2023-2024 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone that’s already been accepted know when Maryland’s second look weekend will be?

does anyone that’s already been accepted know when Maryland’s second look weekend will be?

i think an email said feb 23rd and that more info will be going out this month

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II today, complete mid-July! very excited to interview here. I was wondering if anyone could share how their interview experience went and how they felt after. Thx

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
OOS II today, complete mid-July! very excited to interview here. I was wondering if anyone could share how their interview experience went and how they felt after. Thx

+1 OOS II today, also wondering if anyone can share their interview experience

Reactions: 1 user
+1 OOS II today, also wondering if anyone can share their interview experience
Congrats on the IIs! They ask fairly standard questions that you might see online. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interviewers can either be extremely sweet or serious, so just be prepared for either one :)

Members don't see this ad :)
does hold mean R by now?
Pretty sure, yeah. When I got my hold I looked through the previous 2 years of SDN, and only one person was ever interviewed after the "hold" email after sending an update letter.

Hello hello future docs. Firstly, congrats to everyone accepted so far! I’m an MS3 here and always like to make myself available to any questions y’all have about UMSOM. I also was an interviewer last year so I know an tinyyyy bit about the admissions process. Ask away!

Last cycle, I had an email from the admissions committee that said they were actively reviewing my application as of 20 December 2022, but I didn't get such an email this cycle. Does that mean anything?

Last cycle, I had an email from the admissions committee that said they were actively reviewing my application as of 20 December 2022, but I didn't get such an email this cycle. Does that mean anything?
I think last year's email on Dec 20 was a hold email. Even though they mention "active consideration," a part of the email says that "Your application has been placed on hold." I also received mine that same day.

Not getting an email like that this cycle is a good sign. Almost nobody is interviewed off of hold. No news is good news! Just look at all the people that got interviews (that weren't on hold) this month.

I think last year's email on Dec 20 was a hold email. Even though they mention "active consideration," a part of the email says that "Your application has been placed on hold." I also received mine that same day.

Not getting an email like that this cycle is a good sign. Almost nobody is interviewed off of hold. No news is good news! Just look at all the people that got interviews (that weren't on hold) this month.
Huh... I'm rereading the email, and they said absolutely nothing related to being on hold. I will say the second half of the email talked about sending application updates in my case, but there was zero mention of "your application is on hold" or anything to that effect. I guess it's way too late for it to still matter now, though.

Also, +1 to "no news is good news" - it's not over until it's a firm "no."

for those who interviewed, did you guys send thank you notes to just the interviewers or did you guys also send it to the admissions committee email? Don't know if doing the latter would be doing too much lol but would love to hear some thoughts.

for those who interviewed, did you guys send thank you notes to just the interviewers or did you guys also send it to the admissions committee email? Don't know if doing the latter would be doing too much lol but would love to hear some thoughts.
Don’t send it to the admissions committee. Just directly to the interviewer.

By the way I emailed them and they said they are still currently interviewing.

• Love
OOS A, how long did it take for people to hear about scholarships/aid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the A call today from my student interviewer! OOS

Timeline:

2° Received: 7/22; 2° Submitted: 7/30; II 11/09; IA 1/10; A 2/6

• Love
So happy to hear they're still extending IIs! Anyone know if they accept pre-II letters of interest?

So happy to hear they're still extending IIs! Anyone know if they accept pre-II letters of interest?
Two seconds ago I submitted an abstract that was accepted at NEPS conference. The portal also says: "Use this tool to upload your CV, abstracts, application updates, letters of interest, or any other material that you wish to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. (Note: This section is optional, and is not needed to complete your application.)"
I havent submitted a letter of interest yet but I am seriously considering it (and need it cuz i have zero invites this cycle)

• Love