2023-2024 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my student interviewer just called me with an A!!!!! I interviewed 10/11 and I'm in-state!!!! I could not be more thrilled

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Was accepted last week but wondering if I should be checking my mailbox for a physical acceptance letter? (Didn't see one yesterday.)

I'm out here answering every call that comes in just in case it's from UMSOM and now I'm getting an obscene number of spam calls ;( hopefully they call back or leave a message lol

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS MD Only II, no ties to maryland. Complete 7/30. Only dates available are end of Nov, eary/mid Dec, and early/mid Jan!

Did not answer optional prompts.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS MD Only II, no ties to maryland. Complete 7/30. Only dates available are end of Nov – mid Dec!
bro just doesn't miss 💀 objectively the most successful applicant in all of SDN. congratulations! and i hope to see you at UMSOM as well!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
bro just doesn't miss 💀 objectively the most successful applicant in all of SDN. congratulations! and i hope to see you at UMSOM as well!
Bro literally😂😂

OOS MD Only II, no ties to maryland. Complete 7/30. Only dates available are end of Nov, eary/mid Dec, and early/mid Jan!

Did not answer optional prompts.
What are your stats if you don't me asking?

awww thank you so much!!, hope to see u there (or wherever we end up) as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students Facebook/groupme/other group chat yet?

got the acceptance call! Interviewed 10/18 (IS)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
pre-II hold. submitted 08/02. LM 73, close ties to UMSOM.

OOS Pre-II Hold, super bummed I live in MD and want to stay

• Care

UMSOM -- application status update**​

1700063944729.png

• Care
Continued review email received just now, what does this mean?
Unfortunately, being placed on hold means we will likely not get an II this season. I don't recall anyone ever getting off hold in prior years

Unfortunately, being placed on hold means we will likely not get an II this season. I don't recall anyone ever getting off hold in prior years
So that email means a pre-II hold even though they don't exactly clarify it in the email?

Welp looks like Maryland is wraps. Go next GG
Yeah this one stings for me. IS, went to all their open houses, and tried my hardest to get in here. Sucks, but best of luck to everyone that wasn't booted today! Don't lose hope yet - no news is good news.

• Care
OOS Hold :/ Bummer, I grew up and went to college in Maryland

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah this one stings for me. IS, went to all their open houses, and tried my hardest to get in here. Sucks, but best of luck to everyone that wasn't booted today! Don't lose hope yet - no news is good news.
Stats?

has anyone gotten a hard R from Maryland? Or do they only do these soft Rs and keep you there till the end of interview season

has anyone gotten a hard R from Maryland? Or do they only do these soft Rs and keep you there till the end of interview season
They sent the soft R in December, then the hard R March in last season.

IS A!!! No call, email basically said 'check the portal for your decision' so I thought it was gonna be an R for sure 🙃 Interviewed 10/18, LM 75, non-trad career changer

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
IS Pre-II Hold. I am surprised they sent out the soft R this early. My friend recently got an II and he said there were still interview spots open in late November.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS Pre-II Hold

i know its not an official rejection but has anyone ever gotten out of the hold to an II later on??