You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
So I guess there’s still hope?lol
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
Oxaloacehate
Full Member
So I guess there’s still hope?lol
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
F THAT. And F them. Keep striving. Don’t let anyone deter you from [emoji90]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, don't pay them any attention. That is just one person's bad advice. Keep grinding.So I guess there’s still hope?lol
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
So I guess there’s still hope?lol
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
Do not receive that message! The devil is a liar! Satan is always busy.
Wow I’m sorry someone said that to you. I’ve read success stories of people taking the MCAT six times and having GPAs under 3.0 getting in. Never give up!So I guess there’s still hope?lol
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
So I guess there’s still hope?lol
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
Wow, can I just tell you that when I applied for school I got rejected so many times. Then one school actually invited me to an interview and as soon as my first interview started the person told me, “You will never see the inside of a classroom” and they suggested that I make alternative plans. I had to pretend that I was OK for two hours that day to complete my interviews and I went home feeling like trash... But look who is in their first year of professional school now! Don’t be discouraged. Let that be motivation more than anything. Good luck with retaking your MCAT!
D
deleted935885
So I guess there’s still hope?lol
I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.
I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.
So yeah, that sucked.
Lol? I know which program your talking bout. Reason why I didn’t even do that info session crap. But honestly, She said all of that based off her perspective. So I see why she would say such a thing However , DOES SHE KNOW WHO TF YOU ARE? Absolutely not, so screw that narrow minded advice. You know you better than anyone one else.
Word of advice, people will always move their lips or fingers (twitter fingers) either on here or in life to put you down/give up. Yes, you’ve had some hick ups, but did you fail? No, why? Because failure imo is when you allow other people perceptions or yours take you out of this game permanently.
Keep chugging sir/ma’am. And when you make it, the ball is in your court to rub it in to them or buss it down. Lol [emoji23]
As always, THIS IS YOUR REMIX TO YOUR REINVENTION or whatever R kelly said.
Last edited by a moderator:
MD_dreams123
New Member
I got accepted from the waitlist... GOD is SO DAMN GOOD!
I got accepted from the waitlist... GOD is SO DAMN GOOD!
WOWOW, congrats!!! 🙂
I got accepted from the waitlist... GOD is SO DAMN GOOD!
Congrats! Was this today? Like just now??
MD_dreams123
New Member
Yes, at 2 pm CST. I look forward to seeing you all. Keep your head up and pray for those on the waitlist because you are next.Congrats! Was this today? Like just now??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I GOT ACCEPTED OMGGGG
I GOT ACCEPTED OMGGGG
Wow, finally we are starting to hear back.. Congrats!! 🙂
Thanks!Wow, finally we are starting to hear back.. Congrats!! 🙂
I just got accepted too ! Praise God
Congrats!! God is good!
Omg congratulations y’all!!!! Still waiting to hear!
I'm so mad I just found this thread! I interviewed at Meharry and was accepted in MHS instead. I submitted my decision (I accepted), but I still have my reservations about the program. When I spoke to a faculty member (who is pretty high up on the chain), he told me that MHS students who meet the matriculation requirement - >3.5 GPA + >501 mcat - they'll be given "priority review" for matriculation into the medical school. Those who make the GPA cutoff and not the MCAT will be placed on the med school waitlist and given priority review as well. That doesn't sound like guaranteed to me but you interpret it as you wish. Also, he mentioned the class size will be larger than last year's class size; they've opened up the application to people who didn't apply/interview at the med/dent school. My intentions are not to provide unsavory info but to help others make an informed decision. Good luck to you all!!
Last edited:
Tuhh nope. For cumulative gpa no. My second degree was a 3.76 though. And my MCAT was trash. So keep hope alive!Congrats everyone! I have a question: is the minimum 3.5 gpa scenario actually true ? Just trying to gauge my chances here haha!! I’m very proud of you all ❤ Be the best docs
My MCAT went up since applying and I sent an update email so I hope they get it.
JuiceTheDentist
New Member
Has anyone from the Dental side received an acceptance from the waitlist?
Congrats y’all!
Pigs on blanket
Full Member
CongratulationsI GOT ACCEPTED OMGGGG
Pigs on blanket
Full Member
Congrats to all of you
Thank you!Congratulations
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do y’all think they’re open today?
Do y’all think they’re open today?
I doubt it. Most places are still closed the day after July 4th. Try calling. The phones aren’t as busy
I called housing today and they were open. So it's possibleDo y’all think they’re open today?
I feel like there’s only 5 to 10 of us waiting on decisions.
Dang I thought there were more people !! Well we’re in this togetherI feel like there’s only 5 to 10 of us waiting on decisions.
I think there are more than 10Dang I thought there were more people !! Well we’re in this together
There probably are more people it just feels like the same people on here waiting.Dang I thought there were more people !! Well we’re in this together
I submitted my amcas app. I’m over Meharry.
You applying to Meharry again?
allthelonelypeople
Full Member
Hey guys! I'm also still waiting for a response from Meharry. Fingers crossed we all hear back by Friday and good luck to everyone!!!!!
There are 64 members in the group me. But i know for a fact that some are turning down there spots (they have said so)Can we get an update on how many people are in the Facebook group?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the info!There are 64 members in the group me. But i know for a fact that some are turning down there spots (they have said so)
I have one question. I thought the deadline to accept/reject an acceptance was June 21st or somewhere around there. Can they still turn down their spot now?There are 64 members in the group me. But i know for a fact that some are turning down there spots (they have said so)
I’m sure it is still possible to turn down a spot. Many of those accepted have not even received the link to pay the deposit to hold our spot in the program yet.I have one question. I thought the deadline to accept/reject an acceptance was June 21st or somewhere around there. Can they still turn down their spot now?
Oh, okay. Thank you!I’m sure it is still possible to turn down a spot. Many of those accepted have not even received the link to pay the deposit to hold our spot in the program yet.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K