2023-2024 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Pre-II R, update sent 12/7, on hold 11/15, complete 7/26

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they handing out anymore interviews? Just wondering because I saw on Instagram that they are hosting a second look day next week for accepted students.

Reactions: 1 user
Are they handing out anymore interviews? Just wondering because I saw on Instagram that they are hosting a second look day next week for accepted students.
When I was scheduling my interview, the last date was actually today. I am not sure if they are opening more slots.

OOS pre-II R. Had very strong ties but they didn't f w me

does anyone here know what the AP credit policy is for inorganic chemistry for this school? I recently accepted a seat but was wondering about this as this would be the only req I technically need to meet. For context, I did receive ap credit for gen chem 1 w lab, which allowed me to directly take the orgo series and biochem. On MSAR it says that they do accept the credit but on their website it was not listed under their accepted AP credits. I have also taken other upper-level chem classes like physical chem with lab, protein chem, and another 4000-level class with lab. Does anyone know if Maryland accepts upper-level classes as a substitution for inorganic? I know that some schools do but not sure here.

Do you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.

Do you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.
Can't hurt at this point, but they have really early second look dates which gives me the idea that they're pretty much done

how are my waitlisted friends holding up? UMSOM has been my only interview

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a notification on the portal, after MD/PhD interview, that my app was placed "on hold". They said my app is very competitive but they interviewed more ppl than they can accept. What does this mean? Does that mean they can offer me a spot if enough ppl turn down acceptances or a soft rejection/waitlist? Any insight would be helpful.

IS pre-II R today. If they were done with interviews at least two weeks ago like someone further up the thread said, there was absolutely no need to wait this long to send that letter.

OOS A Interview: 2/5-2/6
UMSOM MSTP (MD/PhD)

I got the call yesterday. Broke down crying hugging my lab mate who is like a grandma to me. Best wishes to everyone. Hope to meet you all soon.

• Love
Hello has anyone else not heard anything from Maryland? I submitted in early August and haven't received any updates to my application... just wondering if anyone else is in the same position since I know they've started sending out Rs

Hello has anyone else not heard anything from Maryland? I submitted in early August and haven't received any updates to my application... just wondering if anyone else is in the same position since I know they've started sending out Rs
+1, early September

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 12.13.24 PM.png

Interview Cycle is finished

Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R, this one sucks the most. OOS but live in Baltimore and was hoping to stay. Not sure what else I could have done to indicate interest in staying in my home for the past 2 years

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R, this one sucks the most. OOS but live in Baltimore and was hoping to stay. Not sure what else I could have done to indicate interest in staying in my home for the past 2 years
I have strong ties to the state and was rejected too. 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone else who is committed to the MSTP program? If you are I would love to connect and talk