Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy July y’all! More decisions this month!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
So I guess there’s still hope?lol

I’ve started back studying for my MCAT. I take it on September 5th.

I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.

So yeah, that sucked.

I had an info session with a masters program I was denied from. She basically told me to look into other career options other than medicine.

So yeah, that sucked.

F THAT. And F them. Keep striving. Don’t let anyone deter you from

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)

So yeah, that sucked.
Yeah, don't pay them any attention. That is just one person's bad advice. Keep grinding.

Reactions: 7 users

So yeah, that sucked.

Do not receive that message! The devil is a liar! Satan is always busy.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. She tried it!

Reactions: 5 users

So yeah, that sucked.
Wow I’m sorry someone said that to you. I’ve read success stories of people taking the MCAT six times and having GPAs under 3.0 getting in. Never give up!

Reactions: 9 users

So yeah, that sucked.

Wow, can I just tell you that when I applied for school I got rejected so many times. Then one school actually invited me to an interview and as soon as my first interview started the person told me, “You will never see the inside of a classroom” and they suggested that I make alternative plans. I had to pretend that I was OK for two hours that day to complete my interviews and I went home feeling like trash... But look who is in their first year of professional school now! Don’t be discouraged. Let that be motivation more than anything. Good luck with retaking your MCAT!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

So yeah, that sucked.

Lol? I know which program your talking bout. Reason why I didn’t even do that info session crap. But honestly, She said all of that based off her perspective. So I see why she would say such a thing However , DOES SHE KNOW WHO TF YOU ARE? Absolutely not, so screw that narrow minded advice. You know you better than anyone one else.

Word of advice, people will always move their lips or fingers (twitter fingers) either on here or in life to put you down/give up. Yes, you’ve had some hick ups, but did you fail? No, why? Because failure imo is when you allow other people perceptions or yours take you out of this game permanently.

Keep chugging sir/ma’am. And when you make it, the ball is in your court to rub it in to them or buss it down. Lol

As always, THIS IS YOUR REMIX TO YOUR REINVENTION or whatever R kelly said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
213436B2-F168-4A13-BDFE-5A03DF6D1C2A.jpg

Note to Self and everyone else!

For those on the waiting list. Just remember a DELAY is not a DENIAL! Be enocuraged!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted too ! Praise God

Reactions: 15 users
Omg congratulations y’all!!!! Still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm so mad I just found this thread! I interviewed at Meharry and was accepted in MHS instead. I submitted my decision (I accepted), but I still have my reservations about the program. When I spoke to a faculty member (who is pretty high up on the chain), he told me that MHS students who meet the matriculation requirement - >3.5 GPA + >501 mcat - they'll be given "priority review" for matriculation into the medical school. Those who make the GPA cutoff and not the MCAT will be placed on the med school waitlist and given priority review as well. That doesn't sound like guaranteed to me but you interpret it as you wish. Also, he mentioned the class size will be larger than last year's class size; they've opened up the application to people who didn't apply/interview at the med/dent school. My intentions are not to provide unsavory info but to help others make an informed decision. Good luck to you all!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats everyone! I have a question: is the minimum 3.5 gpa scenario actually true ? Just trying to gauge my chances here haha!! I’m very proud of you all ❤️ Be the best docs

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats everyone! I have a question: is the minimum 3.5 gpa scenario actually true ? Just trying to gauge my chances here haha!! I’m very proud of you all ❤ Be the best docs
Tuhh nope. For cumulative gpa no. My second degree was a 3.76 though. And my MCAT was trash. So keep hope alive!

My MCAT went up since applying and I sent an update email so I hope they get it.

Really hoping everyone can get closure on their decisions by Friday Whether a yes or no !!!

Reactions: 6 users
I feel like there’s only 5 to 10 of us waiting on decisions.

I submitted my amcas app. I’m over Meharry.

• Haha
Hey guys! I'm also still waiting for a response from Meharry. Fingers crossed we all hear back by Friday and good luck to everyone!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Can we get an update on how many people are in the Facebook group?

Can we get an update on how many people are in the Facebook group?
There are 64 members in the group me. But i know for a fact that some are turning down there spots (they have said so)

There are 64 members in the group me. But i know for a fact that some are turning down there spots (they have said so)
I have one question. I thought the deadline to accept/reject an acceptance was June 21st or somewhere around there. Can they still turn down their spot now?

I have one question. I thought the deadline to accept/reject an acceptance was June 21st or somewhere around there. Can they still turn down their spot now?
I’m sure it is still possible to turn down a spot. Many of those accepted have not even received the link to pay the deposit to hold our spot in the program yet.

I’m sure it is still possible to turn down a spot. Many of those accepted have not even received the link to pay the deposit to hold our spot in the program yet.
Oh, okay. Thank you!

1 more day!!! Can we have those who are still on the waitlist like this comment? Want to see how many are still waiting...

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Status
Not open for further replies.