Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just heard that it start on Aug 2nd but I haven’t heard about it being virtual myself besides it being mentioned in here, but I know at one point they were considering reopening the campus
Ik all the dental students are back on campus and I’m almost positive the med school is following suit. I don’t see why the program would be virtual if that’s the case. If it’s not virtual though I kinda need to know so I can prepare to move to a different state. 😂

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Ik all the dental students are back on campus and I’m almost positive the med school is following suit. I don’t see why the program would be virtual if that’s the case. If it’s not virtual though I kinda need to know so I can prepare to move to a different state. 😂
Yes, I feel you on that!😂because moving can be hassle😩

I hope it is virtual but if not, I hope they tell us ASAP. I live nowehre near Tennessee and hope they don't spring that on us last minute.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope it is virtual but if not, I hope they tell us ASAP. I live nowehre near Tennessee and hope they don't spring that on us last minute.
Yeah, they really need to let us know because trying to move in less than 30 days is gonna suck😩I promise y’all they didn’t do this when I did MSPH I had way over two months to prepare

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, they really need to let us know because trying to move in less than 30 days is gonna suck😩I promise y’all they didn’t do this when I did MSPH I had way over two months to prepare
the longer they wait, the later these apartment move-in dates get 😬

Just called the office of graduate studies and they stated that they’re still working on finalizing applicants in the next couple of weeks & that they’re pushing for a virtual program.

Reactions: 4 users
Just called the office of graduate studies and they stated that they’re still working on finalizing applicants in the next couple of weeks & that they’re pushing for a virtual program.
Wow, someone answered? 🤣

Well that’s some good news!🙏🏾

When you say "pushing", does this mean it will be virtual or they hope it will be? That's a weird answer lol.

When you say "pushing", does this mean it will be virtual or they hope it will be? That's a weird answer lol.
That’s the exact response she gave so I took it as in virtual is their ideal plan unless something changes.

NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS?!?!? PUSHING FOR A VIRTUAL PROGRAM?!?!
chyleeeeeeeee it’s the continuous games for me. We are basically in July, the class size is 51 currently and it’s supposed to be 150...(allegedly) and orientation is at the end of July. HOW SWAY?!?! Yo I kinda want to cry dawg this too much uncertainty for me. Lol omggggggg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS?!?!? PUSHING FOR A VIRTUAL PROGRAM?!?!
chyleeeeeeeee it’s the continuous games for me. We are basically in July, the class size is 51 currently and it’s supposed to be 150...(allegedly) and orientation is at the end of July. HOW SWAY?!?! Yo I kinda want to cry dawg this too much uncertainty for me. Lol omggggggg
I am weakkk 😂😂😂 I wish I could help more yall. I’m going to keep calling and emailing hoping for more solid answers. I’ve literally sent an email to just about every address I could find with some connection to the program and I’ve tried every number. I lucked up and was transferred to someone who answered today.

Reactions: 2 users
I am weakkk 😂😂😂 I wish I could help more yall. I’m going to keep calling and emailing hoping for more solid answers. I’ve literally sent an email to just about every address I could find with some connection to the program and I’ve tried every number. I lucked up and was transferred to someone who answered today.
Lol this what I keep tryna tell my family, I have emailed, called all of this, we keep getting the in the coming weeks answer 😂 tired of checking my emails every hour lol

Reactions: 5 users
I told y’all people that I’ve talked to…that went through the program literally said they received letters two weeks before the start of classes…smh honestly, I don’t mind it being virtual I’m just ready to know what the deal is because waiting to the very last minute don’t sit well with me…like why do that??😩

Lol this what I keep tryna tell my family, I have emailed, called all of this, we keep getting the in the coming weeks answer 😂 tired of checking my emails every hour lol
🤣🤣🤣I swearrrrr

I guess for everyone’s sake for the ones who are not in Tennessee I hope it is virtual with how we only have a month until the start so if they making us wait I just hope that they don’t force everyone to move in a big rush to be on campus if it’s not virtual so hopefully it’s virtual just in that perspective

Has anyone thought about how this will effect us if this program is virtual and getting into medical school in the future? I know medical schools are lenient now because of COVID but I'm wondering how it will be next year when I apply for medical school.

Has anyone thought about how this will effect us if this program is virtual and getting into medical school in the future? I know medical schools are lenient now because of COVID but I'm wondering how it will be next year when I apply for medical school.
I was just thinking about that. I graduated before the virtual class wave so I never experienced it myself and it isn’t currently reflecting on my dental app.

Definitely, I graduated December of 2019, right before Covid and virtual schooling so how it’ll affect schools is a big question. But I would presume they would be understanding given the circumstances of Covid

They need to be more exact lol. It’s gonna be tough tryna move within 30 days.

Mannn thanks for the update but omg I’ve never seen nothing like this lol. I promise I’m not the type to complain but this really is crazy. There’s soo many gaps. It needs to be virtual cause that wouldn’t be fair for those who live in other states like me.

There’s no actual web page for MHS discussing requirements for the program, timeline, point of contacts, etc that would have provided some sense of ease. I’ve been hearing “coming weeks” soo long. It’s scary cause I don’t have a back up....I’m hoping that application pile for MHS is small this year cause don’t have me wait this long and y’all got hella applications... that’s too much competition this late in the game. And the portal doesn’t even provide you with any updates...

Mannn thanks for the update but omg I’ve never seen nothing like this lol. I promise I’m not the type to complain but this really is crazy. There’s soo many gaps. It needs to be virtual cause that wouldn’t be fair for those who live in other states like me.

There’s no actual web page for MHS discussing requirements for the program, timeline, point of contacts, etc that would have provided some sense of ease. I’ve been hearing “coming weeks” soo long. It’s scary cause I don’t have a back up....I’m hoping that application pile for MHS small this year cause don’t have me wait this long and y’all got hella applications... that’s too much competition this late in the game. And the portal doesn’t even provide you with any updates...
This is facts! Like I mean y’all been having us wait this long when some people have applied all the way back in November even

This is facts! Like I mean y’all been having us wait this long when some people have applied all the way back in November even
Aye, no cap, November would have made me pull up to the admissions office by now like what’s good with my application fam?!?! lol

• Haha
That’s a valid point…but through it all guys let’s just remain positive until God says otherwise…because whether the program is virtual or in person if becoming physicians is what God has for us it’s gonna work out…regardless…I know it’s draining but at the end of the day if it’s meant to be it’s going to be. And I think if the program turns out to be virtual they shouldn’t be lenient us they should hold us to the same stipulations that previous classes held under especially being that the program is designed to prepare us for professional school.

There’s no actual web page for MHS discussing requirements for the program, timeline, point of contacts, etc that would have provided some sense of ease. I’ve been hearing “coming weeks” soo long. It’s scary cause I don’t have a back up....I’m hoping that application pile for MHS is small this year cause don’t have me wait this long and y’all got hella applications... that’s too much competition this late in the game. And the portal doesn’t even provide you with any updates...
I feel you 1000% only thing we can do now is remain optimistic & claim that what’s meant to be is already done. If I get anymore updates big or small I’ll keep y’all updated. I plan to call again next Tuesday if nothing has changed.

Reactions: 3 users
If you have a top 5 or so for next year I would call them now, maybe get your name in the door and ask them how they feel about it so you can know

Here is a link regarding this application cycle and what schools will and will not accept. I'm just nervous because I'm not applying to medical school until next cycle so I don't know how they will look at my application. Now I'm nervous and anxious about hearing back from Meharry!
If you are planning on attending Meharry for Med school I wouldn’t worry about it. Plus in general I would not worry about it because we are still in a pandemic. Programs like Meharry may want to limit the amount of programs they offer on campus to limit possible exposure/spread of the virus. Just my assumption but schools know things are tough these days.

That’s a valid point…but through it all guys let’s just remain positive until God says otherwise…because whether the program is virtual or in person if becoming physicians is what God has for us it’s gonna work out…regardless…I know it’s draining but at the end of the day if it’s meant to be it’s going to be. And I think if the program turns out to be virtual they shouldn’t be lenient us they should hold us to the same stipulations that previous classes held under especially being that the program is designed to prepare us for professional school.
That's a good point but its also a gamble. I guess the best advice I could give all of us is to reach out to schools now if you plan on applying next year to see if they have a policy in place. I would hate to have spent all of this money and have a hard time getting into my dream schools because I took a virtual masters program. I'm sure I wouldn't have a hard time getting into Meharry but I also don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

That's a good point but its also a gamble. I guess the best advice I could give all of us is to reach out to schools now if you plan on applying next year to see if they have a policy in place. I would hate to have spent all of this money and have a hard time getting into my dream schools because I took a virtual masters program. I'm sure I wouldn't have a hard time getting into Meharry but I also don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.
Absolutely! I feel you…I plan on at least applying anywhere from 10-15 schools at the most….and I’m also looking into DO schools

Lawd I logged on here and saw activity in the thread and just knew folks would be posting acceptances! Chillllleeeee I did NOT expect to see that they are finalizing applications in the next couple weeks!!!?? Say what now???! Lord have mercy dis is tew merch!!! 😩😩😩 *sigh* Although I am antsy I trust that God has already worked it out! We’ve come too far for this to be the end all be all! Everyone keep the faith, we got this!!! 🙏🏾

Reactions: 6 users
Typo but definitely check apply web to see if you have a decision letter there. For some reason they didn’t send me my acceptance but decision was on applyweb since May. Hope this helps

Just got an email from another program requesting that I give them an answer...idk what to do man. Smh

Just got an email from another program requesting that I give them an answer...idk what to do man. Smh
you can always say that you are going to go and if you get accepted into Meharry just withdrawal. I don't know how it works with master's programs though lol

you can always say that you are going to go and if you get accepted into Meharry just withdrawal. I don't know how it works with master's programs though lol
I thought of that but you have to pay fees to secure your seat....this is crazy smh

Honestly, I would just ask them if it’s possible that you can give them an update within the next week or two not only are you still telling that you’re interested but you’re also putting the ball bk in their court because if say that you’re attending now they probably gonna receive it as being the final answer….but that’s just a suggestion

I thought of that but you have to pay fees to secure your seat....this is crazy smh
I’m in the SAME EXACT situation, and I technically have until tomorrow to let my other program know something 😒

Typo but definitely check apply web to see if you have a decision letter there. For some reason they didn’t send me my acceptance but decision was on applyweb since May. Hope this helps
sorry but what is "applyweb"? are you referring to the portal we used to apply for the program originally?

I have until tomorrow for one program, and until Friday for a second program smh I understand that struggle friend

wow I hate that for you guys! I really wish Meharry would at least give yall an answer so you wont miss out on other opportunities!

Honestly I secured my seat with another program just in case… can’t wait forever

Honestly I secured my seat with another program just in case… can’t wait forever
I did the same thing for another Master's Program, just holding off on securing financial aid. I know someone who attended Meharry's Dental School over 10 years ago and they were slow with letting them know then as well. We see some old habits never die 😭😭

Reactions: 5 users