This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDDS2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT recently and I was disappointed. Long story short, I lost track of time in organic.

OGPA: 3.67 SGPA: 3.55 BCP: 3.50

In college I took 16-19 hours every semester, had research experience, took a rigorous curriculum with lots of upper level courses at once (histology, immunology, neurobiology, cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, microbiology, etc.). I taught biology for 3 years as a supplemental instructor, have lots of community service hours, and club involvement on campus. Graduated in 3.5 years with BS in biology with a minor in chemistry. Will have excellent letters of rec. (Also a white male, first generation college student.)

DAT Scores:
AA: 19
TS: 19
PAT: 19
BIO: 24
CHEM: 17
OC: 16
RC: 19
QR: 18

I have have had lots of unique opportunities from dental shadowing, as well as several hundred hours of patient contact through shadowing in a variety of specialities and general dentistry. I'm planning on applying broadly to schools. Do you guys think I have a decent shot at an interview, or will the chem scores hold me back?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Members don't see this ad.