Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skibum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from MSU yet? I was "invited" to submit the supplemental application (aka give them 60 more of my hard-earned dollars :D ) but haven't heard anything since November 1st and it doesn't look like the status page has been updated. Supposedly their admissions are rolling, so I was curious if anyone had heard anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard back from Michigan State on November 16th, inviting me for an interview there on December 8th. From what I could tell, they were conducting interviews all that week. Everyone interviewing on my day was from out-of-state; I don't know about those that they interviewed earlier in the week. Of those that they interviewed, Hilda (the director of admissions) said that they were going to try and inform the top 20-30% of their acceptances before Xmas. The rest that didn't hear back from MSU would still be considered against the remainder of the candidates that were going to be interviewed in February. I haven't heard anything yet, so my hopes are quickly going downhill about getting a nice Xmas present :( . I hope you hear from them in the new year about an interview in Feb...

I too was suckered into sending $60 more ;) However, I called the (really nice) receptionist a couple of weeks ago when I found out that some people were already interviewing in Nov/Dec, and she told me that was the group that applied in June. I definitely was one of the October 3rd-at-midnight applicants, so that round of interviews will be in February.... Good luck!
Elisabetta

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after you completed the supplemental application did they ask you for the extra money?

Boxsterluv said:
How long after you completed the supplemental application did they ask you for the extra money?

They asked for the fee and a supplemental applicationto be finished by late October.