Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mannnnn, the way my nerves are set up, I need that email Ta-day!! Lol but ofcourse congrats to those who made it to the other side.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone! 🎉
We will ALLL get in!!!!🤞🏽
#ijn

Good luck everybody! and congrats to everyone who has been accepted! The MHS program is hands down amazing!

Reactions: 4 users
Same, when all did you apply? I submitted 10 days before the deadline so I’m not sure if that plays a part in it
I applied since December 6th, 2020 and still patiently waiting

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email asking for a Screenshot of my mcat and to email my transcripts a couple days ago
Same! Me too and I received the email about my application being under review after all, it was in my junk mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, when all did you apply? I submitted 10 days before the deadline so I’m not sure if that plays a part in it
I applied in November, still patiently waiting to hear some good news.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anybody that's a previous or current student can expound on the admissions on medical acceptances of this program?

Does anyone know if there will be invitations this year for the MHS program?

Anymore acceptances today? I'm still patiently waiting.

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and I was recently accepted to the Meharry MHS program last week. I am a pre-med and I also want to say congrats to everyone who was accepted.

Hey, for those who was accepted will this program be virtual or in person ? Still patiently waiting on my acceptance letter

Hey, for those who was accepted will this program be virtual or in person ? Still patiently waiting on my acceptance letter
We weren't told yet. I hope you get an acceptance letter!

Like this message if you are pre_dent is was accepted. Trying to see something lol

The accepted letter doesn’t just came to your email? You have to go to the portal?

Yes, usually they update the portal and send an email like above.

Hi I was accepted last week and they sent a link yesterday to my portal to accept the offer, but after I accepted it sent a confirmation email for the class of 2025. Did anyone else have this, because I'm confused if the program is just for a year?

Hi I was accepted last week and they sent a link yesterday to my portal to accept the offer, but after I accepted it sent a confirmation email for the class of 2025. Did anyone else have this, because I'm confused if the program is just for a year?
Were you accepted to their MHS program or the medical/dental school?

When you say portal, you mean the place where we went to apply initially? Also are u dental or Med?

Admissions will let you know, via email, when your application status has been updated on the portal

Yes, so it’s likely they haven’t made a decision in regards to your application. There will be a button that says “view decision” or something that u will be able to click.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything about MHS class size and if the linkage is still going to be as helpful? From what I understand, 2019 class was about 50 (about half med and half dent). Then 2020 class blew up 100-130 (assuming still about half/half med and dent). Did significantly less percentage of students make it into the med school when the class went up to 100+ compared to the year before when it was around 50?

Some have even said that the class size could potentially increase even more for this year. Anybody have any info about this?

Has anyone heard anything about MHS class size and if the linkage is still going to be as helpful? From what I understand, 2019 class was about 50 (about half med and half dent). Then 2020 class blew up 100-130 (assuming still about half/half med and dent). Did significantly less percentage of students make it into the med school when the class went up to 100+ compared to the year before when it was around 50?

Some have even said that the class size could potentially increase even more for this year. Anybody have any info about this?
The MHS class of 2020 was about 85 students-ish (65 meds, 20 dents). I believe all the dents were accepted and about 50-55 meds were accepted. The current MHS class of 2021 is 128 students (102 meds, 26 dents). Acceptances haven't been fully sent out for class of '21 yet so i can't tell you how many will matriculate. We did hear on a town hall that MHS program will more than likely be virtual again this year and have a class size of 150.

The MHS class of 2020 was about 85 students-ish (65 meds, 20 dents). I believe all the dents were accepted and about 50-55 meds were accepted. The current MHS class of 2021 is 128 students (102 meds, 26 dents). Acceptances haven't been fully sent out for class of '21 yet so i can't tell you how many will matriculate. We did hear on a town hall that MHS program will more than likely be virtual again this year and have a class size of 150.
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Do you feel there is any disadvantage for the class being that large & virtual or is it one of those things where as long as you meet the requirements it shouldn’t matter? also, are you certain that it will be virtual again? I was under the impression that meharry started letting students back on campus already. I know financially that would help decrease stress relocation wise, but I’m just trying to make sure it still gives you the best chances for admission.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Do you feel there is any disadvantage for the class being that large & virtual or is it one of those things where as long as you meet the requirements it shouldn’t matter? also, are you certain that it will be virtual again? I was under the impression that meharry started letting students back on campus already. I know financially that would help decrease stress relocation wise, but I’m just trying to make sure it still gives you the best chances for admission.
I also heard that the campus is fully opening back up in August so I'm not sure what to think. It's hard because a lot of the info is from word of mouth.

Regarding the effect of the class being larger, I've heard that the med school class may be expanding as well. So I am hoping (optimistically) that would mean that maybe the chances of acceptance from MHS to our med school will still be similar as last year, but again, I only heard about the med class expanding and don't even know that for certain.

I also heard that the campus is fully opening back up in August so I'm not sure what to think. It's hard because a lot of the info is from word of mouth.

Regarding the effect of the class being larger, I've heard that the med school class may be expanding as well. So I am hoping (optimistically) that would mean that maybe the chances of acceptance from MHS to our med school will still be similar as last year, but again, I only heard about the med class expanding and don't even know that for certain.
Yeah it’s a lot of unknown’s right now. But I’m hoping they do expand the class for MD if that is the case.

but one thing I do know is that last Thursday some acceptances went out around 8pm e.t, so I’m hoping that I today another wave of acceptances go out!! Lol

I applied to both the med school and the MHS program. I got accepted into the MHS program but it’s under the section for my Med School Secondary App. Did this happen to anyone else?

Ms Mclntosh just told me that the program will be virtual this year

Reactions: 3 users
Who here is planning to relocate to Nashville or is near Nashville for the MHS program and was accepted so far?