MCAT Received, Suburban Chicago Today!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPuck

Made
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received the scores today, unexpectedly early. Mean for Verbal 8.0, Physics, 8.3, Writing O, Biology 8.4. Good luck everyone, you worked hard!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you for real? I was told by the AAMC that scores would not be mailed until June 20.

i got mine today in the mail too... im kinda speechless right now :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I am very "for real". I wouldn't mess around like some of the others in this forum. Last August when I took it for the first time, I also received mine before most, probably because Chicago is just a few hours east of Iowa City. You'll get yours early next week. Hope you get that score you want!

I'm in Chicago also, but I didn't receive my scores yet - anyone know of anyone else who received news today???

OK, I definitely believe you. I hope you did well. Best of luck to everyone. I am on vacation next week and away from the mailbox...I'm sure I'll be calling home on a daily basis!!!

I am convinced as well. Good luck to all!

Envelope is standard business sized- 3 sheets thick - same as the last one I received after the August 2000 test. On the return address there are four letters staring you in the face. The mailman in my town conveniently placed it on top the mail pile in my box. You won't be able to miss it. I am surprised that other Chicagoans didn't get their scores. I don't know the MCAT office's strategy for sending scores, I guess I am just lucky to be one of the first.

Hell with the MCAT's - I'm getting drunk tonight.

jamier2... that was your original idea... maybe an MCAT administrator spy got to it and used it to get above the corporate ladder ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
rxfudd.... down drown your sorrows away with alcohol... drown it with ICE CREAM!!! Yeeaaahhhh Baby!!! ;)

I just can't stand this waiting anymore!! MCATs are gonna make me or break me. Everytime I think about opening up that damn envelope, my stomach turns into knots. August retake is gonna almost be impossible for me with my new job.....50+ hours/week, on call very other night and every other weekend. :(

By the way, since when did MCATs get reported in tenths??, i.e., 8.3, 8.4, etc.

Chris

Originally posted by CVPA:

By the way, since when did MCATs get reported in tenths??, i.e., 8.3, 8.4, etc.

Chris•

I think those numbers represent the average of everyone who took the April MCATs.

I second what Wasabi stated.... along with your MCAT scores you will be given some of the mean and curves of the test you took... Good luck... Don't get into knots!!! :D

Now that I believe this is true, and I figure that I can't be more than a day behind the Chicago / Illinois crowd with mail delivery, I'll be anxiously awaiting 9:00 AM Monday when my mailman/hero comes to pay me a visit. :)

But now that it really seems that they're coming, I'm getting some serious butterflies in my stomach! I think I'm going to get sick.

barfy.gif

Are you sure your mailman will be a hero... or zero or even enemy!!! :D Just joking with you.... I hope you get a great result....

That puke looks bloody :D

The means for each section are in decimals because they are merely an average of all of the scores in each respective section rounded to the nearest tenth (N=24.941). These numbers do not constitute the median. This also was the case in the August 2000 administration. The MCAT score report doesn't give out any kind of raw score - scaled score conversion chart, just the percentages of MCAT examinees achieving each possible scaled score in each section. Hope this helps.

On the subject of MCATs, I ended up voiding my test on test day back in April (long story, but it was for the better!!). Anyways, since the exam was voided, does this still count as one attempt at taking the exam? will the adcoms see that i attempted to take it, or is there no record of it whatsoever. Thanks!

Yes, they will see that you voided it, but it is not a big deal. It will count as one of the times you took the MCAT. Seriously, don't sweat it - it is not going to hurt you as long as you don't do it repeatedly.

MedPuck isn't saying he got scores of 8.3 etc. he's giving us the mean

WOOHOOOOOoooo00OOOooooOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I got a 30 P on my MCATs!!!

Best of luck to everyone else!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Woooohooooooo!

I got mine today. 32 M. I don't know where the "M" came from, but I'm still happy! :D

Popoy, here's the happy test score smiley I promised you:
partytime.gif

Jamie-

Sweet! I got mine today as well.....31Q

Sign me....

"Just Glad To Not Have To Take It Again"

Originally posted by Spang:
•Sweet! I got mine today as well.....31Q

You really schooled me on the writing sample. ;)

I don't understand that score (on mine, not yours). I have always expected that to be the best score on my test, and I got an 11 in verbal. Who knows why these things happen. I'm just glad to say - "No retake for me." :D

Great job everybody!

I got a 30 N. I'm pumped about the 30, but the N is strange looking?

oh, well.

later

Congrats Jamie & Everyone else!!!!! Nice going!!!! Hope to catch you somewhere soon, future docs!

Maureen

Congrats to everyone!

I got a 32Q, I'm so excited!!! Plus now I know for sure that I won't have to retake them!! Yippieeeeee!!!

:D

PalCareGrl.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! ROCK ON!!!

Connecticut got their MCATs today.

Do I party tonight or study for the August test?

Hey...I got an S on the writing sample!

I just got mine in the mail today (tulsa, OK). just the whole wait and build up is the worst part. i got 9 verb, 7 phys, M, and 10 on bio. good luck to everyone!

Woowoowoo! Congratulations to all!

:D :p :D :p :D

Originally posted by Wasabi:
•May the Wasabi be with you.

:D :p :D :p :D

Yeah, how do I get that? (the Wasabi)

Spang

I just wanted to say congratulations on working so hard and doing such a great job on the MCAT. Have fun applying to med school this year and I know you guys will be accepted in the fall of 2002. Make sure you apply to LECOM because we would love to have you. :D

Angie
LECOM Class of 2005

Congratulation to all of you. It's nice too see some people did good Job on that wear exam. It give us hope that we can do better on the next round ;).
apple638.. where are you from origenaly? and what college you graduated from? just chaking something :cool:, Can you give me more information about the post program?
Have a fun guys, we will get on the bus next year :D