Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea, I don't think they are done accepting people because they are expanding the program and accepting more students. I heard this from a previous student who went through the MHS program last year. A lot of people from the old MHS forum last year were accepted in the middle of July. I am going to be optimistic and think positive.
I'm a ball of optimism 🙃 lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Here is a little hope guys, I called the admissions office they are still working on MHS applications. The class is not full yet, so it is still hope for us who did not hear anything and those who are wait-listed. They are working on MHS apps for the month of July, up until July 29 which is around orientation time. So have faith everyone and remain positive.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my acceptance offer just came through.
i can't believe this because i just accepted an offer at another school last Saturday. :(

I was just accepted from the waitlist !!! Whoever still waiting to hear back keep faith you still have time 🙏🏾

Reactions: 8 users
I just got accepted too!!! Yayyyy!! Wow! So there is faith !

my acceptance offer just came through.
i can't believe this because i just accepted an offer at another school last Saturday. :(
When I got accepted to MHS, I already accepted a seat at another school. As long as you haven’t started class yet, you can decline the seat. Your seat deposit is more than likely non refundable though.

When I got accepted to MHS, I already accepted a seat at another school. As long as you haven’t started class yet, you can decline the seat. Your seat deposit is more than likely non refundable though.
Did you apply directly to MHS back then or were you invited after applying to the medical school?

THE LORD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, AND ALL THE TIME THE LORD IS GOOD!!!! Finally got my acceptance after 7 months of anxiety lol! They indeed take time but they won't leave you hanging! To those who are still waiting, more acceptances are coming out next week! I promise you Meharry won't leave you hanging despite their delays!! I wrote emails after emails, calling the school, letter of intent and finally my persistence paid off! It's all GOD's plan!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Congrats to everyone, acceptances are still coming for everyone else who are waiting.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi y’all! I also got accepted last night after what felt like a forever wait!! Just want to thank every single one of you all for keeping this chat informed, encouraged and a place to vent sometimes! Really helped me stay sane all these months!! Congratulations to everyone and keep the faith for those still waiting!!! Can’t wait to meet you all!

Does anyone know where the curriculum for the program is or have a link to where to find it?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Just stepping in to give updates. From what I heard there’s about 130-150 seats for the program. The group chat has 97 people in it so far. Yes that doesn’t count the people that are accepted but not part of the group chat but let’s be real… meharry is a family so if your accepted you’re going to find ways to be part of some type of group. I was accepted a few weeks ago and they still haven’t got anything sent to me but Microsoft teams which is for communication basically. I don’t have my student number, email, information about orientation email, information about health forms to send in, etc. What I am trying to say is the process is very slow lol. If you haven’t received a denial letter just be patient. There plenty of people in the chat that haven’t received anything yet. What I can tell you is orientation is July 29-30. We have one class on Monday and Tuesday- Friday 10-3pm. We are taking biochemistry, neuroscience, cell and molecular biology, and physiology this semester. The pay package for the whole 10 months is about 40k which would include all your fees ( so be prepared to be hit with that). I know it’s hard because I was there but try to be optimistic and enjoy these last couple weeks of freedom because once the ball starts rolling it’s non stop from there!

Hey everyone! Just stepping in to give updates. From what I heard there’s about 130-150 seats for the program. The group chat has 97 people in it so far. Yes that doesn’t count the people that are accepted but not part of the group chat but let’s be real… meharry is a family so if your accepted you’re going to find ways to be part of some type of group. I was accepted a few weeks ago and they still haven’t got anything sent to me but Microsoft teams which is for communication basically. I don’t have my student number, email, information about orientation email, information about health forms to send in, etc. What I am trying to say is the process is very slow lol. If you haven’t received a denial letter just be patient. There plenty of people in the chat that haven’t received anything yet. What I can tell you is orientation is July 29-30. We have one class on Monday and Tuesday- Friday 10-3pm. We are taking biochemistry, neuroscience, cell and molecular biology, and physiology this semester. The pay package for the whole 10 months is about 40k which would include all your fees ( so be prepared to be hit with that). I know it’s hard because I was there but try to be optimistic and enjoy these last couple weeks of freedom because once the ball starts rolling it’s non stop from there!
Hey, thank you girlie. The admisson office said they are still working on applications and can be accepting people up until July 29. Which is asburd to me but i'm going to be patient and positive.

Hey, thank you girlie. The admisson office said they are still working on applications and can be accepting people up until July 29. Which is asburd to me but i'm going to be patient and positive.
Yes be patient. I was just saying that I’m at peace right now. I gave so much of my anxiety to Meharry these past 9 months that I’m completely over it. I know they will send me what they want to have when it’s time. Stay patient, pray, and don’t give up!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes be patient. I was just saying that I’m at peace right now. I gave so much of my anxiety to Meharry these past 9 months that I’m completely over it. I know they will send me what they want to have when it’s time. Stay patient, pray, and don’t give up!
Yes, I am patiently waiting for this acceptance letter.

Is the program online?

Is the program online?
There is the conversation about having the option to move to in person class next semester but so far online. Many people are moving to Nashville to be closer to the school so they can use the on campus resources.

Hey everyone! If you are still waiting, constantly check your portal! I was wasting my time looking for an email and my acceptance letter was on the portal! I just found out today! Keep praying! I believe everyone is going to get accepted it’s just the waiting that’s taking a toll on us!

Hey everyone! If you are still waiting, constantly check your portal! I was wasting my time looking for an email and my acceptance letter was on the portal! I just found out today! Keep praying! I believe everyone is going to get accepted it’s just the waiting that’s taking a toll on us!
Omg I checked it and I got accepted!!! Thank you God!!!!!

Has anyone recently been accepted after being rejected from the medical school ?

What portal exactly

Under the portal my application says “submitted” was yours “under review” before you received your acceptance?

Under the portal my application says “submitted” was yours “under review” before you received your acceptance?
Here is what my portal looks like

Attachments

• 42ADF2BC-480F-48F1-91C0-6C651EC40A75.jpeg
    42ADF2BC-480F-48F1-91C0-6C651EC40A75.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 193
Anybody hear anything or still waiting looking at the email and portal everyday? lol Asking for myself.

Anybody hear anything or still waiting looking at the email and portal everyday? lol Asking for myself.
I still haven’t heard anything and I’m constantly looking, and calling. They will not answer the phone. But my cousin is a medical student there right now and she said she will go to the office and see what she can find out about where they are in the process.

I still haven’t heard anything and I’m constantly looking, and calling. They will not answer the phone. But my cousin is a medical student there right now and she said she will go to the office and see what she can find out about where they are in the process.
Yes, that’s good hear. I’m just ready to hear good news at this point 😭😭

Anybody hear anything or still waiting looking at the email and portal everyday? lol Asking for myself

i haven’t heard anything. lol you’re not alone!

For anyone who is still waiting, my cousin attends Meharry currently and said that they have done silent rejections in the past, due to how many applications they received. So there is a chance that they will do that this year. This is not to discourage anyone, but I wanted to share this information just in case it may be of help to someone.

Hey guys,
Unfortunately, I was an applicant that was denied admission because of my INITIAL low mcat score (484).
(This is what I was told by someone who (thankfully) took the time to review my application.)
**If you were like me, God has something greater in store for us. Something that fits HIS plan for our lives.**

I just wanted to update y'all on the feedback given out on reasons for denials, just in case anybody was wondering and had asked for feedback already but hadn't received a response.

There are 2-3 main reasons why one isn't accepted:
1) There IS a MINIMUM MCAT score requirement for this program. (485) The program is designed to boost your DAT or MCAT score by only a few points not to take you from"0-100".
2) They DO look at your recommenders. (MUST be recommenders that can speak mostly towards your academics AND work ethic)
3) There IS a science GPA requirement. (>3.0)

I was informed that because it is a competitive program and they only select a certain amount of students each year, great candidates get weeded out for 1 of these reasons or ALL of these reasons. I hope this was able to help somebody. Don't give up if you plan to apply again during the next cycle. You are MORE than capable of getting in and excelling.

Congratulations to EVERYONE that has already been accepted and I pray that yall do well and fight to the FINISH!!! God bless!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know where the curriculum for the program is or have a link to where to find it?
I am also curious about this. I am hoping to get a look at the syllabi and grab my books ASAP. Did you ever hear back on this?

Hey girl. Did you happen to get your hands on the syllabi or book list by chance?

Hey guys, so I'm graduating Fall of 2022 so I will be trying to apply to the MHS program for the next cycle. Do you all know if they have a GPA requirement to be admitted and do we have to be invited to apply for the MHS program or can we just still apply as a regular applicant?

Hey guys, so I'm graduating Fall of 2022 so I will be trying to apply to the MHS program for the next cycle. Do you all know if they have a GPA requirement to be admitted and do we have to be invited to apply for the MHS program or can we just still apply as a regular applicant?
Hey! I'm a current MHS student. I don't believe there's a GPA requirement...and you can apply as a regular applicant (I did).

You should create a "Meharry MHS Class of 2023" thread!

I’m applying too! I have so many questions. SMH