Hey Everyone,
I've been following this thread pretty closely (I've also read through the previous year's thread), and I finally decided to create an account and post for myself.
It seems like the most reputable rankings for MHA programs come from the U.S. World News & Report. As we know, many of the big name schools (i.e. Hopkins, Cornell, & Columbia) are ranked lower than lesser-known schools that boast high-ranked programs (i.e. Minnesota, VCU). I've received interviews for every school I've applied to except Michigan (still pending): JHU (accepted), Ohio State, VCU, Columbia, Cornell, Minnesota. I've begun deliberating some of my options (assuming my interviews go well), and I've struggled to figure out the brand vs. program rank dilemma. Hopkins undoubtedly has the most reputable name is medicine and health care, although its rank is 11 (granted, these rankings were last updated in 2011 and may have changed). I've done research on all the programs (curriculum, placement trends, etc.), and although some schools have more comprehensive curricula, I'm convinced that a school like Hopkins has tremendous networking potential with the best of the best across the country.
I was curious to see what your guys' thoughts were on my assessment.
Additionally, if you have any questions regarding the schools I've mentioned, I'd be happy to help!