-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State c/o 2021 Applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah, email and call. I emailed about cancelling my interview and they emailed right back with a warm congratulations. I also left a voicemail. I hope you can get it rescheduled!@rodeomarie @LuckySpartan Yes I will for sure, thanks for the advice!
Anyone know if we should be hearing anything at all this week? I noticed that there are not one, but now 2 interview dates in Feb.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no idea but perhaps with people declining offers they are opening another space 🙂. Good luck everyone!Anyone know if we should be hearing anything at all this week? I noticed that there are not one, but now 2 interview dates in Feb.
Anyone know if we should be hearing anything at all this week? I noticed that there are not one, but now 2 interview dates in Feb.
I know they said that the top people who interviewed on the 6th would most likely hear from them the week of January 16th, so maybe once they make some decisions about the 6th/9th interview candidates, they will send out more invites.
Don't lose hope yet, they say they tend to be conservative during the interview process, so there's still plenty of time to get an invite, I think
The waiting is the worst, though. Good luck, and good vibes!!
I know they said that the top people who interviewed on the 6th would most likely hear from them the week of January 16th, so maybe once they make some decisions about the 6th/9th interview candidates, they will send out more invites.
Don't lose hope yet, they say they tend to be conservative during the interview process, so there's still plenty of time to get an invite, I think
The waiting is the worst, though. Good luck, and good vibes!!
Did they say if that was the week IS students would hear as well?
Did they say if that was the week IS students would hear as well?
IS applicants should hear by the end of this week or next week at the latest.
Did they say if that was the week IS students would hear as well?
They said most of the IS students should hear by then - most of the interview dates that have already happened were filled with IS students apparently, as they want to let them know where they stand so they can make decisions ASAP.
*patiently waiting OOS* 

The waiting to hear from them about an interview is killing me. I know I should be patient and that no news is good news but still. I really like the school so hoping for some good news soon!
I have no doubt that I am not a top 20% applicant and will not be hearing back this week. Waiting is so hard. everyone keeps saying no news is good news though,fingers crossed
I have no doubt that I am not a top 20% applicant and will not be hearing back this week. Waiting is so hard. everyone keeps saying no news is good news though,fingers crossed
You never know. I was 99% sure I wouldn't be hearing back within that first week after my interview... but I did.
Are you IS or OOS?
You never know. I was 99% sure I wouldn't be hearing back within that first week after my interview... but I did.
Are you IS or OOS?
out of state
I interviewed this past friday. Been scouring the thread to see if any acceptances had been sent out.
How many days after did you get yours (if you even remember)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
out of state
I interviewed this past friday. Been scouring the thread to see if any acceptances had been sent out.
How many days after did you get yours (if you even remember)
I definitely spent more time watching this thread than my email when I was waiting because I was that sure I wouldn't be one of the ones to hear back. You really just never know.
I heard back on 12/15 from the December interview date. So... 6 days?
Are you waiting to hear back from other schools too?
I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an interview!! So exclted!!! 

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![]()
I got an interview!! So exclted!!!![]()
Congrats guys!!
Curious if anyone knows how many students they interview?
Around 320-350 total I believe.Curious if anyone knows how many students they interview?
Yes and it looks like they split it up fairly decently between OOS and IS: https://cvm.msu.edu/future-students/dvm/class-of-2020-profileAround 320-350 total I believe.
Curious if anyone knows how many students they interview?
Congrats both on getting interviews!!!!!!!!!!
The 2020 class profile might help you out. Last year it looks like 185 were interviewed.
https://cvm.msu.edu/future-students/dvm/class-of-2020-profile
So I know this has been asked a lot, but is there typically still a chance for a lot of snow/ice in the middle of February? I picked the February 16-17th slot. I'm from Texas, so I'm not really used to driving in snow! I have driven on ice before multiple times over the years, but rarely. Just trying to decide if I should book a flight a day earlier in case of delays, etc.
So I know this has been asked a lot, but is there typically still a chance for a lot of snow/ice in the middle of February? I picked the February 16-17th slot. I'm from Texas, so I'm not really used to driving in snow! I have driven on ice before multiple times over the years, but rarely. Just trying to decide if I should book a flight a day earlier in case of delays, etc.
Snow is definitely a possibility during those dates. I interviewed on Monday and there was a fair amount of snow on the ground when I drove from about an hour away. I'm from Florida so my winter driving experience is pretty limited, but the roads were clear and non-problematic. I gave myself an extra hour to drive the morning of the interview, just to make sure I could make it with any unforeseen delays. That's what I would suggest - a full day early is probably unnecessary, just give yourself plenty of time to get the the day of.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I definitely spent more time watching this thread than my email when I was waiting because I was that sure I wouldn't be one of the ones to hear back. You really just never know.
I heard back on 12/15 from the December interview date. So... 6 days?
Are you waiting to hear back from other schools too?
I've interviewed at Ohio and have an upcoming interview with UPenn (my instate) and was waitlisted by cornell. MSU is what I'm gunning for though if penn accepts me then I'd have to think about the financial implications as well
how did everything turn out for you ?Does anyone know MSU's policy for rescheduling interviews due to weather? Mine is supposed to be tomorrow but flight just got cancelled![]()
Managed to get a last minute flight out of another airport! I really liked the school and MMI format so it was definitely worth the stress. Thanks for checking in 🙂how did everything turn out for you ?
Managed to get a last minute flight out of another airport! I really liked the school and MMI format so it was definitely worth the stress. Thanks for checking in 🙂
I really do too ! MSU is high on my list of choices. hoping to hear back soon with a decision
I've interviewed at Ohio and have an upcoming interview with UPenn (my instate) and was waitlisted by cornell. MSU is what I'm gunning for though if penn accepts me then I'd have to think about the financial implications as well
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSU IS my list of choicesI really do too ! MSU is high on my list of choices. hoping to hear back soon with a decision
I'm lazy and I love Michigan.

MSU IS my list of choices
I'm lazy and I love Michigan.![]()
i would never be brave enough to apply to only one school so more power to you 🙂
It's an expensive process, and I was trying to minimize my costs as much as possible! Plus, I kind of looked at my top 4 schools, and realized MSU was probably my best shot in terms of how they look at candidates and do admissions. Plus, I really do like the school and living here!i would never be brave enough to apply to only one school so more power to you 🙂
I may change my tune next cycle if I don't get offered admission this time, but I think there are advantages to putting all your eggs in one basket! 😉
It's an expensive process, and I was trying to minimize my costs as much as possible! Plus, I kind of looked at my top 4 schools, and realized MSU was probably my best shot in terms of how they look at candidates and do admissions. Plus, I really do like the school and living here!
I may change my tune next cycle if I don't get offered admission this time, but I think there are advantages to putting all your eggs in one basket! 😉
I didnt think i was a strong contender for vet school at all but i only applied to 4 places. I have one friend who did 18 !
congratsOOS Accepted! Ahh this is crazy. Good luck everyone 🙂
they already sent out alternate decisions? i guess they did say they would finish in state earlier than oos decisions.IS alternate. Feeling pretty </3. Also an alternate at Iowa. Interviewing at UMN next month but know as an OOS candidate, my odds are low. Ooof. It hurts!
good luck with your next interview - and iowa , oos waitlists are easier to get off of i believe
Me as well 🙂 OOS
did you guys get emails or calls?OOS Accepted! Ahh this is crazy. Good luck everyone 🙂
congratulations !
IS alternate. Feeling pretty </3. Also an alternate at Iowa. Interviewing at UMN next month but know as an OOS candidate, my odds are low. Ooof. It hurts!
Same. I feel you. Sending positive vibes your way!
they already sent out alternate decisions? i guess they did say they would finish in state earlier than oos decisions.
good luck with your next interview - and iowa , oos waitlists are easier to get off of i believe
I believe they completed all IS decisions but if you haven't heard and are OOS, I wouldn't worry yet as there are still two more round of interviews.
And yes, this means I'm either headed out of Michigan or re-applying.
Same. I feel you. Sending positive vibes your way!
Thanks Greyt. Tip: Pecan pie with ice cream and a glass of white wine is a decent pick-me-up after reading that email. Positive vibes back to you!!
The IS waitlist did move last year so you guys aren't out of the game yet. I would inquire about your position on the list if you haven't already to get a realisitic idea of what your chances are. I was in that boat last year. Best of luck with your other schools.
The IS waitlist did move last year so you guys aren't out of the game yet. I would inquire about your position on the list if you haven't already to get a realisitic idea of what your chances are. I was in that boat last year. Best of luck with your other schools.
Thanks, Finn. I will definitely reach out to them in the morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Greyt. Tip: Pecan pie with ice cream and a glass of white wine is a decent pick-me-up after reading that email. Positive vibes back to you!!
That sounds amazing! I'll have to sub that white wine for red though 😉
That sounds amazing! I'll have to sub that white wine for red though 😉
Haha! I have both on hand but I definitely gravitate towards white. My SO prefers red, too. 🙂
I believe they completed all IS decisions but if you haven't heard and are OOS, I wouldn't worry yet as there are still two more round of interviews.
And yes, this means I'm either headed out of Michigan or re-applying.
Yeah, im not too worried yet.
I'm giving it until February either way. If they are calling to do acceptances i think it makes sense that it won't be doable in a single day so no hopes up yet
Like finnick said, the IS waitlist does move sometimes. My good friend was 17th (I believe, it may have been 13) on the IS list last year and got it, but ended up getting the acceptance super late.IS alternate. Feeling pretty </3. Also an alternate at Iowa. Interviewing at UMN next month but know as an OOS candidate, my odds are low. Ooof. It hurts!
Did they call or email?Yeah, im not too worried yet.
I'm giving it until February either way. If they are calling to do acceptances i think it makes sense that it won't be doable in a single day so no hopes up yet