since I interviewed and honestly it feels like i interviewed a few days ago lol. The key is to be BUSY like a bee.
Not fully sure how the committee does it but they will get to our applications and make their decisions soon hopefully 🤞🏽

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Don’t forget there are a few students like me that have interviewed pre-January and we’re all still waiting, it’s a big waiting game and we all got this!

Not fully sure how the committee does it but they will get to our applications and make their decisions soon hopefully 🤞🏽
facts!! interviewed in early october so it’s truly so unpredictable. we all (myself included) gotta stop trying to figure out what the committees are thinking, i’m just driving myself crazy at this point lol.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
facts!! interviewed in early october so it’s truly so unpredictable. we all (myself included) gotta stop trying to figure out what the committees are thinking, i’m just driving myself crazy at this point lol.
Facts, just gotta go with the flow and control what you can

Last edited:
Do you guys know how likely you are to receive in state tuition after a year?

Has anyone recently received an interview invite?? When is the latest they’re sending them out if they’re not already done interviewing

Does anyone know if acceptances are sent out randomly or are they given based on a schedule( like every other monday)?

I know some schools do have trends like every 2 weeks, but it seems like not the case for Maryland :/
Yeah, Maryland definitely is random, but when they released the final batch of waitlisted students, it came on a Friday at the end of March last year, so you can expect some things

They mentioned to me that it’s rolling and yeah, the waitlist will come once all seats are “occupied“
Yeah, Maryland definitely is random, but when they released the final batch of waitlisted students, it came on a Friday at the end of March last year, so you can expect some things

Did anyones AADSAS decision status change after their interview?

Last edited:
Yeah plus remember starting this Friday applicants with more than 1 accepted offer have to choose only one by March 15. So I think the committees will be working hard these days
Yes!! It’s definitely coming 🙏 just stay positive

Yeah plus remember starting this Friday applicants with more than 1 accepted offer have to choose only one by March 15. So I think the committees will be working hard these days
Oh great call! I totally forgot about that deadline too

Oh great call! I totally forgot about that deadline too

Just wandering what is March 15 all about?. I thought they only give 2 weeks to each person to accept or decline the an offered

Just wandering what is March 15 all about?. I thought they only give 2 weeks to each person to accept or decline the an offered
So March 15 is the deadline for second deposits/permit ones. it’s an important day for us applicants on waitlist because individuals with more than one acceptance have to pick only one school. So if the deposit isn’t in by that date their spot is freed. Some say March 15 is like the start of a mini December 15.

• Care
Many that have accepted schools, December and or January may have gotten in to more preferable schools in January or even February. So now they have to put their second deposit into the school they want to go to freeing up a possible seat.

Yeah I did not know about that either but i looked it up and I understand. On march 1st - 5th (i believe) If you hold multiple positions at different schools ADEA will contact you about that to make a decision or withdraw seat. ADEA will also contact the programs about that but will only say your name but will not list the schools to them.

So in March there is definitely going to be some action !!!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I did not know about that either but i looked it up and I understand. On march 1st - 5th (i believe) If you hold multiple positions at different schools ADEA will contact you about that to make a decision or withdraw seat. ADEA will also contact the programs about that but will only say your name but will not list the schools to them.

thank you for you information

what is your stat please

Many that have accepted schools, December and or January may have gotten in to more preferable schools in January or even February. So now they have to put their second deposit into the school they want to go to freeing up a possible seat.
Couldn’t have said it any better 👌