Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alshepard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be interviewing at University of Maryland next week. Any info/advice would ve much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

What day are you interviewing at Maryland? I am interviewing on March 5. anyway, I work there and Maryland is a great school, but tends to fall a little short in selling itself on interview day. I think this is because they know that the majority of interviewees are in-staters that rank Maryland as their first choice because of in-state tuition, so they don't really feel the need to recruit people. About 15 people interview on each interview day. For the most part I like the students I've met there, although there are some bad apples/ultra-competitive people in every med school and UMAB is no exception. The research facilities and hospital are also excellent here. A lot of people don't like Baltimore, but like any city you just have to use common sense and be safe I suppose. If you go on a day when students have an exam and come to eat lunch with the interviewees you'll probably find that they are stressed out and less friendly than usual. Try not to let this bug you too much; they aren't that way all the time.. Fortunately, unless you are interviewing today (2/26), this shouldn't be a problem.. Good luck!