Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

"Apparel such as jeans and sweatshirts/t-shirts (without holes) may be worn by students and on select occasions with approval of the Associate Dean by faculty and staff"

T-shirt life continuing strong



Is the name badge thing a troll?
Yeah the name badges are mandatory at the DMC because we need them to get into all of the classrooms, lockers and lounges....it is a hospital ID card.
I'm pretty sure ID badges are required at DMC since it's on a hospital campus but we certainly never had such things in East Lansing...


Sent from my XT1650 using SDN mobile
 
Anybody know the chances of getting placed at the EL campus? I was assigned the Macomb campus and am placed on the waitlist for EL. Or can someone transfer after the summer semester to a different campus?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know the chances of getting placed at the EL campus? I was assigned the Macomb campus and am placed on the waitlist for EL. Or can someone transfer after the summer semester to a different campus?

I was placed at Macomb, but later got offered a spot at my #2 a couple weeks after getting accepted and even my #1 a short while back. So there is definitely movement happening, although it's getting late (Orientation is in a week :O). It seems site placement demand goes DMC > EL > Macomb.

One of the current students I spoke to said that people tend to move around after the first summer or fall semester, so you probably have a good chance at transferring to EL since it has the most number of spots.
 
Anybody around Sterling Heights, Utica, or Shelby Township want to carpool to EL for orientation next week? I have room for 3 in my car and don't mind driving. I also wouldn't mind driving with someone else and chipping in for gas if you would rather take your car. pm me if you're interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone not doing that SOMA thing? I thought it was mandatory lol
 
does anyone know when we will get more information on the Major Anatomical Concepts Assignment? I'm really hoping I didn't miss anything...
 
Does anyone still have access to the D2L class info? It shut me out and says it wont open up again until the morning we start class lol


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Is anyone not doing that SOMA thing? I thought it was mandatory lol
Big/little sib isn't mandatory but there really are no negatives to it. It gives you someone to bounce questions off of and you can also just never talk to them if you don't need help lol
 
Hey guys, does anyone know of a cheap place to get Hep B shots in Lansing? Is it somehow covered by our student insurance? I'm just kind of reluctant to pay $51 USD to get it at the MSU Physician's office when I got a shot back in Canada for $7 CAD...
 
Hey guys, does anyone know of a cheap place to get Hep B shots in Lansing? Is it somehow covered by our student insurance? I'm just kind of reluctant to pay $51 USD to get it at the MSU Physician's office when I got a shot back in Canada for $7 CAD...
Best bet is to call BCN on Monday and ask
 
There is a coney island right in the DMC campus so some people will go order breakfast between the 8-9am lecture and eat a full breakfast during lecture [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1650 using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct me if im wrong, but on schedule builder it says anatomy starts at 8am not 7am?
 
Hope that's not going to be enforced at EL. Are scrubs okay??
Scrubs are always ok. I would recommend them for the anatomy lab for sure.....that dress code isn't enforced strictly. Just don't push it and wear outrageous things and ruin it for everyone [emoji23]
 
Scrubs are always ok. I would recommend them for the anatomy lab for sure.....that dress code isn't enforced strictly. Just don't push it and wear outrageous things and ruin it for everyone [emoji23]
Scrubs to class? Lololol at all of us freaking out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad