Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

Started by mandydp6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all! I've been lurking this thread for a little while, but decided to post now that I've officially been offered an interview! 🙂

I have one question though... has anyone waited past the first round of interviews to interview later? Right now the remaining dates available are Nov. 11, 18, and 19. I'm leaving the country on the 18th, and though I could make arrangements with school and work to go on the 11th, I'd rather wait for a better date. So can I wait for more dates to become available or do I have to work with what I already have?

Congrats to those that have already been accepted!
 
I see the accepted student checklist in my account too!! I didn't receive a call though and called them at like 4:55pm to confirm and no one answered. I just hope this is FOR SURE! hehe. Does anyone know when in June school starts? And how long we have to make a decision?
 
I see the accepted student checklist in my account too!! I didn't receive a call though and called them at like 4:55pm to confirm and no one answered. I just hope this is FOR SURE! hehe. Does anyone know when in June school starts? And how long we have to make a decision?


Haha me too!!! Darnit I really wish they would have called us today so I could celebrate this weekend and tell everyone but I don't want to because it's not "official". I'm not sure about the exact start date and not sure how long for the decision... but I'm going to accept right away. I'm sure Mandy would know though. Which date did you interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha me too!!! Darnit I really wish they would have called us today so I could celebrate this weekend and tell everyone but I don't want to because it's not "official". I'm not sure about the exact start date and not sure how long for the decision... but I'm going to accept right away. I'm sure Mandy would know though. Which date did you interview?

I interviewed on Oct 1.
 
Hey guys we just interviewed this week and they said if your online account changed to accepted it is official and they will send out the paper work and eventually call you. So congrats to you guys 👍
 
Congrats on acceptances everyone!

Laura, when did you submit everything if you don't mind sharing?
 
YESSS!! Then I AM going to start celebrating and call everyone then. LOL. I love student doctor network.
 
Laura, when did you submit everything if you don't mind sharing?

I submitted the supplementals for both Midwestern schools on Oct. 17th. I still have yet to hear from Chicago.

Also, I think someone had requested we post our stats if we got an interview. My GPA is sitting at a 3.0, and my PCAT composite is an 82.
 
I just called and they said they're actually making a decision today. I want this so bad... I hope they give me a chance. Now I'm going to be staring at my phone all day. ><

When you called did you give them your name or did they say they were making decisions in general? And congrats on getting in by the way! 👍
 
Hey y'all! I've been lurking this thread for a little while, but decided to post now that I've officially been offered an interview! 🙂

I have one question though... has anyone waited past the first round of interviews to interview later? Right now the remaining dates available are Nov. 11, 18, and 19. I'm leaving the country on the 18th, and though I could make arrangements with school and work to go on the 11th, I'd rather wait for a better date. So can I wait for more dates to become available or do I have to work with what I already have?

Congrats to those that have already been accepted!

I believe you would just let them know you couldn't make those dates and wait till they post new dates. Why would you want to wait if you could take the 11th though?
 
I believe you would just let them know you couldn't make those dates and wait till they post new dates. Why would you want to wait if you could take the 11th though?

Coming from out of state, it's just really inconvenient to do it on a Thursday with my work and school commitments. I hoped I could wait and get a date on a Friday or Saturday. I really shouldn't be picky though, and since it is rolling admissions, I think I'll just end up taking the 11th anyway. Thanks for the reply though!
 
When you called did you give them your name or did they say they were making decisions in general? And congrats on getting in by the way! 👍


Thank you very much! :soexcited:

I gave them my name. I did just what Mandy said to do lol. And the lady was very nice about it. She looked my status up for me and said that they're actually still thinking about whether to accept me or not. Then I asked "Oh! Do you by any chance know when...?" She put me on hold and said "Actually, they're deciding today." I was happy but at the same time, I was so nervous. So I just said "That's good news! *...Hopefully, haha.* Thank you very much." I was anxious the whole day until checking my status online. Every five minutes for 2 hours. Sheesh right?
 
Thank you very much! :soexcited:

I gave them my name. I did just what Mandy said to do lol. And the lady was very nice about it. She looked my status up for me and said that they're actually still thinking about whether to accept me or not. Then I asked "Oh! Do you by any chance know when...?" She put me on hold and said "Actually, they're deciding today." I was happy but at the same time, I was so nervous. So I just said "That's good news! *...Hopefully, haha.* Thank you very much." I was anxious the whole day until checking my status online. Every five minutes for 2 hours. Sheesh right?

HAHA...YESSS!! I am good for something!!! Lol...I'm so glad you called! Now go have fun this weekend and celebrate! Hell, I should probably take my own advice. I didn't do diddly squat last weekend after finding out...so lame!!!

YAY again!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HAHA...YESSS!! I am good for something!!! Lol...I'm so glad you called! Now go have fun this weekend and celebrate! Hell, I should probably take my own advice. I didn't do diddly squat last weekend after finding out...so lame!!!

YAY again!!!!!


DOOOO it!! *High Five!* :highfive:
 
  • Has anyone recently interviewed at Midwestern University Glendale for the PharmD program?
  • If so, what interview questions were asked?
  • Was there an essay portion of the interview?
  • If so, what was the essay question regarding?
  • Does anyone have any other helpful tips when preparing for an interview like this?
Thank you so much for all your help!

there's another thread for the interview of this year so you should check out. The interview questions are the same as posted in the "interview feedback" on top of the web page. There's no essay for Glendale. I think there is at Illinois campus. Tips: don't be so nervous and just prepare for the questions 🙂
 
YAYY I just got the email invite for an interview!! I scheduled for Nov. 19th b/c I have school all day on Thursday. Should I skip my classes on Thursday to interview on the 18th?? Ahhh I don't know what to do! I'm so nervous and happy!! :laugh:
 
YAYY I just got the email invite for an interview!! I scheduled for Nov. 19th b/c I have school all day on Thursday. Should I skip my classes on Thursday to interview on the 18th?? Ahhh I don't know what to do! I'm so nervous and happy!! :laugh:

If you already scheduled for the 19th then just keep it lol.
Congrats!
 
Thank you very much! :soexcited:

I gave them my name. I did just what Mandy said to do lol. And the lady was very nice about it. She looked my status up for me and said that they're actually still thinking about whether to accept me or not. Then I asked "Oh! Do you by any chance know when...?" She put me on hold and said "Actually, they're deciding today." I was happy but at the same time, I was so nervous. So I just said "That's good news! *...Hopefully, haha.* Thank you very much." I was anxious the whole day until checking my status online. Every five minutes for 2 hours. Sheesh right?

Ok thanks. Ill probably give them a couple days then call next week, hopefully get the same good news. :xf:
 
Mandy so I interveiwed yesterday and grew very anxious and check on line. It has an acceptance check list for me requesting for a deposit. Does that mean I got in?
 
Mandy so I interveiwed yesterday and grew very anxious and check on line. It has an acceptance check list for me requesting for a deposit. Does that mean I got in?

You interviewed yesterday and already have an accepted student checklist? That seems unrealistic, considering the interview days go until 2pm. But if that's the case, then yes, that means you got in.
That's really weird though...

Has anyone else from yesterday's interview already been able view their checklist? Or from the 21st?
 
I was wondering how long does pharmcas sent the mail out to the designated schools? I e-submitted my pharmcas application on oct.14? does it really take 5 weeks to mail it out?
🙁
 
I was wondering how long does pharmcas sent the mail out to the designated schools? I e-submitted my pharmcas application on oct.14? does it really take 5 weeks to mail it out?
🙁

If you're GPA is calculated, it should hopefully get mailed out this Monday...if not, then next Monday the 1st.
 
You interviewed yesterday and already have an accepted student checklist? That seems unrealistic, considering the interview days go until 2pm. But if that's the case, then yes, that means you got in.
That's really weird though...

Has anyone else from yesterday's interview already been able view their checklist? Or from the 21st?

I was interviewed yesterday, and I just checked online, I also got the accepted student checklist...this is very odd....I am not sure if I should believe it....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was interviewed yesterday, and I just checked online, I also got the accepted student checklist...this is very odd....I am not sure if I should believe it....

WOW that's crazy... I'm sure it means you're in though... at least I hope so. Or else I'm in a lot of trouble 0_0 if they mistakenly put some people on and didn't mean to. Ah! What a horrible thought.
 
I checked my matriculation agreement and there's my name, offering to admit me. So I'm pretty sure it's legit! Now it's REALLY starting to sink in... I got into my first choice school!! I'm going to pharmacy school in June! AHH!! 😀
 
I was interviewed yesterday, and I just checked online, I also got the accepted student checklist...this is very odd....I am not sure if I should believe it....

It is extremely weird, but I guess it's not impossible. I mean, if the day was done by 2pm, I suppose they could have all met right after that and made a decision on the one's who they liked within 2 hours.
This is what had to have happened, because your checklists wouldn't have shown up if you weren't accepted.

Soooooo.......CONGRATULATIONS!!! :highfive:
 
You interviewed yesterday and already have an accepted student checklist? That seems unrealistic, considering the interview days go until 2pm. But if that's the case, then yes, that means you got in.
That's really weird though...

Has anyone else from yesterday's interview already been able view their checklist? Or from the 21st?

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while, but finally mustered up the courage to join =D.

I interviewed on the 21st, and my status has changed to accepted as well. I really hope it's legit because I've already told people I got accepted! Lol

I am so grateful.
 
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while, but finally mustered up the courage to join =D.

I interviewed on the 21st, and my status has changed to accepted as well. I really hope it's legit because I've already told people I got accepted! Lol

I am so grateful.
Congratulations!!! We got done early on the 22nd, so maybe they had time to go over the files, but I sure hope the check list is accurate because I called everyone already.. I'd feel really stupid if it weren't true..
 
Congratulations!!! We got done early on the 22nd, so maybe they had time to go over the files, but I sure hope the check list is accurate because I called everyone already.. I'd feel really stupid if it weren't true..

Yea, we got done early as well. We only had like 12 people interview that day (as opposed to the 20-30 they usually have). So, I'd say they had plenty of time to review our applications as a whole! High five JM3! We're family now!
 
hey has anyone application been put on hold pending a potential interview invitation?? does it mean i have a chance of being call for interview soon or not much of a chance of being called for this cycle? Thanks!
 
Thanks Mandy and Lea. 😳

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
And good luck to everyone is going to interview! :luck:
I hope I can see a lot of you in my class in June!
 
Yea, we got done early as well. We only had like 12 people interview that day (as opposed to the 20-30 they usually have). So, I'd say they had plenty of time to review our applications as a whole! High five JM3! We're family now!
This really is also exciting and unexpected =) I need to bring the focus back to classes for a bit. Can't wait till next year!!
 
So.... Is it ok to believe that we got in? I too interviewed on the 22nd and had my status change to admitted, but I suppose I am too afraid to believe it. I am going to contact them on Monday and if true, celebrate after midterm week ;-). Congrats to all who got in!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey has anyone application been put on hold pending a potential interview invitation?? does it mean i have a chance of being call for interview soon or not much of a chance of being called for this cycle? Thanks!

Want to answer this for you...I received that same letter when I submitted my supplemental. It wasn't until after I re took the PCAT and they received the new scores that I was invited for an interview.
So, knowing your stats, I may be able to predict when you would get an invite.
What is your GPA and PCAT score, and did you re take it in October?
 
Hey all! Congrats to all who have already been accepted... I too interviewed two days ago on October 22nd. I have noticed a few people received portal updates that same evening informing them they have been accepted. I have not received anything yet, and I am starting to already feel uneasy and nervous. Do you think they made all of their decisions from that day all at once? Or is there still hope for me? I want in to baaad!😳

p.s. It was nice meeting everyone who interviewed the same day as me. I'm hoping we can become family in June!

Thanks,
Greg
 
Hey all! Congrats to all who have already been accepted... I too interviewed two days ago on October 22nd. I have noticed a few people received portal updates that same evening informing them they have been accepted. I have not received anything yet, and I am starting to already feel uneasy and nervous. Do you think they made all of their decisions from that day all at once? Or is there still hope for me? I want in to baaad!😳

p.s. It was nice meeting everyone who interviewed the same day as me. I'm hoping we can become family in June!

Thanks,
Greg

Well you won't "receive" anything. You need to log on to your account and see if you have an accepted student checklist there.

Second, I will tell you that there are a few people on here who didn't get their accepted student checklist until a week and a half later than others who interviewed the same day. So, just because they may have not made a decision on you yet, certainly does not mean you're out of the running.
 
Hey all! Congrats to all who have already been accepted... I too interviewed two days ago on October 22nd. I have noticed a few people received portal updates that same evening informing them they have been accepted. I have not received anything yet, and I am starting to already feel uneasy and nervous. Do you think they made all of their decisions from that day all at once? Or is there still hope for me? I want in to baaad!😳

p.s. It was nice meeting everyone who interviewed the same day as me. I'm hoping we can become family in June!

Thanks,
Greg

I'm sure they didn't make all of their decisions that day. I believe someone said from last year they interviewed in October and got accepted in Spring. Keep your chin up and keep checking! You got interviewed, so it's safe to say that MWU wants you 😀
 
VDB and Mandy... thanks a lot for your input. I feel a bit better about things! I just gotta have patience. My fingers are crossed!😎