This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I live in Texas. I currently work as an Orthopedic Tech and a Chief Scribe. How about y'all?
I live in Ohio ! I actually go to Ohio State and graduating in May lol. I'm employed in a clinical research lab with one of my professors. Being a scribe sounds incredibly interesting. I applied for a position a few summers ago but the hours were too demanding to fit in my school schedule :(

I live in Ohio ! I actually go to Ohio State and graduating in May lol. I'm employed in a clinical research lab with one of my professors. Being a scribe sounds incredibly interesting. I applied for a position a few summers ago but the hours were too demanding to fit in my school schedule :(
Oh nice!! Congrats on your pending graduation! I really enjoy scribing. Research is good as well! And from what I hear, it's favored at OSU. And I'm sure being an OSU grad won't hurt either lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh nice!! Congrats on your pending graduation! I really enjoy scribing. Research is good as well! And from what I hear, it's favored at OSU. And I'm sure being an OSU grad won't hurt either lol
Do you have research experience?

this is taking longer then i expected
We will definitely know within 7 days time. Based on previous years threads it's very likely that at least someone in this thread will have an interview so keep the hope up.

Hey has anyone checked their portal yet? I happened to check mine this morning and it said "updated at Monday, March 13, 2017 4:43 PM Vitals" but it looks exactly the same as it did before... no interview invite or rejection. Does it say the same for the rest of you ?

Hey has anyone checked their portal yet? I happened to check mine this morning and it said "updated at Monday, March 13, 2017 4:43 PM Vitals" but it looks exactly the same as it did before... no interview invite or rejection. Does it say the same for the rest of you ?

+1

Uh oh...seems like they are prepping for decision time.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yours says it was "updated" as well ?

upload_2017-3-14_9-43-36.png

I emailed Nikki. She said
Good Morning,

Applications are currently under final review. Updates to your status will be communicated via the Vitals portal the week of March 20.

Essentially we have to wait another week !!!

Hey guys, did anyone get another "update" after the "updated at Monday, March 13, 2017 4:43 PM Vitals"?

Hey guys, did anyone get another "update" after the "updated at Monday, March 13, 2017 4:43 PM Vitals"?
Yeah, now mine says updated at Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6:45 PM

Nikki confirmed to me that interview decisions have already been made, they're waiting on the final sign off from the Director, and we will receive status updates "early next week." So I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday.

Just got an email from Nikki:

Thank you for your patience as the MEDPATH review committee completes its final review of its task of identifying interview applicants for the 2017-2018 MEDPATH Program year.

You can expect your status to change and to receive notification of the opportunity to interview no later than Wednesday, March 22.

Just got an email from Nikki:

Thank you for your patience as the MEDPATH review committee completes its final review of its task of identifying interview applicants for the 2017-2018 MEDPATH Program year.

You can expect your status to change and to receive notification of the opportunity to interview no later than Wednesday, March 22.

Well that email scared the s*** out of me lol.

Lol my stomach sunk as I began reading the email... Phew.

Reactions: 3 users
I honestly wonder what took them so long. I hope this doesn't mean that they had a higher than normal number of applicants :(

Has anyone had a chance to ask Nikki how many applicants have applied?

Back with pretty good news. She said only 104 applications which is awesome because about a year ago I was told 100-150 people apply so we're on the low end of things ! 1/3 of us will get interviews. Good luck everyone :)

Back with pretty good news. She said only 104 applications which is awesome because about a year ago I was told 100-150 people apply so we're on the low end of things ! 1/3 of us will get interviews. Good luck everyone :)

Just out of curiosity, did she actually say 1/3? Or are you just using 30?

Good luck this week everyone. Whatever happens, we're all gonna be just fine. :happy:

Reactions: 4 users
Compulsively checking my email and then checking this thread to see if anyone else heard back. The wait is killing

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! New here from indiana.

Synced up my email to basically all my devices, nails basically dwindled down to nothing, and I'm as nervous as Marlin sitting next to Bruce at the "fish are friends" shark meeting.

Wishing everyone the best of luck! Stay positive!

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing here, either... Do you suppose that there will be a formal rejection if we don't get in?

In this case, since they said "no later than 22nd", would that still count as they have tomorrow too to send out those letters?
Yea that's what I'm thinking. It's today or tomorrow. Why do I get the feel that it will probably be tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nothing here, either... Do you suppose that there will be a formal rejection if we don't get in?
Yes If you get rejected you will definitely get a letter in the mail. As far as the vitals portal goes I'm not too sure. I would ask Nikki but I feel like I've already asked her a million and one questions lol.

Yes If you get rejected you will definitely get a letter in the mail. As far as the vitals portal goes I'm not too sure. I would ask Nikki but I feel like I've already asked her a million and one questions lol.
Lol, ask for us.

In the MAIL? Like, a mail box? Like this is 1990?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm so impatient lol, this is torture....