Memes of Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
8d2ngx.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Screenshot_20240122_192657.jpg

This was already perfect without need for editing

8dknjb.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
You using CPT 13160?

The only way this is lucrative is the fact that toe amps have no global. Otherwise this wouldn't be viable.
What are you talking about? 100% wrong.

All amps get paid for DPC... you just put an appropriate mod on them.
Go read any billing article or the coding thread to learn?

Reactions: 1 user
Sheesh calm down broski. I am learning.

EDIT: Quick search reveals modifier "-58" added to the 28825 when billing for the procedure?
No, the amp doesn't need any mod (except descriptive -LT/RT or -Tx).
The DPC (usually 13160) gets a -58 to break the global (or just show it's related if there is no global... and DPC gets LT/RT).

But we don't do DPCs on toe amp IPJ or MPJ codes... because we're not missing a chromosome. We just close those primary, as an ethical doc would. That is why that thread and the memes are funny.
DPC might be appropriate on TMA, first or 5th or 4/5 ray amps, gas, and certain abscess I&Ds or open fx.
We also don't do Chopart amps... because they are for imbeciles.

And last, we also don't discuss things in the aptly named meme thread :) :1devilish: :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
No, the amp doesn't need any mod (except descriptive -LT/RT or -Tx).
The DPC (usually 13160) gets a -58 to break the global (or just show it's related if there is no global... and DPC gets LT/RT).

But we don't do DPCs on toe amp IPJ or MPJ codes... because we're not missing a chromosome. We just close those primary, as an ethical doc would. That is why that thread and the memes are funny.
DPC might be appropriate on TMA, first or 5th or 4/5 ray amps, gas, and certain abscess I&Ds or open fx.
We also don't do Chopart amps... because they are for imbeciles.

And last, we also don't discuss things in the aptly named meme thread :) :1devilish: :)
For real. Every amp in residency was a DPC but in private practice it’s all just closed on first surgery and fine. My headache of admitting a patient and closing them the next day in a kicked back OR schedule to 7pm is NOT worth my time for that extra hundo.

I’ve always been of the mentality of no pus no grey tissue close it. Why leave healthy tissue open with bone exposed in an awful open hospital inpatient environment.

Last edited:
Sometimes hard to tell if y’all are joking… I guess I feel a bit better cuz I thought WTF when I saw @air bud ’s meme 😬

Damn… just checked out the post-op X-rays on there. Definitely makes me feel great/over critical of my results.
Unfortunately there’s a lot of people who favor the reps happiness over the patients

Reactions: 1 user