Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get their confirmation for the interview on 1/20? I signed up for 1/18 and 1/20 as my preferences and haven’t received a confirmation. (I assumed I got my first choice, 1/20, due to not receiving an email last Wednesday but now I am not sure given I still haven’t received confirmation)

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get their confirmation for the interview on 1/20? I signed up for 1/18 and 1/20 as my preferences and haven’t received a confirmation. (I assumed I got my first choice, 1/20, due to not receiving an email last Wednesday but now I am not sure given I still haven’t received confirmation)
If you didn’t get confirmation on Friday, you’re likely in the other interview date 1/28(?) I would believe.

If you didn’t get confirmation on Friday, you’re likely in the other interview date 1/28(?) I would believe.
I selected my 3 preferences as the two 20th times and one time on the 18th so that would be unfortunate

Members don't see this ad :)
are interviews virtual or in person?
Are you guys IS or OOS?

1673972548651.png

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
8CDD2382-FFA6-40A6-A0E7-B3A3082B1CC3.png

For those of you still waiting for a confirmation email. I got one a few hours after this for an alternate time this Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
*commencing internal screaming*

If they’re having this much trouble with IS I can’t wait to see how long it takes them with OOS

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone who did the interview today, it would be super awesome to let us know how it went! Good luck to everyone!

If they’re having this much trouble with IS I can’t wait to see how long it takes them with OOS
My thoughts exactly! I am a first year OOS applicant eagerly checking my email a few times a day. I don't have much hope that we will hear any time soon given the IS difficulties!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who did the interview today, it would be super awesome to let us know how it went! Good luck to everyone!
Going to keep this really really broad, weirdest interview I’ve ever attended. I was stressed the entire time, and didn’t think it went super well. Guess we will see

• Wow
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I never got an email with a survey for interview dates. Does that mean I’m most likely not being given one??

I never got an email with a survey for interview dates. Does that mean I’m most likely not being given one??
Are you IS or OOS. IS already got interview invite notifications. OOS won’t hear anything until the end of the month

Keeping it broad as well, but I really liked the format of the interview and thought it went really well! My interviewers were all very nice

Keeping it broad as well, but I really liked the format of the interview and thought it went really well! My interviewers were all very nice
Going to keep this really really broad, weirdest interview I’ve ever attended. I was stressed the entire time, and didn’t think it went super well. Guess we will see
A great demonstration in the duality of the interviews

Reactions: 6 users
A great demonstration in the duality of the interviews
Very true — and honestly I don’t even know if our questions or the interviewers were even the same. The stress was real though — best of luck to everyone who has or is going to interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Very true — and honestly I don’t even know if our questions or the interviewers were even the same. The stress was real though — best of luck to everyone who has or is going to interview!

Please don’t feel obligated to answer, just curious, were you allowed to use a paper and pen? I’m imagining during the short time period after the prompt is given to organize your thoughts?

Please don’t feel obligated to answer, just curious, were you allowed to use a paper and pen? I’m imagining during the short time period after the prompt is given to organize your thoughts?
I used the 2 min while the prompt was given to write down a couple notes on paper. There was no specific instructions on if we could or could not.

I used the 2 min while the prompt was given to write down a couple notes on paper. There was no specific instructions on if we could or could not.

Perfect, thanks for sharing!

Perfect, thanks for sharing!
Yes! Like they said, they didn’t really say one way or another. I did not use any but I don’t think they would have minded. It’s not really an interview you can prepare or study for, so having anything written down probably wouldn’t have mattered so I doubt they care!

Do we think they will send OOS interview invites this week?

does anyone know what the updated OOS tuition is? i can’t find any tuition info on the MSU page just links me to another page. also does MSU have tracks?

I haven’t had confirmation of an interview date and saw that we should hear by no later than Wednesday. Did anyone receive an email?? Just checking to make sure I didn’t miss something

I haven’t had confirmation of an interview date and saw that we should hear by no later than Wednesday. Did anyone receive an email?? Just checking to make sure I didn’t miss something
I didn’t receive anything either

I scheduled my interview for this Saturday the 28th and received my confirmation with instructions yesterday.

three more weeks
Honestly at that point, I’ll have heard back after interviews with 2 schools I’m really hoping for and I don’t know if I’ll have it in me to want to interview again if I get accepted to either 😅

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly at that point, I’ll have heard back after interviews with 2 schools I’m really hoping for and I don’t know if I’ll have it in me to want to interview again if I get accepted to either 😅
Haha I feel this. Interview season is exhausting especially for us introverts. And MMI’s are not my cup of tea

Still nothing...? If not tomorrow, it really *has* to be next week if interviews are the week of the 20th... right?

Reactions: 4 users
Hooray! I got accepted into one my top choices so if I’m offered an interview, I will be declining. I hope that makes it so one of y’all can have the opportunity ☺️

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hooray! I got accepted into one my top choices so if I’m offered an interview, I will be declining. I hope that makes it so one of y’all can have the opportunity ☺️
Congrats on getting into one of your top choices!! If you’re certain you’ll be declining the interview and you want to give someone else the opportunity, you might want to withdraw your application now. If you wait until interview decisions are out, rejections may come out at the same time and then your interview spot is lost.

I was accepted to my top school and will also be declining my seat if granted 😬

I was accepted at my IS today, emailed Michigan to pull my app! Hopefully (if i were to get an interview) someone else will get the chance to interview!! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
I really hope we hear today. That'll give some people a week to prepare at least.

did anyone get an email saying “your app is currently under review we’ll update you” just now?