Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, but you can call student services and they'll confirm if they got itIs it normal for background check and fingerprinting to appear non-compliant on J0930 - University Physician Applications?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup, but you can call student services and they'll confirm if they got itIs it normal for background check and fingerprinting to appear non-compliant on J0930 - University Physician Applications?
Good to know! Thanks for the info.Not necessary. I called and asked. All they need is what Livescan sends them directly.
3.6 and 510🙂 But I think I have decent ECsCongrats! If you don't mind me asking, have you posted your stats/ECs on this forum?
-Fellow Canadian applying next cycle 🙂
You can use any scrubs you'd like; they don't have the be the official MSU ones. I don't think you need scrubs either as we had the option to wear either scrubs or our long lab coat over street clothes in the anatomy lab.I don't know if this question has been asked yet. Sorry if it was. I was wondering if the scrubs (from the orientation materials list) are a must for the summer semester. Also, if we do have to buy it, can we buy it outside of MSUCOM? Does it need to have the MSUCOM logo? And does it have to be 'Light Jade Green'?
Thanks🙂
It's done digitally so it should be pretty quick. I expect you'll be totally fine to do it once you move as I saw someone else in your situation called to get it figured out and that's what they said afterwards.Hi guys. Soo because I'm OOS it's been difficult for me to plan a trip to michigan to do the fingerprinting. How long does it normally take for the results to come out and be sent to MSU? I'm thinking of doing it at the end of May when I move in into East Lansing.
Mine was credited on May 20 (2014) so I expect they'll apply those for you soon!...
Unrelated, anyone see that $450 tuition credit from the seat deposit anywhere on their billing yet?
Would someone mind giving me an idea of my likelyhood of getting into MSUCOM? im a canandian applicant and MSU is my top pick. Not sure what my gpa is since the conversion, i think it might be anywhere from 3.4 to 3.5. Mcat is 506 and i have some good ECs, lots of shadowing, and i just submitted my primary today 🙂 thanks
Hey! I'm Canadian too and I was admitted this past cycle! I think you have a chance at getting in, but your GPA and MCAT are only slightly competitive for a Canadian applicant. Others Canadians I know who were offered admission, including myself, had a ~3.6+ GPA and a ~508+ MCAT. But that's only n=4! That said, MSUCOM places a lot of importance on clinical experience, shadowing, and EC's (as well as the essays that come with the secondary), so I think you have a chance, especially for an interview invite! Just impress them there and you're good to go. If anything, try to boost your GPA/experiences throughout the upcoming application cycle as well. Good luck!
Thanks 🙂 as long as u think ill get a secondary, i think i can pull it off. Do you think my stats are good enough to get one? Thanks.
Oh really? So they consider everything at once? Both primary and secondary application?Hi there. The secondary is sent to everyone. They don't pre-screen.
Oh really? So they consider everything at once? Both primary and secondary application?
whyOh god, I shouldn't have looked.
Because it's scary!
Some of this is so frustrating. How long is our July 4 break? One day? How do we see our weekly schedule of classes?
This is all I see.
- US17-ANTR-510-Clin Hum Gross Anat Palp Skill (All campuses) (starts Jun 12, 2017 1:00 AM)
Because it's scary!
http://com.msu.edu/Students/PreClerkship/2021 At A Glance Calendar.pdf
Yes, we have Tuesday the 4th off.
The schedule of classes is on StuInfo, M-F 7-12 and we do not have lab group/times assignments yet.
What tab is that under? I keep getting linked to a sex assault video/training.http://com.msu.edu/Students/PreClerkship/2021 At A Glance Calendar.pdf
Yes, we have Tuesday the 4th off.
The schedule of classes is on StuInfo, M-F 7-12 and we do not have lab group/times assignments yet.
You can't access your schedule unless you complete that training.What tab is that under? I keep getting linked to a sex assault video/training.
How am I going to make it through medical school if I can't figure out how to see my schedule?You can't access your schedule unless you complete that training.
How am I going to make it through medical school if I can't figure out how to see my schedule?
Also what's the point of having one day off for the 4th if it's a Tuesday? I'd rather have a long weekendwtf we have one day off? this aint college anymore mane
I'm gonna rescind my matriculation and my paid tuition.Also what's the point of having one day off for the 4th if it's a Tuesday? I'd rather have a long weekend
There's no way you're all trust fund babies.Yo fam how do we get access to our student loans we are going to use for rent and booze?
There's no way you're all trust fund babies.
That's what I thought. Damn.Do you mean like how do we get the money? Direct deposit enrollment is on stuinfo, i think you have to be on campus wifi in order to access that part tho. Ive heard we'll get it about a week or so before class. But to just see/accept the aid its all on stuinfo, under financial aid. If you have accepted your aid already the bill will be handled by the school/financial aid, then the rest will get deposited whenever thats supposed to be before class starts
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was exempted because I was called for duty in my former county of residence and had already moved to Lansing. If this is a similar case for you just make sure you do a change of address for your new location as they may want proof of your new residence.Anyone know if medical school is a fair enough excuse to get out of jury duty? [emoji52]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was exempted because I was called for duty in my former county of residence and had already moved to Lansing. If this is a similar case for you just make sure you do a change of address for your new location as they may want proof of your new residence.
Yep, really easy! If you're from MI you can either do it online:Ah thats sweet, i may do that. I havent changed my address from my parents address to my lansing address on my license yet, is that a relatively quick process? As like you said ill need proof
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yep, really easy! If you're from MI you can either do it online:
ExpressSOS: Online Services
Or at the local SOS office. There's a couple in Lansing/EL. They'll mail/give you a sticker to put on your license with the updated address. I just called the court and sent a scan of my license to the court clerk at their request. So I would recommend calling the district court that is summoning you and see what they recommend.
Some of this is so frustrating. How long is our July 4 break? One day? How do we see our weekly schedule of classes?
The second day is for site specific stuff. So if you are at MUC/DMC then it is your first day of orientation there. Not quite sure about EL.What usually happens on the second day of orientation? My graduation from grad school is on June 8th and I'm wondering if it would be okay to miss the second day of orientation.
[/QUOTE]The second day is for site specific stuff. So if you are at MUC/DMC then it is your first day of orientation there. Not quite sure
Mimosas and pancakes last I heardThank you.
Anybody knows what's happening in EL on day 2?
Yeah. The school isn't always the best at updating things year after year (looking at you, C3 curriculum)... You'll be fine with the Littmann CIII or CIV. Or any other stethoscope, for that matter, as far as getting through your pre-clinical work. I would recommend getting a good one, though, as it's the one piece of equipment you will use on a daily basis in the hospitals.Besides the fact the PDF with the equipment needed for the fall is full of broken links (lol), they suggest the Littman cardiology 3 which isn't sold anymore at a few of the vendors since there's the 4th version now.
So do I follow the advice of the very poorly made pdf or do I go ahead and buy the new version that's the same price?
Damn, nothing works on their website does it?
Pretty sure it only took a couple of minutes when I did it.Does anyone know how long the fingerprint process takes? My appointment is tomorrow
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Pretty sure it only took a couple of minutes when I did it.
5 minutes. The woman that took my fingerprints was in an improvised office that looked like it was setup in about 20 minutes and was watching Days of Our Lives while doing it.Does anyone know how long the fingerprint process takes? My appointment is tomorrow
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Bruh get on that asap. I failed my Hep B titer and had to start the 6 month sequence.5 minutes. The woman that took my fingerprints was in an improvised office that looked like it was setup in about 20 minutes and was watching Days of Our Lives while doing it.
On a related note, anyone here have the titers done? Thinking I'm going to call tomorrow to set an appointment.
5 minutes. The woman that took my fingerprints was in an improvised office that looked like it was setup in about 20 minutes and was watching Days of Our Lives while doing it.
On a related note, anyone here have the titers done? Thinking I'm going to call tomorrow to set an appointment.
Bruh get on that asap. I failed my Hep B titer and had to start the 6 month sequence.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.