MCAT for Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podbadger97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started studying for the mcat a few days ago, and I'm looking to apply this cycle. My goal is to take it July 10, and hopefully get 500 or above. However, I am willing to push it back to august/september or even take it july and then again in september. Do any pod students have mcat advice for content review, or practice? Or are willing to share their mcat experiences on here or in a private message? Or have any advice for my mcat timeline? Is 8 weeks enough? If you're gonna direct me to some MCAT thread pls dont i read mcat reddit daily lol I just want to hear some experiences from pod students. Thanks a ton :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey best of luck! Here's my tips:

C/P- Princeton Review supplemented with Youtube.
CARS- Jack Westin offers daily passages for free. Leading up to your exam, do the AAMC Q packs (2 volumes, 120 questions each. As accurate as it gets to the real thing)
B/B- I liked Kaplan and Exam krackers for this one. Plus AK lectures on Youtube.
Psych/Soc- Reddit 100 page notes. 300 if you have the time. Supplement with khan academy youtube videos. They go hand in hand.

Shoot me a PM if you have more questions about the MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
8 weeks is enough. 4 weeks reviewing content, 4 weeks putting it into practice. Do the AAMC FL exams, UWorld Q banks, all the other AAMC material if you have time. Personally, I don't think reading entire MCAT review books is necessary. I would just know everything on the Kaplan quicksheet and search up any topics or vocab that is difficult. But you need to do as many practice questions as possible. Kaplan questions suck, Princeton review are okay, UWorld is great, AAMC is god tier.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey best of luck! Here's my tips:

C/P- Princeton Review supplemented with Youtube.
CARS- Jack Westin offers daily passages for free. Leading up to your exam, do the AAMC Q packs (2 volumes, 120 questions each. As accurate as it gets to the real thing)
B/B- I liked Kaplan and Exam krackers for this one. Plus AK lectures on Youtube.
Psych/Soc- Reddit 100 page notes. 300 if you have the time. Supplement with khan academy youtube videos. They go hand in hand.

Shoot me a PM if you have more questions about the MCAT

Thanks a ton! Did you like Jack Westin? I've done a few

8 weeks is enough. 4 weeks reviewing content, 4 weeks putting it into practice. Do the AAMC FL exams, UWorld Q banks, all the other AAMC material if you have time. Personally, I don't think reading entire MCAT review books is necessary. I would just know everything on the Kaplan quicksheet and search up any topics or vocab that is difficult. But you need to do as many practice questions as possible. Kaplan questions suck, Princeton review are okay, UWorld is great, AAMC is god tier.

This was really helpful, thank you!

Thanks a ton! Did you like Jack Westin? I've done a few
I did a couple each day for a couple of months. Like another user mentioned, go through all of Uworld. Great investment. I think it has over 1800 questions for all the sections combined. You're going to see huge gains when you've completed Uworld.

I hope this is not too late, but Jack Westin for CARS is a big mood man. He gives really hard daily CARS passages, but if you follow the main idea you will be golden. My man Jack basically rips you a new one every single day but it trains you to be prepared for the difficult passages.

And its FREEEEE

Reactions: 1 user