2023-2024 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are the chances of a hold turning into an II at Maryland? 0.00001% like everywhere else?
Just assume it's a rejection

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What are the chances of a hold turning into an II at Maryland? 0.00001% like everywhere else?
From digging around previous threads and asking some buddies who are MS1s at UMD, it’s pretty much 0. Not to say there isn’t a chance, but mentally I’m just gonna take it as an R and move on. If you have substantial updates it might help to submit an update letter.

lol i think so. no one from SDN reported getting off hold from last season.

Members don't see this ad :)
After interviewing, did any of your interviewers respond to your thank you email??

Has anyone with a 8/9 completion not heard anything post secondary? Is this a bad sign? I’m OOS LM 74

my student interviewer just called me with an A!!!!! I interviewed 10/11 and I'm in-state!!!! I could not be more thrilled
Did your interviewers respond to your thank you/how did you feel after your interview??
Interviewed near the end of October, IS. Also was the call during the evening or morning time?

Did your interviewers respond to your thank you/how did you feel after your interview??
Interviewed near the end of October, IS. Also was the call during the evening or morning time?
Tbh I think this was my interview i forgot to send thank you notes after oops. I felt very very good after my interview, i connected with both my faculty interviewer and student interviewer well, but that may have been luck. I have a feeling they try hard to match you with interviewers with similar interests because both of mine did and we had great convos. My call was around 2pm on a Tuesday. I think i remember seeing that adcom meets Mondays and then they call monday/tuesday with official emails going on Weds. sorry for long winded explanation and i hope it all works out for you -- maryland is amazing.

Reactions: 1 users
Both of mine did not...I feel a little worried
Only one of mine responded super briefly and the other not at all, and I got the A. Out of the interviews I've had, I've only gotten responses from about 50% of my thank yous. I wouldn't worry about it at all. They're just busy.

OOS II! strong ties to MD, have lived here past 5 years. complete 8/4

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Just wanted to drop in to mention that sometimes you dont get a call but still get accepted via portal - happened to me last year and felt my heart drop just seeing the "Status update" email. Good luck and hang in there - its all going to work out!

Around what time was the call, if you don’t mind sharing
I received the call in the evening, like 6pm from my student interviewer. I assumed that they called when they had free time, I don't think it was scheduled.

There were a tonnnnnnnnn of dates in January left, assuming there's gonna be a nice II wave sometime in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
There were a tonnnnnnnnn of dates in January left, assuming there's gonna be a nice II wave sometime in the next few weeks.
Congrats on the II Poppy, appreciate the optimistic update!

IS A this morning via email telling me to check my portal!!! Interviewed 10/23. SO EXCITED!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
IS Application Waitlisted (got the email this morning), it definitely was not the best feeling :confused: at all but if there is a will, there will be a way... Maryland is my top school. Having to think about reapplying....I rly wanted Maryland :meh:

Last edited:
Pre-II Hold email today....so unnecessary imo (complete 7/27)

Last edited: