MCAT Physics: Khan Academy or TPR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigboss22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks!! If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up studying for the physics section? I'm good with the chemistry part of it, but there's no telling how it'll be divided up :/

I have a math degree. Physics isn’t really an issue for me, thank God.

Edit: but I know several people who khan academy-ed their way to great chem/phys scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely recommend TPR because they give the most thorough overview of physics. I also felt physics at my school was not taught well, but TPR brought me up to speed.

I used TPR and did well on my MCAT. The physics they present is quite thorough, although some of the info they present I never saw on my AAMC materials/actual MCAT. If you have a limited understanding of physics and plenty of time to study I could see TPR being a useful tool, but there may be better resources out there without the extra depth

OR something else?

Physics at the school I go to is not really taught well. It's easy (thank goodness!) but in terms of preparing me for the MCAT, it really hasn't. I don't know any physics.

Should I watch the Khan academy videos? Or read my TPR book? Any advice on this section would be much much appreciated!
Kaplan