Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looking at previous forums, it looks like they sent out a bunch of acceptances starting the first week of June...
Let’s believe this year is the same fate🙏🏾

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t think I can wait two more weeks lol... I’m hoping for some good news tomorrow night.

Looking at previous forums, it looks like they sent out a bunch of acceptances starting the first week of June...
That’s when my friend got hers. She literally said it may come late May or June.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just assuming at this point. My friend was accepted last year in June for the MHS program. She went through the same thing we dealing with right now.... And May about over lol

Anybody else check their emails 20x a day lol?

Reactions: 10 users
I heard it’s only one person that’s doing the acceptances that’s why it’s taking so long! Also some people who went through the MHS program that met the requirements are still waiting on their acceptance into the dental school which sucks! I pray we hear something by the first week of June though.

Reactions: 3 users
I heard it’s only one person that’s doing the acceptances that’s why it’s taking so long! Also some people who went through the MHS program that met the requirements are still waiting on their acceptance into the dental school which sucks! I pray we hear something by the first week of June though.
One person? If that’s so no wonder! It’s impossible for one person to have this task. There should be several people.

Where did you hear that from?

Me lol never have I ever more in life that’s how much I wanna go to Meharry 😭
Same 😭 my whole life is centered around this potential acceptance right now. It’s kind of ridiculous at this point.

Reactions: 3 users
Same 😭 my whole life is centered around this potential acceptance right now. It’s kind of ridiculous at this point.
I still tryna process that one person is doing MHS acceptance that explains this whole delay process lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nashville residents... Apartments called The villages in Antioch, TN. Are they decent?

Hey guys!!!!! I spoke with someone from the admission office today. I asked her about our statuses for us MHS applicants and she said that they are still finalizing filling up seats for M1 and D1 students and so since their deadline was before ours which was March 31st, they're dealing with them first and then coming to us. She mentioned how the process was tedious given the fact that I told her that I applied in December 2020. She said we should know by next month, July at the latest. And as far as the start date for MHS, they haven't figured out a date yet but she said it's gonna be between August 1-3, 2021. I wish we could know already though lol but we just have to wait. June is almost here!! We should soon know!

Reactions: 5 users
Nashville residents... Apartments called The villages in Antioch, TN. Are they decent?
It's a decent place and fairly priced, close to good places if you need to grocery shop, It's one of the older complexes in the area though, it was built in like 1986 I think so if you are looking for more renovation and modernist places I would try Hickory Point or Whetstone Flats both in the same Antioch area, built more recent and more modern-is features but it will be a little more tho. And for your personal reference Antioch is about a 20-ish minute drive to Meharry. If distance doesn't matter and with the idea the program will be all virtual I would check Smyrna, TN and/or Murfreesboro, TN. Distance wise Smyrna is like 30 from Meharry and downtown Nashville and Murfreesboro is like 40 from Meharry and downtown. They have amazing places, modern, recently built and similar/fair pricing to The Villages 👌🏽

Hey guys!!!!! I spoke with someone from the admission office today. I asked her about our statuses for us MHS applicants and she said that they are still finalizing filling up seats for M1 and D1 students and so since their deadline was before ours which was March 31st, they're dealing with them first and then coming to us. She mentioned how the process was tedious given the fact that I told her that I applied in December 2020. She said we should know by next month, July at the latest. And as far as the start date for MHS, they haven't figured out a date yet but she said it's gonna be between August 1-3, 2021. I wish we could know already though lol but we just have to wait. June is almost here!! We should soon know!
you think maybe mid June? I have a friend who just graduated and was accepted to the dental school and I believe she told me she received her acceptance sometime in early/mid June

Reactions: 1 users
We just going to speak early June into existence!

Does anyone know how likely you are to be accepted into the MHS program if you are placed on the waitlist?

Just got accepted to the MHS!
I was literally screaming. I am praying for each and every one of you!
To all minorities, we WILL OVERCOME!
To everyone still anxious for a response, you will achieve it.
That is my prayer.
I can't wait to see you all in class!

Reactions: 15 users
Just got accepted to the MHS!
I was literally screaming. I am praying for each and every one of you!
To all minorities, we WILL OVERCOME!
To everyone still anxious for a response, you will achieve it.
That is my prayer.
I can't wait to see you all in class!
BIG CONGRATULATIONS!! HOPEFULLY!! ITS COMING!

• Care
Was anybody accepted to this program after getting rejected from the medical school?

Hey guys! I just finished the MHS program last year and will be starting med school at Meharry in June. Lmk if I can answer any of your questions.

FYI I got accepted into the MHS program on June 25th last year and there were still more people accepted after me. A lot of you will get in, just be patient!

Reactions: 10 users
Hey guys! I just finished the MHS program last year and will be starting med school at Meharry in June. Lmk if I can answer any of your questions.

FYI I got accepted into the MHS program on June 25th last year and there were still more people accepted after me. A lot of you will get in, just be patient!
Congratulations!! Trying to be where you at lol, I did have something, could you detail out how the virtual schooling went for you, like when you had class, homework, etc. Would you be on zoom for w few hours and then just classwork/study afterwards, how did that go?

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I just found your thread and please know that I relate to your wait. I just finished the MHS program (class of 2021) and got accepted to the medical school. If you have questions you can ask me as well!

:) Best of luck to everyone already accepted into MHS and hang on to those who are still waiting (I actually got my MHS acceptance June 25th last year!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Hey fam! I just want to let you all know how much this thread means to me! It's easy to feel like you’re the "only one" in this process playing this long waiting game. However, watching some of the same people comment consistently has helped me keep the faith! Haven't heard back from the medical school yet (received secondary). Also, still patiently but impatiently waiting on word from the MHS program as well! We got this ya'll and I'm truly praying we all will be in this next class together because ya'll the real MVP's!! Best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!! Trying to be where you at lol, I did have something, could you detail out how the virtual schooling went for you, like when you had class, homework, etc. Would you be on zoom for w few hours and then just classwork/study afterwards, how did that go?
Thank you! I LOVED virtual classes. In the fall, classes normally went from 8 am to 5 pm central time. You have 4 classes that are each two hours long and an hour lunch break at noon. We used blackboard collaborate for classes which was convenient because blackboard is where everything is located (group assignments, quizzes/tests, syllabus, grades, etc). Spring semester the hours were a bit shorter but you still take 4 classes so 8 in total. I say I loved virtual classes because I didn’t have to dress up and everything to attend class and they are recorded to rewatch later for reference like med school. Teachers also held virtual office hours if you needed help so you never have to leave your crib. The only downside is being at your computer for so long in a day and then having to study after. No real “homework” mainly group assignments that we got to pick or were chosen to groups randomly. But we were able to work on all of those assignments as a team and they were always easy in my opinion. You will get a schedule during orientation that shows when classes, tests, and group assignments take place. If you utilize and stay on top of that schedule you will be Gucci. Lastly, during our year we switched from taking tests using a lockdown browser with a camera to examsoft and had a proctor using zoom which I loved way more so y’all are lucky lol.

Reactions: 13 users

For the mcat were they strict in regards to the mcat threshold and did the program helped you with your mcat score?

For the mcat were they strict in regards to the mcat threshold and did the program helped you with your mcat score? and how many in your cohort got an acceptance to the medical school?

For the mcat were they strict in regards to the mcat threshold and did the program helped you with your mcat score?
Yes, they will tell you the requirement on orientation day and then you sign a contract that says you’re guaranteed an interview if you meet the requirements. However, people that did not meet it were placed on the waitlist so there’s still a possibility that you can get in.

I definitely do think the program played a large role in me meeting the MCAT requirement! The classes first semester cover a lot of the content review portion of the MCAT for biology and biochemistry, and the quizzes/tests in MHS really help train you to think about questions in a similar style as the MCAT. You also get lots of advice for the previous class as well.

For the mcat were they strict in regards to the mcat threshold and did the program helped you with your mcat score? and how many in your cohort got an acceptance to the medical school?
For how many got accepted, I’m not 100% sure. I know of at least 20 people so far but I’m sure there are many more! They are still doing interviews as well.

Did anyone receive a waitlisted email from the Meharry MHS program?

Has anyone who applied to the med school been invited to be a part of Meharry's MHS program?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who applied to the med school been invited to be a part of Meharry's MHS program?
Me, I applied, received a rejection email along with an invitation but I had applied to the MHS program before they sent the rejection email from the med school

I was invited to the MHS class too even though I applied only to their medical school.

Hey guys! Glad I found yall. Looking forward to this year 🙌🏾
Q: Do we have a groupme yet?

Hey!!! Was anyone who was accepted this week pre-dental? Also, did you apply to the dental school as well?

Thank you! I LOVED virtual classes. In the fall, classes normally went from 8 am to 5 pm central time. You have 4 classes that are each two hours long and an hour lunch break at noon. We used blackboard collaborate for classes which was convenient because blackboard is where everything is located (group assignments, quizzes/tests, syllabus, grades, etc). Spring semester the hours were a bit shorter but you still take 4 classes so 8 in total. I say I loved virtual classes because I didn’t have to dress up and everything to attend class and they are recorded to rewatch later for reference like med school. Teachers also held virtual office hours if you needed help so you never have to leave your crib. The only downside is being at your computer for so long in a day and then having to study after. No real “homework” mainly group assignments that we got to pick or were chosen to groups randomly. But we were able to work on all of those assignments as a team and they were always easy in my opinion. You will get a schedule during orientation that shows when classes, tests, and group assignments take place. If you utilize and stay on top of that schedule you will be Gucci. Lastly, during our year we switched from taking tests using a lockdown browser with a camera to examsoft and had a proctor using zoom which I loved way more so y’all are lucky lol.
Thank you for this information. Were you originally from Nashville? If not did you find it beneficial to be in the city? I’m trying to decide if I want to take on paying bills while in the program. Can you also shine some light on the financial aid situation and if that could help pay rent if you had that as well.