This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McDreamy2008

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for everyone that has been invited to apply to OSU's MEDPATH program! The applications are due January 31st.

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ! I got invited to apply also.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Have you begun to tackle the secondary yet?
Yes I have. So i'm actually done with the whole thing except for the major essay at the end. It's a whole entire personal statement all over again so i'm going to put it off for about another week. How about you ?

Yes I have. So i'm actually done with the whole thing except for the major essay at the end. It's a whole entire personal statement all over again so i'm going to put it off for about another week. How about you ?
Oh nice! It's definitely another personal statement for sure. I completed all of the other essays and waited to finish that one about two weeks or so later :p lol. But yea, I submitted mine. *anxiously/nervously waiting*

Oh nice! It's definitely another personal statement for sure. I completed all of the other essays and waited to finish that one about two weeks or so later :p lol. But yea, I submitted mine. *anxiously/nervously waiting*
Congratulations and good luck !!! Did they say when we fill find out who gets an interview ?

Congratulations and good luck !!! Did they say when we fill find out who gets an interview ?
Thanks, good luck to you as well! The completion email said they will notify us in March for interviews in April.

Goodluck to everyone applying.
Currently in the program so let me know if you have any questions.
All the best!

Reactions: 2 users
By any chance would you guys be willing to post the essay questions for the application?

Thanks, good luck to you as well! The completion email said they will notify us in March for interviews in April.
Hey so I noticed that on some of the questions we do not have a word limit. For the question "

Describe any employment or volunteer work that you have done in the health care field. Explain how these experiences have influenced your career goals."

About how long was yours? Im scared that I may write too much or too little !

By any chance would you guys be willing to post the essay questions for the application?

These are all the questions for this years application. Were you invited to apply?
Please describe your nuclear family during the time that you were growing up. What was your role in the family? (Maximum 700 characters)

How many schools did you attend between grades 1 and 12? If you changed schools often, what were the reasons? (Maximum 700 characters)

Describe the high school(s) that you attended. What programs helped to prepare you for college

If you worked during the academic year while attending an undergraduate institution please indicate the approximate number of hours worked per week. (i.e. Freshman - 20 hours per week; Sophomore - 20 hours per week)

Please describe how you prepared for the MCAT. Include information about the time spent preparing and if you used a commercial course or created your own program. If you used a commercial course, please provide the course name.

The Post Baccalaureate Program is designed for underrepresented minority students and/or students from disadvantaged backgrounds. A disadvantaged background is defined as one which has economic and/or educational factors that have limited a student's ability to perform at his/her maximal potential. Please indicate any factors or events in your background which would meet either or both of the criteria, as defined above.

Please list three things that you are proud of achieving/accomplishing.

Describe any employment or volunteer work that you have done in the health care field. Explain how these experiences have influenced your career goals.

In a personal crisis who would you turn to for support and why? In an academic crisis who or where would you go for help?

Many post baccalaureate programs have students repeat some of the basic premedical requirements to assure that students have a sound academic background. Do you think that you would benefit if some basic premedical school requirements were repeated? Why or why not?

In the space provided, write an essay describing your background, goals, motivation, health career interests, and reasons for wanting to participate in the Post Baccalaureate Program. (Maximum 5300 characters)

These are all the questions for this years application. Were you invited to apply?
Please describe your nuclear family during the time that you were growing up. What was your role in the family? (Maximum 700 characters)

How many schools did you attend between grades 1 and 12? If you changed schools often, what were the reasons? (Maximum 700 characters)

Describe the high school(s) that you attended. What programs helped to prepare you for college

If you worked during the academic year while attending an undergraduate institution please indicate the approximate number of hours worked per week. (i.e. Freshman - 20 hours per week; Sophomore - 20 hours per week)

Please describe how you prepared for the MCAT. Include information about the time spent preparing and if you used a commercial course or created your own program. If you used a commercial course, please provide the course name.

The Post Baccalaureate Program is designed for underrepresented minority students and/or students from disadvantaged backgrounds. A disadvantaged background is defined as one which has economic and/or educational factors that have limited a student's ability to perform at his/her maximal potential. Please indicate any factors or events in your background which would meet either or both of the criteria, as defined above.

Please list three things that you are proud of achieving/accomplishing.

Describe any employment or volunteer work that you have done in the health care field. Explain how these experiences have influenced your career goals.

In a personal crisis who would you turn to for support and why? In an academic crisis who or where would you go for help?

Many post baccalaureate programs have students repeat some of the basic premedical requirements to assure that students have a sound academic background. Do you think that you would benefit if some basic premedical school requirements were repeated? Why or why not?

In the space provided, write an essay describing your background, goals, motivation, health career interests, and reasons for wanting to participate in the Post Baccalaureate Program. (Maximum 5300 characters)

Thank you so much! You're awesome!

Hey so I noticed that on some of the questions we do not have a word limit. For the question "

Describe any employment or volunteer work that you have done in the health care field. Explain how these experiences have influenced your career goals."

About how long was yours? Im scared that I may write too much or too little !
Mine showed a character limit of 700 for that essay.

Members don't see this ad :)
would you guys mind sharing your stats for those referred to the program

would you guys mind sharing your stats for those referred to the program
3.2s and 3.7 post bacc. In my opinion, I don't think the hard part is being referred to the program. With only 15 admitted, I think that's the tough part.

3.2s and 3.7 post bacc. In my opinion, I don't think the hard part is being referred to the program. With only 15 admitted, I think that's the tough part.
Yes, I heard that once you get the referral stats isn't really as important anymore. It all comes down to the essay questions. I remember I emailed Nikki a few months ago and she said the average cumulative gpa of admitted students was about a 3.0/3.1. I was looking for the email to make sure I remembered correctly but I couldn't find it. Almost positive that's what she said. She also told me only about 200 people get the referral but only 100-150 people actually fill out the application.

Yes, I heard that once you get the referral stats isn't really as important anymore. It all comes down to the essay questions. I remember I emailed Nikki a few months ago and she said the average cumulative gpa of admitted students was about a 3.0/3.1. I was looking for the email to make sure I remembered correctly but I couldn't find it. Almost positive that's what she said. She also told me only about 200 people get the referral but only 100-150 people actually fill out the application.
I was wondering where the 100 number came from. Nikki also told me that 200 to as many as 250 can get referred to the program. But if only 100 or so apply that makes more sense.

I am a M1 who went through medpath. Not sure if the deadline passed already to submit app but if there are any questions about the Med school itself or medpath feel free to ask.

How have you guys been answering your questions to the last prompt? Because it is very similar prompt to the AMCAS PS prompt and I was wondering if it's okay to just use a similar response or write a unique response.

Here's the last prompt:

How have you guys been answering your questions to the last prompt? Because it is very similar prompt to the AMCAS PS prompt and I was wondering if it's okay to just use a similar response or write a unique response.
I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if they can access our AMCAS and are still considering that application along with this one? If they cannot see it, I definitely want to include some of the same information.

Guys make your medpath app as different from amcas as possible in terms of New information. The admissions committee is the same committee who received your amcas the first go around and they will continually refer to it during the deliberation. When you get your interview you will be interviewing with the COLLEGE OF MEDICINE not diversity office alone.

So Use the medpath app to give them a different view of yourself. But try to make it flow with whatever theme or story you had going in your amcas essays.

Guys make your medpath app as different from amcas as possible in terms of New information. The admissions committee is the same committee who received your amcas the first go around and they will continually refer to it during the deliberation. When you get your interview you will be interviewing with the COLLEGE OF MEDICINE not diversity office alone.

So Use the medpath app to give them a different view of yourself. But try to make it flow with whatever theme or story you had going in your amcas essays.

Think of it as one giant application that the same eyes will see!

Does anyone know how long it will be after submitting before we receive interviews invitations or rejections? Has anyone received an invite yet?

Does anyone know how long it will be after submitting before we receive interviews invitations or rejections? Has anyone received an invite yet?
They will inform us in March about April interviews.

I am a M1 who went through medpath. Not sure if the deadline passed already to submit app but if there are any questions about the Med school itself or medpath feel free to ask.
Do you mind sharing your stats?

I know this is extremely anal but on the question "Please list three things that you are proud of achieving/accomplishing." did you literally just list three things like in a short bullet point manner or did you expand. I'm nervous that I approached the question wrong because I actually wrote a paragraph or two about each thing I was proud of instead of actually listing.... idk maybe I'm just overanalyzing things !?

I know this is extremely anal but on the question "Please list three things that you are proud of achieving/accomplishing." did you literally just list three things like in a short bullet point manner or did you expand. I'm nervous that I approached the question wrong because I actually wrote a paragraph or two about each thing I was proud of instead of actually listing.... idk maybe I'm just overanalyzing things !?
I thought the same thing. I had a long paragraph at first but then I thought what if this is some sort of test? So I ended up writing one sentence with three things. I didn't know if there would be a formatting issue with bullet points.

I would expand on the questions. They aren't trying to trick you they just want to get to know you.

I had 3.2 cum. 2.9 science...took mcat twice lowest score ..the one that went in my app was 22 which is less than 498 on todays mcat.
What is the new score we are supposed to get to pass now that the values have changed?

What is the new score we are supposed to get to pass now that the values have changed?

When you retake your mcat in the spring the cutoff is ~499...the equivalent to 25 on the old scale.

Does anyone know how long after submitting the application do we receive the confirmation?

Does anyone know how long after submitting the application do we receive the confirmation?
I clicked something that said submit with confirmation and I got an automated email in about an hour. The next day I got another one from OSU.

I clicked something that said submit with confirmation and I got an automated email in about an hour. The next day I got another one from OSU.
Ok thanks! I clicked the one that just said "Submit" and I didn't get anything. I'll look out for the other one from OSU though.

Ok thanks! I clicked the one that just said "Submit" and I didn't get anything. I'll look out for the other one from OSU though.
Also, if you look under "my evaluations" on Vitals, you can see if your application is complete. Click the "complete" tab and your application will be there showing that you submitted it successfully.

Also, if you look under "my evaluations" on Vitals, you can see if your application is complete. Click the "complete" tab and your application will be there showing that you submitted it successfully.
Ok perfect!! I didn't even notice that. Thanks again!

think we will hear back this week?
When looking at the threads from the last 7 years, only one time(last year) they didn't give interviews out by the end of the second week of March. So, I think there's a good chance we'll hear back by Friday.

When looking at the threads from the last 7 years, only one time(last year) they didn't give interviews out by the end of the second week of March. So, I think there's a good chance we'll hear back by Friday.
Awesome ! I'll reply back with what day I got my status change and if I got an interview. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what day(s) they're going to be interviewing? I'm doing my work schedule for the second week in April and I want to make sure it's open just in case.

Does anyone know what day(s) they're going to be interviewing? I'm doing my work schedule for the second week in April and I want to make sure it's open just in case.
Your status says you're an accepted medical student. Why do MEDPATH if you are already accepted? Sorry if that's an invasive question, just curious ! lol

Has anyone heard anything back yet from the program regarding Interview invites?

Has anyone heard anything back yet from the program regarding Interview invites?
No not yet! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous. In the past threads someone mentioned that if they didn't get a response by now it was probably not going to be good news because apparently they send out invitations to their top choices first and wait to see if anyone rejects their interview invite and then they notify everyone else.

Edit: Jk, She said invites will be here within the coming week...

Last edited:
Oh okay great! Thank you for sharing that! I just wanted to know how other applicants stood in terms of notifications from the program. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted! :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oh okay great! Thank you for sharing that! I just wanted to know how other applicants stood in terms of notifications from the program. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted! :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Ok great ! While we're waiting I want to get to know you guys in this thread. We have potential to be future classmates So where is everyone from ?