Midwestern CPG, AZ c/o 2014

Started by mandydp6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well it appears there are separate payment tabs for the matriculation agreement and the deposit. There is a "pay by credit card" tab for each of them, so I believe they may be separate. I would imagine it would be tough for the school to expect our tuition payment before we see how much aid we get. I'm not sure though.


-Greg

Yeah, they payment is only for the deposit. And yes, of course they expect that right away - as will any school. I highly doubt you will find a school that will allow you to wait until you can find out how much financial aid you will be approved for before confirming or declining their offer.
I honestly know nothing about the financial aid process, but it was my understanding that many people have their entire pharmacy school tuition, fees, and living expenses all on financial aid.

Anyone else who knows anything about this process, feel free to chime in...would there be reasons why a student wouldn't be able to get all their tuition covered by financial aid/loans?
 
I'm so glad to hear that so many of you guys got the call too! This is the first time I'm going to be living on my own (and in a different state), so I hope to be able to get to know you all personally.

Would anyone like to keep in touch until next June? 😳

Of course! I am also on facebook...
Have you decided to attend here? I noticed you are interviewing at USN as well.
 
Yeah, they payment is only for the deposit. And yes, of course they expect that right away - as will any school. I highly doubt you will find a school that will allow you to wait until you can find out how much financial aid you will be approved for before confirming or declining their offer.
I honestly know nothing about the financial aid process, but it was my understanding that many people have their entire pharmacy school tuition, fees, and living expenses all on financial aid.

Anyone else who knows anything about this process, feel free to chime in...would there be reasons why a student wouldn't be able to get all their tuition covered by financial aid/loans?


From what I understand, everyone should be entitled to the stafford loan ~ 37 k, anything more that we need would be the Grad Plus Loan? That one is dependent on credit? I think the only reason anyone wouldn't get a government loan is if they make too much money already. But that doesn't mean they can't get a private loan. I'm not that familiar with the financial aid stuff, but I'm trying to churn out what I remember from the financial aid presentation at MWU lol. Hope this helps somehow
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Of course! I am also on facebook...
Have you decided to attend here? I noticed you are interviewing at USN as well.

I have an interview there and at Pacific in Oregon. But, I am pretty much sold on MWU. I love everything about the school, faculty, and overall feel of the community. However, my mom is sad that I'm leaving and wants me to interview at USN "just in case." So, it's mainly for her.

Again, it's going to be my first time on my own, so I'm just envisioning myself in the future. I'm already a tad bit homesick 🙁
 
Does anyone know when exactly we would get the loan money? Would it be before we actually start or that month...? I'm only asking because I want to know how much I'll have to save before classes actually start. 🙂
 
Yeah, they payment is only for the deposit. And yes, of course they expect that right away - as will any school. I highly doubt you will find a school that will allow you to wait until you can find out how much financial aid you will be approved for before confirming or declining their offer.
I honestly know nothing about the financial aid process, but it was my understanding that many people have their entire pharmacy school tuition, fees, and living expenses all on financial aid.

Anyone else who knows anything about this process, feel free to chime in...would there be reasons why a student wouldn't be able to get all their tuition covered by financial aid/loans?


That's what I figured. I am fairly "green" to the financial aid process as my Mother usually fills out the forms and tells me to sign here and there 😛. I suppose now is as good as a time as any to start learning this stuff. My take on things is most students can get their tuition covered for the most part. Thanks again everyone for your help. And feel free to add me on Facebook!🙂 Gregory F. Dziduch


-Greg
 
Does anyone know when exactly we would get the loan money? Would it be before we actually start or that month...? I'm only asking because I want to know how much I'll have to save before classes actually start. 🙂

Don't quote me on this, but I think we get the first month's money right away (it goes to the school and pays for the tuition), but then we have to wait for the refund (which could be soon after with direct deposit)?

For an even better answer that isn't a question, wait until tomorrow and call MWU Financial Aid Office! :laugh:
 
Don't quote me on this, but I think we get the first month's money right away (it goes to the school and pays for the tuition), but then we have to wait for the refund (which could be soon after with direct deposit)?

For an even better answer that isn't a question, wait until tomorrow and call MWU Financial Aid Office! :laugh:


Haha, I'll probably call tomorrow! I really should have paid more attention during that financial aid video. -____-
 
I have an interview there and at Pacific in Oregon. But, I am pretty much sold on MWU. I love everything about the school, faculty, and overall feel of the community. However, my mom is sad that I'm leaving and wants me to interview at USN "just in case." So, it's mainly for her.

Again, it's going to be my first time on my own, so I'm just envisioning myself in the future. I'm already a tad bit homesick 🙁

Where are you coming from? I applied to both of those schools as well. I really liked Pacific!
 
That's what I figured. I am fairly "green" to the financial aid process as my Mother usually fills out the forms and tells me to sign here and there 😛. I suppose now is as good as a time as any to start learning this stuff. My take on things is most students can get their tuition covered for the most part. Thanks again everyone for your help. And feel free to add me on Facebook!🙂 Gregory F. Dziduch


-Greg

If I knew how to start a Facebook group page, I would. But...I don't...haha. Anyone else wanna volunteer for that?!?
 
Where are you coming from? I applied to both of those schools as well. I really liked Pacific!

I'm from Las Vegas. I have not visited Pacific yet, but my boss has told me so many good things about the school (he is applying to the optometry program there). What did you personally like about Pacific? Did you get a chance to interact with the students and faculty on campus?
 
If I knew how to start a Facebook group page, I would. But...I don't...haha. Anyone else wanna volunteer for that?!?


I just did for the first time ever. Now what? Lol I used the same title from this thread. Add me!

Kevin Hoang
 
I just did for the first time ever. Now what? Lol I used the same title from this thread. Add me!

Kevin Hoang

I looked but there's a few of them, I wasn't sure which was the right one...lol. What exactly should I type in the search field?

Oh, you're from Vegas? So USN would definitely be closest. Location was the primary factor for me, but if it's not for you then it's really just about how your experiences at each school go.
I flew to Oregon and California to visit Pacific and UoP, and liked both schools. What I liked about Pacific was how nice Kieran was. She really spent a lot of time with me discussing the
admissions process and giving me a full tour - so I really felt like I got my moneys worth for
flying there. I also think I would like the block scheduling that they do (USN has the same thing).
I never toured USN, but I'm sure you heard all the
negatives about that school. I would wait and see how you feel about it after you interview (if you're interviewing) - because it could just be a bunch of BS

Edit: I just found the FB page 🙂
 
Last edited:
Well to be honest, your GPA is not bad, it's the PCAT that will hold up your invite. Did you retake it last weekend?
I only say this because I got a hold letter, not an interview invite when they had my first PCAT (43 composite).

no, i did not take it on october, i decided not to since I am paying for all the application & supplemental fees and pcat fees. Also, I did not study at all and I wouldnt feel ready taking it again.
how did you study for the pcat? do you know when is the last day they are interviewing for MWU?
 
I looked but there's a few of them, I wasn't sure which was the right one...lol. What exactly should I type in the search field?

Oh, you're from Vegas? So USN would definitely be closest. Location was the primary factor for me, but if it's not for you then it's really just about how your experiences at each school go.
I flew to Oregon and California to visit Pacific and UoP, and liked both schools. What I liked about Pacific was how nice Kieran was. She really spent a lot of time with me discussing the
admissions process and giving me a full tour - so I really felt like I got my moneys worth for
flying there. I also think I would like the block scheduling that they do (USN has the same thing).
I never toured USN, but I'm sure you heard all the
negatives about that school. I would wait and see how you feel about it after you interview (if you're interviewing) - because it could just be a bunch of BS

Edit: I just found the FB page 🙂




I have been to USN and toured there, since I am from Vegas. The school has a nice atmosphere, but it is rather small. The administrators that I met were answering all my questions I had about the school and seemed very nice and down to earth.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked but there's a few of them, I wasn't sure which was the right one...lol. What exactly should I type in the search field?

Oh, you're from Vegas? So USN would definitely be closest. Location was the primary factor for me, but if it's not for you then it's really just about how your experiences at each school go.
I flew to Oregon and California to visit Pacific and UoP, and liked both schools. What I liked about Pacific was how nice Kieran was. She really spent a lot of time with me discussing the
admissions process and giving me a full tour - so I really felt like I got my moneys worth for
flying there. I also think I would like the block scheduling that they do (USN has the same thing).
I never toured USN, but I'm sure you heard all the
negatives about that school. I would wait and see how you feel about it after you interview (if you're interviewing) - because it could just be a bunch of BS

Edit: I just found the FB page 🙂

Yea, for everyone else, you can try my email: [email protected]
I'm the guy with the table tennis picture LOL

Location is a bonus, and I toured USN over summer. Dawn with Admissions was especially helpful and attentive. However, in deciding a school, I try to look at everything. MWU has a rigorous program, from all year-round, no gaps, no time off really between quarters. They have a Professional Skills development course EVERY quarter (that's huge for me). Not only was Dr. Dietrich warm and friendly, but he went out of his way to get me the supplemental link because I never received it in September. I felt like I made an instant connection with all the students and faculty for the two days I spent at MWU. And plus, they have 5 ping pong tables dispersed around campus 😍 USN only has 1 🙁

I'm 90% sure I'm choosing MWU, but still don't know whether to go to USN or not; I feel guilty taking someone's spot just because I am 10% unsure.

Btw, did I make the group correctly? We need a picture. Everyone feel free to join! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
 
Yea, for everyone else, you can try my email: [email protected]
I'm the guy with the table tennis picture LOL

Location is a bonus, and I toured USN over summer. Dawn with Admissions was especially helpful and attentive. However, in deciding a school, I try to look at everything. MWU has a rigorous program, from all year-round, no gaps, no time off really between quarters. They have a Professional Skills development course EVERY quarter (that's huge for me). Not only was Dr. Dietrich warm and friendly, but he went out of his way to get me the supplemental link because I never received it in September. I felt like I made an instant connection with all the students and faculty for the two days I spent at MWU. And plus, they have 5 ping pong tables dispersed around campus 😍 USN only has 1 🙁

I'm 90% sure I'm choosing MWU, but still don't know whether to go to USN or not; I feel guilty taking someone's spot just because I am 10% unsure.

Btw, did I make the group correctly? We need a picture. Everyone feel free to join! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you still have any uncertainty, I would still interview there. I declined my interviews only because I was certain I wanted Midwestern.

Yup, the page looks right to me! Although I don't know if there's an official way to be a part of that group, or do I just click "like"? Lol
 
If you still have any uncertainty, I would still interview there. I declined my interviews only because I was certain I wanted Midwestern.

Yup, the page looks right to me! Although I don't know if there's an official way to be a part of that group, or do I just click "like"? Lol

Well, I added you and Greg. But I thought there was a way to just add yourselves. Maybe there's a subscribe button? That would suck if I have to add people personally. It's everyone's group. When you click on the group, does it have its own page?
 
ahhh, i feel like I am getting impatient waiting on the PharmCAS to "mail" my application to the schools I am hoping to apply for.
 
no, i did not take it on october, i decided not to since I am paying for all the application & supplemental fees and pcat fees. Also, I did not study at all and I wouldnt feel ready taking it again.
how did you study for the pcat? do you know when is the last day they are interviewing for MWU?

Well I can tell you I wasn't invited for an interview with that first score. Maybe they'll be more lenient with interviews as the cycle progresses, but I would think it would be the opposite?? I hope for your sake I'm wrong.
I think they interview into at least February.
I used Kaplan
 
Well, I added you and Greg. But I thought there was a way to just add yourselves. Maybe there's a subscribe button? That would suck if I have to add people personally. It's everyone's group. When you click on the group, does it have its own page?

Yeah it's a page. I don't see a subscribe button, only a "like" button. Clearly, I'm a rookie!
 
Well I can tell you I wasn't invited for an interview with that first score. Maybe they'll be more lenient with interviews as the cycle progresses, but I would think it would be the opposite?? I hope for your sake I'm wrong.
I think they interview into at least February.
I used Kaplan

ok thanks mandy for your help. I'll just wait until they mail out my application and if I dont get into this cycle, theres always next year, but then I would probably have a bachelors degree.
 
ok thanks mandy for your help. I'll just wait until they mail out my application and if I dont get into this cycle, theres always next year, but then I would probably have a bachelors degree.

That could help, but I don't think it would be a deciding factor...I don't have a degree. If you don't get in, I recommend you do everything you can to boost your GPA, but more importantly improve your PCAT.
I don't know about your other info as far as ECs, experience, or personal statements so I'm really not sure where you stand. I hope you get an interview, because if you get that, you have a pretty good chance at Midwestern I would think.
 
If you guys and gals want to join the Facebook page that Kevin has kindly started, feel free to send Kevin or me an email with your Facebook info so we can add you...or find us directly on Facebook and request us as friends, then we can add you to the group.

[email protected]
 
Hey did anyone here receive a conditionally accepted background check request? I just received that email, but I'm not sure if it's for Belmont or Midwestern. I haven't received a call from either school and my online status for MWU is still applicant, so I'm confused 😕
 
Hey did anyone here receive a conditionally accepted background check request? I just received that email, but I'm not sure if it's for Belmont or Midwestern. I haven't received a call from either school and my online status for MWU is still applicant, so I'm confused 😕

i got the background check request too. i think it's for MWU because i didn't apply to Belmont.
 
I've been checking this page for a while but don't really post much. Since some of you guys got your portal updated, I just wonder if all of you have got a phone call from the admission office or a letter of acceptance. I got the acceptance checklist last Friday, but I still haven't heard anything from the school...could this be bad? I interviewed on Oct 4, and in the same group with Mandy

Btw, congratulations to Mandy and Nina, and others who got accepted 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been checking this page for a while but don't really post much. Since some of you guys got your portal updated, I just wonder if all of you have got a phone call from the admission office or a letter of acceptance. I got the acceptance checklist last Friday, but I still haven't heard anything from the school...could this be bad? I interviewed on Oct 4, and in the same group with Mandy

Btw, congratulations to Mandy and Nina, and others who got accepted 😉
Hey, don't worry. I saw the check list on Saturday and got the call on Monday. The dean said if it changes on the portal it means your in. Takes time to send out letter and make calls.
 
Hey, don't worry. I saw the check list on Saturday and got the call on Monday. The dean said if it changes on the portal it means your in. Takes time to send out letter and make calls.

That's relieving. Thank you, I will try to be more patient and wait for their call/letter
 
I've been checking this page for a while but don't really post much. Since some of you guys got your portal updated, I just wonder if all of you have got a phone call from the admission office or a letter of acceptance. I got the acceptance checklist last Friday, but I still haven't heard anything from the school...could this be bad? I interviewed on Oct 4, and in the same group with Mandy

Btw, congratulations to Mandy and Nina, and others who got accepted 😉

Congrats Wendy! Are you Wendy from Cali?? I got a call on Monday but if you have the acceptance checklist, I'm pretty sure that means you're in. They probably just have a lot of people to call. My phone call was very brief and to the point lol.
 
Congrats Wendy! Are you Wendy from Cali?? I got a call on Monday but if you have the acceptance checklist, I'm pretty sure that means you're in. They probably just have a lot of people to call. My phone call was very brief and to the point lol.

THank you Nina. Yeah, I'm the Vietnamese girl that sat at the same table with you. I hope they would call me soon, hopefully this is not some kind of technical mistake
 
when did you "e-submit" your application?

Seems like forever 😱
but it turns out it was on October 9th.
My GPA wasn't calculated til the 25th, and since they only mail on Mondays, I have to wait another week.
:scared:

I am so happy for the acceptees, and hopefully I will join you guys eventually.
 
Seems like forever 😱
but it turns out it was on October 9th.
My GPA wasn't calculated til the 25th, and since they only mail on Mondays, I have to wait another week.
:scared:

I am so happy for the acceptees, and hopefully I will join you guys eventually.

ok, i guess I have to wait another few days for them to calculate my gpa.
I agree, i hope we can join them soon. :xf:
 
Me too, I paid like the next day...LOL. I'm already working on all my immunizations/titers because I work at a hospital so it's free! I'm so ready for June!!!!!

Yayyy!!! We're family!!!!

Congrats! I remember all of you and I agree with you Mandy....so ready for June 2011!!!
 
Well, I added you and Greg. But I thought there was a way to just add yourselves. Maybe there's a subscribe button? That would suck if I have to add people personally. It's everyone's group. When you click on the group, does it have its own page?

EDIT: found the page!
 
Last edited:
Hey kevin! what is your group's name? i was not able to search that. I made a page a couple of weeks ago and I see that mandy and a couple of others are on there...
for a page you can just click like but for a group you need to ask permission to join...lol

nevermind...i found the group!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how long the personal statement has to be. I'm getting it should be short because some committees don't seem to like reading long ones.

Applying to MCPG as well.
 
Anyone know how long the personal statement has to be. I'm getting it should be short because some committees don't seem to like reading long ones.

Applying to MCPG as well.

Considering the character limit in Pharmcas is around 4500, you can't really exceed a page anyway. But being mindful of the fact that these folks read tons of PS, it would probably be a good idea to be succinct.

But what do I know, my pharmcas hasn't even sent out my stupid package yet.😡
 
I just got an interview invite early this morning! I'll be heading there November 11th. I'm so excited because this is one of my top schools I want to go to.

I've been checking the interview feedback section, looking for some scoop about the whole process. Is there any advice you guys just accepted have that can help put us at ease?

Thanks!
 
I just got an interview invite early this morning! I'll be heading there November 11th. I'm so excited because this is one of my top schools I want to go to.

I've been checking the interview feedback section, looking for some scoop about the whole process. Is there any advice you guys just accepted have that can help put us at ease?

Thanks!

Be prepared - practice those questions, not in your head, but out loud whether in front of the mirror, with an advisor or friend, or in a mock interview. Keep your answers brief, but actually say something relevant. Get feedback.

Be yourself - genuineness is powerful. The interviewers for me were very interested in what we had to say. I almost choked up and took a second to collect myself, but they were very understanding. It's like they're secretly rooting for everyone, so just make sure you convey your values, your motivation for pharmacy and MWU.

That's my experience and I had fun that day. :laugh: